International Simulation Football League
*What's Shakin' with Bacon - Episode One - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *What's Shakin' with Bacon - Episode One (/showthread.php?tid=14950)

*What's Shakin' with Bacon - Episode One - RobCubed - 08-14-2019

Quote:This is a collaborative writing effort I plan to offer to other players who are interested going forward. It's actually a bit of work, since it's back and forth instead of steady writing. We wrote together in a shared Google Doc. It was a lot of fun!

Plan on doing some personal questions and as seasons continue, questions about the teams and specific matchups, stats, etc. If anybody is interested in running one please PM me or hit me up on Discord - RobCubed#9180

Please split the payout 50/50 if that is allowed, between @IsaStarcrossed and myself. If that works out, I'll offer the same split to anybody else interested, and the length can be determined by how much time/effort you want to put into it.

Red Text: Trae Bacon
Blue Text: Bjørn Ironside

The camera is centered on two lush leather chairs in front of a fireplace in a room full of bookcases, and between them is a grill. A set of skewers are sitting atop the grill and some light smoke rises from around them. Trae Bacon walks in from stage left and sits down in the left leather chair, barely fitting. He is wearing a formal three piece suit which is checkered blue and black, a yellow button up shirt, a brown cowboy hat, and thick rimmed glasses.

The camera switches to a close up his face.

Trae Bacon: “Good evening, America, and welcome to What’s Shakin’ with Bacon. Tonight we have a very special guest – which is fitting for a very special first episode. You know his name, you’ve read his many many articles on the league and what’s comin’ up. I’d like to welcome Mr. Bee-yorn Ironside.”

The camera cuts to the other chair, and Bjørn’s giant frame is also barely fitting into his leather chair. He is dressed in full black suit with an open front and a red button up shirt on full display. Dangling freely down his chest is a yellow tie decorated with tacos. “It’s a pleasure to be here, Trae. It’s nice to finally sit down with a fellow prospect. You know, other than on the field. I wasn’t sure I could make it at first, but then you mentioned food. It doesn’t look like tacos, but it sure smells good. Whatcha got cooking here?”

“I’m glad you could make it Bjørn. So here we have some bacon, and it’s wrapped around these things called scallops, which are delicious, and then we skewer them with these little sticks. Coated with a little bit of maple syrup, and now they’re grillin’. They are delicious. Not quite tacos but if you think of the bacon wrapped around it like a taco, it’s sorta like a taco.” Trae leans forward and rotates a few of the skewers. “So what’s the deal with you and tacos? I mean we all love tacos, but what makes ‘em so special to you in particular?”

Bjørn watches intently as Trae explains the tacos and turns them. He’s completely enamored by the display, wordless even. Finally with the question, Bjørn snaps out of it. “Those sound incredible, I’ll tell you. But tacos! You see, when I was young my mom was big into art. She kind of ran her own museum, you know? She always taught me that anyone can be an artist. You just have to find the right canvas. You see Trae, tacos are like a canvas. Their shell is blank and free and you can really do whatever you want with them. You can make them anything you can imagine. Savory, sweet, spicy. You name it, a taco can do it. Beef, chicken, seafood. Vegetables or no vegetables. You can make breakfast tacos, desert tacos, snack tacos. If you can imagine it, tacos can make it happen. I never really was good at art, Trae. Hands too big to draw really. Tacos are my canvas and I could talk about or eat them all day.”

Trae nods solemnly as he continues to turn the skewers. “You gonna have to make me some art some day then, sounds absolutely delicious. So you know we got the draft comin’ up and unfortunately I don’t see a way we both gonna get drafted by the same team, outside of God workin’ some kinda magic here. Let’s say though, hypothetical, that your defense was a taco, and you were able to make some art out of it. What would you put on that taco? Who or what would be in that taco?”

