International Simulation Football League
*My DSFL Mock Draft! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *My DSFL Mock Draft! (/showthread.php?tid=14895)

Pages: 1 2

*My DSFL Mock Draft! - IsaStarcrossed - 08-12-2019

You seemed to be willing to proofread my DFSL mock to see if I had any glaring omissions. Thanks a ton for any time you might spend on this. I'll feel a lot better knowing there isn't some super active guy that I completely forgot about.

Hey guys! I've locked that madman Bjørn away for the time being. Now that we have his gibberish and his absolute gluttony for tacos out of the way, we can have a real conversation about the upcoming DSFL draft. I'm still pretty new and am not entirely sure how GMs, especially in the DSFL will consider drafting. Due to the nature of most active DSFL players getting drafted more often than not, I'm going to assume every team needs every position. My placements in this mock in no way reflect my love for you all. Daddy loves you all equally. There are a ton of prospects in this upcoming draft and I could go on and on about every single one, but I am only going to be listing the first five rounds here. If you don't see your name here, it isn't a slight, it's just likely I haven't seen enough of you around to know any better!

Round 1 (1-6)

1. I do believe Jake Utler ( @PersonMann ) goes first over all. If I'm not mistaken, he was one of the first prospects to show up for S18 eligibility. He has a bit of a head start and a leg up on most other prospects. More than that, he's fairly active guy and has been pretty consistent with keeping up with his training. This slot will be going to one of the new DSFL expansions and they'll need a franchise player to start with. You can't go wrong with a franchise running back.

2. Junior Lopez ( @BeneZero ) the linebacker might be a solid choice here. He's another one of those early players who has about a week lead on most the prospects in this draft. He's managed to get in a little bit more development than many of us and continues to be an active player. This is another expansion slot and I think they could use someone that can make an immediate impact.

3. Givussafare Rubbe ( @caltroit_red_flames ), an offensive lineman. This guy is one of the most active prospects in this draft. You see him everywhere and he's an absolute meme machine. He's been around the block and he knows what to expect. Plus he's an offensive lineman and everyone loves offensive linemen.

4. I like one of the two more active defensive tackles to go here. I'm going to give this slot to Trae Bacon ( @RobCubed ). He's one of the most visible players in the class and he's a heavy hitter in the media. He does his own graphics and even highlight videos. He's a high effort player with a ton of potential and I think a lot of the GMs like that.

5. Bjørn Ironside ( @IsaStarcrossed ) comes off the board in this slot. I've worked pretty hard to get my name on the minds of GMs, using every media opportunity available. I stay up on every training opportunity I can and may be the single most active player in the class. I do think I fall behind Bacon though simply because I don't see myself quite as talented!

6. Speaking of teams needing franchise players, Jay Cue ( @Opera_Phantom ) is by far the most active quarterback in this draft class. Its not even remotely close. If a team is looking for a highly active quarterback with a ton of future upside, stop here. I only see him dropping this far because the game in the DSFL isn't friendly to rookie quarterbacks!

Round 2 (7-12)

7. Maurice Virtanen ( @`BaconBrother` ) is another linebacker I can see going earlier than not. He's been killing it in the media and is really working to get his name noticed by the GMs. When dredging through almost 100 prospects, things can start meshing together. I think Virtanen does what he needs to do to stand out.

8. The halfback Marcella Tōriki ( @bex ) will be hard to overlook. We're looking at another stand out half back who's really stuck out recently. Her presser really seemed to blowup, so there is some interest there. I can see her even going earlier than this if another GM is looking for a skill position slot.

9. I believe that that activity is key for getting picked in this draft. Zach Hall ( @Hallmonitor_20 ) the tight end hits all the right buttons. He's doing what he can to stand out in the crowd, which is exactly what you need in such a crowded tight end class.

10. I know it is crazy to have it this loaded early at halfback, but I can't ignore what Mathias Hanyadi ( @CLG Rampage ) has done. He's killing it in training and keeps popping up where he needs to be when he needs to be there. I think he's the third guy at this position off the board.

11. Jake Watson ( @goodvsevil1275 ) at wide receiver is one of the more vocal skill position players I've seen so far in this draft. I know that GMs are aware of him and that's really the most important thing for the DSFL.

12. Maximus Chungus ( @Quigonginger ) is another offensive line guy. He's got a memorable name to go along with a fair bit of business. Stacking that training from what I've seen.

Round 3 (13-18)

13. Secondary is always a nice place to look for talent and that is what brings me to Zach Bailey ( @Ocelot) the corner. He's one of the guys at secondary roles that I've seen making the rounds. I think this is a pretty solid spot for him.

14. While we're in the secondary, Korrin Abernathy ( @`VRTX L4S3R` )is the next name that comes to mind at corner. He's really been blowing things up the last few days.

16. Tyrone Biggums ( @Revolution5 ), wide receiver. Talkative and keeps himself busy. You see a name like Biggums and you remember it.

