International Simulation Football League
Subreddit - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: Subreddit (/showthread.php?tid=1490)

Pages: 1 2 3

Subreddit - AsylumParty - 06-26-2017

With all this reddit recruitment, it could help if we have a subreddit to link.

Subreddit - RavensFanFromOntario - 06-26-2017

What do you mean?

Also were doing a bunch more recruiting later, it's just a small one now.

(06-26-2017, 01:00 PM)RavensFanFromOntario Wrote:What do you mean?

Also were doing a bunch more recruiting later, it's just a small one now.

Are you unfamiliar with reddit or are you asking why I think it's a good idea?

I'll answer both for anyone curious, anyways.

Reddit is essentially a giant forum. There are many pages for discussion within, such as Madden, cooking, iPhone and Android... Anything and everything has a subreddit basically. It's where people post relevant things. Like if I was on the NSFL subreddit I might post something I wanted to discuss on that subreddit, whether that be just something I thought was funny, interesting, or whatever. I admit, I can't think of anything that wouldn't fit within the many sections we have available here, but for the sake of recruitment, it might be helpful.

Say I saw the reddit post recruiting for this site, but I don't have the time to sign up and create a player right then, to remind myself later on I could subscribe to that subreddit and see the posts that people are updating the subreddit with. On the other hand, it could simply serve as a more familiar way to navigate things like Rookie Guide and various other aspects of this site, without leaving reddit for some people. It takes a little while for newcomers such as myself to learn to navigate, not everything was immediately clear to me, though to be fair, that could just have been my experience. If anything, it's just another medium of communication between this site and another much larger website's users.

Subreddit - theFlock - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 08:14 AM)AsylumParty Wrote:Are you unfamiliar with reddit or are you asking why I think it's a good idea?

I'll answer both for anyone curious, anyways.

Reddit is essentially a giant forum. There are many pages for discussion within, such as Madden, cooking, iPhone and Android... Anything and everything has a subreddit basically. It's where people post relevant things. Like if I was on the NSFL subreddit I might post something I wanted to discuss on that subreddit, whether that be just something I thought was funny, interesting, or whatever. I admit, I can't think of anything that wouldn't fit within the many sections we have available here, but for the sake of recruitment, it might be helpful.

Say I saw the reddit post recruiting for this site, but I don't have the time to sign up and create a player right then, to remind myself later on I could subscribe to that subreddit and see the posts that people are updating the subreddit with. On the other hand, it could simply serve as a more familiar way to navigate things like Rookie Guide and various other aspects of this site, without leaving reddit for some people. It takes a little while for newcomers such as myself to learn to navigate, not everything was immediately clear to me, though to be fair, that could just have been my experience. If anything, it's just another medium of communication between this site and another much larger website's users.

I understand what you are saying, but I feel like all discussions should remain on this forum. Every time you post here, your activity is tracked and it shows how active and dedicated to the league you are. If we add another outlet it detracts from this forum. All discussions related and unrelated to the league are all carried out here.

Feel free to check out the Off-Topic sections, the rookie discussion, and when you join a team, join the locker room discussions!

Personally, I bookmarked this website and left it on my bar so that I saw it every day. I'm on this site maybe 5-10 times a day, even before I signed up. I can link the guides, or send them in a message if you want something you can go back to that is easier to navigate if you'd like?

(06-26-2017, 01:49 PM)theFlock Wrote:I understand what you are saying, but I feel like all discussions should remain on this forum. Every time you post here, your activity is tracked and it shows how active and dedicated to the league you are. If we add another outlet it detracts from this forum. All discussions related and unrelated to the league are all carried out here. 

Feel free to check out the Off-Topic sections, the rookie discussion, and when you join a team, join the locker room discussions! 

Personally, I bookmarked this website and left it on my bar so that I saw it every day. I'm on this site maybe 5-10 times a day, even before I signed up. I can link the guides, or send them in a message if you want something you can go back to that is easier to navigate if you'd like?

That's true. I hadn't considered the activity aspect.
You're probably right, with the site still growing it might not be smart to divide it.
I'm actually much more comfortable now with navigation than I was, it was just a bit confusing at first. I appreciate it though.

Subreddit - theFlock - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 08:59 AM)AsylumParty Wrote:That's true. I hadn't considered the activity aspect.
You're probably right, with the site still growing it might not be smart to divide it.
I'm actually much more comfortable now with navigation than I was, it was just a bit confusing at first. I appreciate it though.

No problem. If you ever have any trouble, you can always message one of the Rookie Mentors. Just scroll down to the bottom of the main page, and click on the Pink Members, or click "Rookie Mentors" and shoot one of them a message! I'd say you can message me, but I'm still getting settled in myself.

Subreddit - 7hawk77 - 06-26-2017

Even still, I think a subreddit should be created. You could sticky a bunch of relevant information on that subreddit and it could just kind of sit there (not completely dead, but not active. This allows redditors to stay on reddit and find out all of the information before leaving that site. Some people wouldn't want to click an external link without knowing a lot of information so I think this can't hurt.

Subreddit - RavensFanFromOntario - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 01:08 PM)7hawk77 Wrote:Even still, I think a subreddit should be created. You could sticky a bunch of relevant information on that subreddit and it could just kind of sit there (not completely dead, but not active. This allows redditors to stay on reddit and find out all of the information before leaving that site. Some people wouldn't want to click an external link without knowing a lot of information so I think this can't hurt.

I don't particularly know much about creating a Subreddit, but if one of our more experienced Redditors wants to do so, they could PM me and we could figure out how to go about it and what information should be on there.

Subreddit - ErMurazor - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 10:08 AM)7hawk77 Wrote:Even still, I think a subreddit should be created. You could sticky a bunch of relevant information on that subreddit and it could just kind of sit there (not completely dead, but not active. This allows redditors to stay on reddit and find out all of the information before leaving that site. Some people wouldn't want to click an external link without knowing a lot of information so I think this can't hurt.

My biggest concern would be that it might discourage people if we have a sub that is just dead.

Subreddit - 7hawk77 - 06-26-2017

I think the biggest thing is what is a good subreddit name, NSFL means not safe for life and probably have a bunch of horrid stuff. Ideally it should be short enough to easily navigate to but descriptive enough to say what it is.