At the question of what would go into a taco, Bjørn’s eyes light up. “Oh man, you got to have some fileted steak, some shredded pepper jack cheese, some...:” His voice trails off as his brain catches up with his love for tacos. “Oh. You mean that kind of taco. Well, if I were building my dream taco from our fellow prospects, I’d obviously have to start with us. Trae, Bjørn, plugging the middle? Nothing would get by. But we’ve really seen some stars emerge in just the last couple of days. Bartowski, one of your teammates has been kind of impressing me out there. Looking more inwards, I’ve been enjoying playing beside Ram Bunchess. He’s been really making plays and sealing the edge for us. That really puts the meat on there. Looking at the middle of the field, the toppings if you will, we really have a wide array of choices. The linebackers have been impressive. These guys don’t shy away from contact and have really been racking up the numbers. You’ve got Vanjensen from the tropics. The dude has excellent sideline to sideline coverage. Ammons comes to mind from the Cobras. Guy has been a tackling machine. Then I have to look a De La Agua from your Wolfpack. The guy has been making some serious plays out there. Then you have to sprinkle on a little secondary. Corner from the Cobras, Korrin Abernathy has been absolutely clutch. As it turns out, Tomassi and FlimFlam made one hell of a one two punch for the Tropics back there. Fast guys, great hands. Then you spread a little Wozniak from the Wolfpack and suddenly you’ve got a damn fine taco there. Unfortunately, I don’t have any Mongoose mixed into our taco. If it wasn’t my absolute favorite taco, there were a few guys there who excite me. If it wasn’t for their lack of any real defensive presence in the first four games, they’d likely be on here but it was really their offense that was firing on all cylinders.”

“De La Agua… that guy is quick as all hell. I keep openin’ holes and gettin’ myself ready to bust through them, and he just slips past before I get a chance. But yeah, that’s a hell of a taco you just made. That defense would be winning rings year one, even as rookies. Honestly don’t even need an offense, just a kicker that can hit about 40 yards or so.” Trae laughs and rotates another skewer. “We’d win every game, since we’d just keep ‘em at the 25 and hit a field goal after every kickoff.”

Trae picks another skewer up and inspects it closely, then shakes his head slightly. “Few more minutes. While we’re waiting - how do we separate the man, Bjørn Ironside, from the myth, who also happens to be named Bjørn Ironside? Are they one and the same? Are those stories about you fightin’ bears as a kid, and surviving in the wilderness, is that true?”

Bjørn lets out a small, bewildered chuckle. “Now my friend, there is no myth when it comes to Bjørn Ironside. People talk about my stories a lot. The reality is, it's a bit surreal to hear people ask these kinds of questions because I lived it. I know it can be a bit beyond the realm of believe, but trust me when I say I was there. There is no myth, only the man. I am all real all the time. The bears you’re talking about? You’re referring to my little brothers, Bernhardt, Ursino, and Buttercup. We’re not blood related, obviously. They’re a tiny bit hairier than me. Met them when I was about four. Been inseparable ever since. I got lost wandering around in the woods by my house, their ma took me in. Took good care of me. They’re awfully upset at me now for leaving to join the NSFL, but I still hang out with them from time to time. They’re good people. Especially Buttercup. That dude is an absolute unit, stands seven foot tall if you’d believe it. He’s a big softy though. He’s got a thing for chin rubs and chicken. That's the way to Buttercup’s heart. They actually helped me get ready for the prospect bowl. Let me tell you, my man Bernhardt looks damn good in pads and a helmet. Maybe if we somehow end up on the same team, I might introduce you some time. Can’t promise they won’t try to eat you though. They’re pretty particular about company.”

“I feel like you should try to get these guys into the NSFL, they sound monstrous.” Trae picks up a skewer once more, inspects it, and then slides the piece of bacon wrapped scallop into his mouth, chewing slowly before swallowing with a satisfied sigh. “These are ready. Help yourself.”

Trae continues as he picks up another of the skewers. “What’s the biggest hurdle you’ve had to get where you are today, and what do you think the biggest hurdle you’ve got in front of you?”

“I offered, man. I figured the four of us would be unstoppable. They made some excuse about how they were too busy fishing though.” On introduction to the food, Bjørn excitedly snaps up a skewer. He brings it to his lips and goes at it aggressively. Think a homeless man with corn on the cob. He goes at it from all angles, taking huge bite after huge bite. “Oh man, these are great.” He snaps up another skewer and continues his assault. He finally begins, speak between bites. “Mrghfh. Mph fhegpeeb. Uyugh poth momph.” He puts the skewer down. “My biggest hurdle to become Bjørn is getting to the tiny man. When I first started football, I didn’t even think the tiny man was even important. Young Bjørn thought to himself, “What importance could someone so small have?”. Then I met my favorite coach in pee wee. He taught me that getting to the tiny man was the most important thing. Hit the tiny man, squash the tiny man, break the tiny man. It touches the ball? Smash it. That said, I also think it is my biggest hurdle going forward. Bjørn’s whole life has been about going after the tiny man. We’re entering the big leagues now. The guys are getting bigger. Even in our own prospect class, there are some absolute units coming up to protect the tiny man. They’re going to make it that much more difficult. For Bjørn’s life to be complete, he must absolutely ravage all the tiny men. Getting to that goal will be a hurdle all in itself.”