17. Net Gaines ( @`buffiegreat18` ) is a highly active linebacker I can see in the first three rounds. He's not afraid to ask questions and seems to be checking most of the boxes in the activity department.

18. Baxter Frost ( @Frostbite ) may be the craziest one here. I know that having a kicker in the first three rounds seems absolutely insane, but hear me out. Activity is king here. You can't always know who will and won't pan out, you don't know who will get lazy or lax on their training. You don't know who will just decide this isn't for them at all. I can't let Frost fall out of the third round. He's insane with his activity and I know there has to be a GM out there that likes his kickers.

Round 4 (19-24)

19. Footballer Blockerman ( @cpetrella ), offensive line. We've got a pretty big offensive line class, but Footballer Blockerman has a great name, has experience, and knows the ropes. I can't see him slipping too much further.

20. Otto VanJensen ( @Otto ), linebacker. This guy has even opened his own emporium. His name should start rising pretty fast for any GMs who are paying attention.

21. Another offensive lineman, Tore Andre Flø ( @bluesfan55 ) very well may come off the board here. He's another guy who knows the lay of the land here and has been working on his bank account. I've seen his name around and that's always good.

22. Fuzzy Dotson at halfback has to go here. He's a highly active athlete and I only have him falling this far because it is an absolutely stacked halfback class. ( @goodfortunecoffee )

23. David Rector ( @ddrector ) at corner would be a solid choice here. Media, training, vocal. What's not to like?

24. John-Caleb Bradberton ( @thunderbug ) is another DT prospect who's name I'm familiar with. He's getting accustomed to everything and keeping himself updated. A solid pickup.

Round 5 (25-30)

25. Louisiana Purchase ( @Modern_Duke ) may be able to fall in the top five rounds by name alone. The fact he's fairly active will certainly help out.

26. Pete Parker ( @jsteele14 ) at safety. Truly active safeties are pretty thin, but this is one of them. He's been hitting training and media pretty solidly!

27. Earl Sauce ( @FleshBagSoup ) is a TE who's keeping himself pretty busy right now, so I'd keep an eye out for him.

28.Jesse Jackson ( @calvins48 ) is a receiver who has recently gotten more active. He's been doing well in training and is starting to pop up in media. He can't be a bad pick here!

29. Thudd Kassel ( @Dylandeluxe ) at linebacker is coming onto the scene pretty hot right now. He's certainly trying to improve and I think in the next few days, his stock can on rise.

30. The linebacker Chico De La Agua ( @jordanjgonzalez922 ) has popped in recently and is making a solid effort at getting themselves noticed.

I'm sorry if I omitted anyone! I did this mostly based off of my person experience with the prospects and names that I recognized. It has come to my attention that there are actually a few prospects that are entering the draft that aren't listed under the "prospects" section. That's because they've been around for a while and were picked up on waivers for DSFL teams at the end of last season. Unfortunately it was really hard for me to pick them out of the crowd. They've got a fair bit of TPE and can shake up this list pretty well, so the accuracy of this list is questionable at best. Players like Stuart Little and Bender B. Rodriguez. Still, I did what I could with what I had and I hope everyone enjoys.

*My DSFL Mock Draft! - goodvsevil1275 - 08-12-2019

Looks good to me! Very interested to how how things play out. I'd be more than happy with being taken all the way up in the 2nd round

*My DSFL Mock Draft! - calvins48 - 08-12-2019

This is awesome!

*My DSFL Mock Draft! - .Laser - 08-12-2019

I like this one. A lot of thought going into both it and your bank account ????

(08-12-2019, 11:12 AM)VRTX L4S3R Wrote:I like this one. A lot of thought going into both it and your bank account ????

Leave my bank account out of this. It's a little sensitive and won't like your tone. Tongue

*My DSFL Mock Draft! - Ocelot - 08-12-2019

Great articles man, look forward to your content each time I see it pop up.

*My DSFL Mock Draft! - PersonMann - 08-12-2019

????

*My DSFL Mock Draft! - Hallmonitor_20 - 08-12-2019

Great work my man! You and Bjørn have a similar mock for Hall so I'm going to assume you're a fan of the bigger boys also.

(08-12-2019, 11:29 AM)Hallmonitor_20 Wrote:Great work my man! You and Bjørn have a similar mock for Hall so I'm going to assume you're a fan of the bigger boys also.

Haha! Believe it or not, that was completely coincidental! You're definitely the top tight end prospect in my view and you're easily one of the top 10 guys I see here and discord. 8 seemed to be a fair spot for you!

*My DSFL Mock Draft! - RobCubed - 08-12-2019

I think you're selling yourself short, I'd put Bjorn ahead of Bacon I think. Really great insights and you've put a ton of effort into these articles with well justified reasoning. The graphics and stuff are cool but you're showing the ability to research and get really deep into the league so far.

Great stuff as always!