International Simulation Football League
*QB Prospect Bowl Breakdown - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *QB Prospect Bowl Breakdown (/showthread.php?tid=14941)

*QB Prospect Bowl Breakdown - Hallmonitor_20 - 08-13-2019

With the round robin portion of the prospect bowl completed and a day off before the playoffs, let's take a look back at the captains of the offense's the quarterbacks. These are the madden cover athletes, the cool kids at every party, and the lead singers of your favorite acoustic bands. The quarterbacks make the big bucks for a reason they are the make or break of every offense and these prospects could be the difference of ultimini/ultimus success or 1st round exits.

Now, before we break it down we have to talk about the most hyped up, legendary, God of the sport that took time from his recent Ultimini championship celebration to play in this, The great Gimmy Jarrapolo.

Gimmy, is your dad's favorite quarterback, the guy kids emulate, an absolute stud. This was until this prospect bowl. Every prospect was told that Gimmy is better than Tom Brady and Joe Montana combined, but honestly he's just a Ryan Tannehill living off his glory days and amazing potential (He was going to break out one day Dolphin fans, wasn't he?).

So, after a horrendous showing we had to break down the stats to not only show off the great arm talent in this draft class but also prove that Gimmy wasn't that bad. Right?

First we will look at the accuracy. Everyone wants a quarterback that can hit the open target and find his playmakers.

Jay Cue - 62.68% (84/134)

Victor Bravo - 59.61% (93/156)

Phillip Helmet - 56.58% (73/129)

Gimmy - 53.74% (79/147)

Cue leads the way here as he was scary accurate with his throws. Bravo had the most completions but playing from behind against the Cobras gave him the most attempts as well. Then we have Gimmy who my sources believe he may have been blindfolded these last 6 weeks.

Now on to the yardage. Every good quarterback needs to be able to move the football and move the chains. No one wants an Alex Smith they want Patty Mahomes launching rockets.

Victor Bravo - 1060 Yards

Jay Cue - 888 Yards

Gimmy - 794 Yards

Phillip Helmet - 662 Yards

Victor Bravo is our only 1000 yard passer and with his receiver duo of Cope and Rodriguez he was not afraid to take shots down field. Gimmy actually isn't the worst in this category but it's still sad to see a 4 year vet struggle to put up yardage against a bunch of rookies. Helmet may have struggled in the yards department but he also had the least amount of attempts.

Now on to the touchdowns. This is the category everyone cares about anyway so its obviously the most important.

Jay Cue - 5 Touchdowns

Victor Bravo - 5 Touchdowns

Phillip Helmet - 2 Touchdowns

Gimmy - 0 Touchdowns

*Checks notes* Wait this is real? Gimmy Jarrapolo? Gimmy the Goat? Not a single Touchdown? How do you play 6 games and can't throw a single touchdown pass? Was Gimmy to hungover to actually care in these games? People actually drafted this guy? Atleast we can be happy about Bravo and Cue tied with 5 a piece so we had the chance to watch real quarterbacks play.

Look Gimmy has to be good at something right? So we compared Interceptions. Literally the worst thing to do as a quarterback. Gimmy had to lead in turnovers.

Jay Cue - 8 Ints

Phillip Helmet - 6 Ints

Victor Bravo - 6 Ints

Gimmy - 5 Ints

OH COME ONE! Gimmy is even bad at being bad. You know the saying "Always the bridesmaid never the bride"? Well Gimmy isn't in the wedding party. Didn't even get an invite. How is it that captain turnover himself isn't even the best at giving the ball away? Gimmy is a freaking anomaly of overrated talent.

Look, we've talked enough about Gimmy so let's give a summary of the real prospects in this draft.

Jay Cue, what can I say about this kid? He has no fear. He looks defenders right in the eyes and isn't scared to take a hit. Every game he would scramble away from sacks and throw majestic bombs to his wideouts. Now he also had 8 Interceptions as his chuck and pray technique would get the best of him but boy do I love that about him. If the AAF was still alive he'd be first in line for the Yeet Fleet with his canon. Probably my pick for best QB in this draft. Good luck in your Career Favre Jr.

Victor Bravo, a true leader on the field and in the locker room. This man is a surgeon. He reads defenses like the best of them and isn't scared to give his guys a chance on jump balls. Bravo would throw into double coverage knowing his guys would come down with the ball. Bravo is going to win a lot of QB of the year awards and a team is going to draft a franchise quarterback with this pick. Bravo is easily pick 1B in this prospect class.

Phillip Helmet, his stats don't really show it but Helmet has the heart and grit you want from a quarterback. His team struggled during these last 6 weeks but of no fault of his own. Helmet avoided sacks and extended plays and made some huge 3rd down throws. His arm talent may not be the same as Cue's but Helmet has the potential to be a real threat in the league.

*QB Prospect Bowl Breakdown - goodvsevil1275 - 08-14-2019

Nice write up. I really like positional breakdown content. Seeing Cue's stats surprised me, since it seems all he ever does is throw interceptions. If he can cut back on them, I think he easily has the best statline out of the prospect quarterbacks

*QB Prospect Bowl Breakdown - Hallmonitor_20 - 08-14-2019

(08-14-2019, 08:33 AM)goodvsevil1275 Wrote:Nice write up. I really like positional breakdown content. Seeing Cue's stats surprised me, since it seems all he ever does is throw interceptions. If he can cut back on them, I think he easily has the best statline out of the prospect quarterbacks

Cue definitely has the best arm talent, he could be really great one day. Also I'm working on the other positions now.