Trae nods as he chews on another bacon wrapped scallop. “Man if anybody can make this prospect class look like tiny men, it’s you. And I got no doubt you’re gonna be crushin’ tiny men for years to come.” Trae pulls an index card out of his suit’s inside pocket and adjusts his glasses as he peers at it. “Here’s a few rapid fire questions.”

“First, if you weren’t playing football, what would you be doing? Second, who do you think I should try to get on the show next? Draft prospects, NSFL or DSFL, coaches, whatever. And finally, what should I serve them? Not limited to the grill here, we could get a stove or prepare it in advance.”

Trae lowers the card and looks back to Bjørn.

Bjørn stares silently at Trae, the hamster wheels beginning to turn in the big man’s brain. “Without footbal? Huh.” Bjørn goes quiet again. He brings a hand to his chin, clearly putting far more thought into this than what is really necessary. “Bjørn has never thought about life without football. It has always been my life. If I had to take a guess though, it would probably be rugby. Like my dad. You know, he used to be a professional rugby player? Made the national team a few times in Denmark. Rugby is a bit like football. You get to smash tiny men in rugby as well, so I wouldn’t have to change my goals that much. If you’re excluding contact sports completely, that gets pretty tough. If I had to look at my capabilities, I believe I’d have to choose figure skating. I mean I clearly have the build for it. Bjørn is the epitome of grace and beauty at all times. I could see myself gliding around the ice, tossing tiny people into the air. Figure skating would certainly be my first option if contact sports weren’t involved.” Bjørn pauses for the next question. He taps his chin and then his eyes light up. “Oh, you could get Maximus Chungus! He’s another big guy. I’m sure he likes food too. I also think he has a thing about tiny people as well. I think me and Chungus would get along pretty well. There’s also Givussafare Rubbe, another big guy. He likes to talk a lot about getting fair rubs, so I’m sure you could make a whole show about how he expects to get his fair rub. Zach Hall is a chatty fellow. Another big guy. Not as big as us, but I’m pretty sure he eats. He could be a good choice. Whatever you do, don’t get Gimmy in here. That overrated trash compactor doesn’t have much to say unless you want to discuss recalculation the route to his next loss.” Bjørn grabs another skewer and tears into it. “Oh, you’re asking me what to eat? You already know the answer, Trae. You gotta go with tacos. Just get a taco truck to follow you around and you can do these things anywhere. Tacos are both mobile and delicious. Impossible to beat. But aside from tacos, Bjørn is a fan of the hearty stuff. Steaks, pork chops, even chicken. I’m sure you can incorporate bacon on all of those as well! Delicious, filling, and always a crowd pleasure. You can never go wrong with meat.”

Trae furiously takes notes as Bjørn talks on the back of his index card, muttering to himself. “Taco truck… be tough to fit in here… we’ll make it work…” He thinks for a moment as he chews on another bacon wrapped scallop.

“I think we agree that Gimmy didn’t do a great job for the prospect bowl. So how will you react after the draft if your actual team’s quarterback doesn’t perform that well? Are you gonna keep quiet and back him up or are you gonna be up front about the issues you see happenin’ on the other side of the ball?” Trae lowers his index card to his lap and folds his arms.

“I’m going to be honest with you, Trae. I haven’t had any problems with anyone the way I’ve had problems with Gimmy. You know, most guys you go out there and you know what to expect. You can talk to them, you can communicate. You can air your grievances in the locker room if need be. That’s where that kind of stuff should be kept. Behind closed doors. No one likes dirty laundry aired out for the whole world to see. But that is where Gimmy fails. You see, it isn’t just his deficiencies on the field that has led to discord. It’s his deficiencies as a leader on the team. He hears all this praise and he just expects results to fall into his lap. He thinks he’s better than everyone on the team. Talk to us? Gimmy doesn’t talk. You walk up to him and ask a question. Something like, “Yo, Gimmy. That was a tough loss. Want to go out and get some food?”. And the dude is like, “There are 42 matches for the word search ‘food’ in your area. Would you like directions?”. And then you can be like, “Yo, sure man. Let’s get some tacos.”. And he’ll just be like, “Tacos cannot be found. Recalculating. Recalculating. Recalculating.”. And he’ll just get a thousand yard stare and zone off like that. It’s kind of creepy. But it gets so much worse on the field. “Calculating quickest route to endzone. Endzone not found. Error. Recalculating.” It gets real frustrating, you know? But no way, Trae. Normally Bjørn just focuses on his play and what he has to do to get better. He has to get to the tiny man. But this isn’t just me, you know? The whole team is having problems with Gimmy and if he isn’t careful, he’ll end up as spare parts.”

Trae stares at Bjørn for a moment looking perplexed. “That’s uh, that’s pretty weird I guess. I’ve never talked to him but he sounds like he’s an android? Or something? Do they make those yet? I seen them in TV shows. He sounds like my phone actually.” Trae pulls out his phone and speaks to it.

“OK Google, want to get some food?”

The phone stays silent for a second, then says in a stilted robotic feminine voice “I’d love to try ice cream, but I’m worried my system would freeze.” Trae nods at the phone and says “I think Gimmy might be a phone, with a human body, it sounds like.”

“So let’s move on, let’s say that you’re a coach in ten years, or a GM. The defense game has evolved over the past decade or so, how do you think it’ll evolve to keep up with the changing offense? People like to think that defense is catching up to offense, but I feel like offense is more changing to keep up with defense - the much more common receiving backs, for example, is an effort to create mismatches where the defense has gotten ahead of them. What would your defense plan look like?”

“Oh, I absolutely believe that Gimmy is not human. I referred to him as a reanimated Frankenstein and I stand by that judgement.” Bjørn nods solemnly. “As I said, creepy.”

“Man, it’s hard to even think about being a coach or GM. It’s not something that I’ve really considered in the past. I’m usually more of an action guy, not a thinking guy. It’s a lot more fun to just dive in head first without having to think. That said, I don’t believe that there will ever be a perfect defense. I believe there is too much creativity and flux in the sport now. It’s constantly changing and evolving in an ever ending cycle. I mean at one time the sport had it figured out. For like 40 years it was all about the big guys. The trenches. Running the ball was the name of the game on offense, stopping that run was the name of the game on defense. Both sides stacked as many big guys as possible and it was all about who could push the other further across the line of scrimmage. Those were the glory days, Trae. You know how I feel about big men and the trenches. There was something special about that.”

Bjørn takes a deep breath then continues. “Then in the early 2000s that all changed. Peyton Manning entered the NFL and coaches saw a chance to do something that had never been done before. They opened up the field. Using the precision and intelligence of Peyton Manning and speedy skill position guys, the Colts brought the spread offense to the sport in a big way. They quickly began dominating defenses, racking up points like had never been done before in the history of the sport. Why you might ask? Because the defenses had been built to stop the run. You didn’t see too many truly elite defensive backs. A lot of defenses leaned for towards something that resembled the 4-6 Bear defense. They were big, but slow and they had a hard time adjusting to that style of offense. As a result, defenses started getting smaller. They started to run a lot more 3-4 with smaller linebackers to help in coverage. Then that got exposed when the Patriots moved to their two tight end sets later in the 2000s. You want to cover with linebackers? We’re going to put someone so big and so athletic back there that it creates a mismatch nightmare. Then that’s when nickel packages began to explode. You had five defensive backs out there every other play. With such light defenses on the field late in the 2010s, some of the more proactive teams got heavy on the offense and started running the ball again. To survive in the sport, you have to be able to adapt to anything that comes at you. That's why I think any team that I was over, depth would be the name of the game. You need strong guys, you need quick guys. You need to be able to evolve to match what is on the field regardless of what the new wrinkle is that they come up with. At the end of the day though, I’d love for an evolution of the sport to come along where we just have 22 big guys out there clashing every play. I think that is my ideal version of the sport and I hope I get to see it one day.”

“I think they changed because they were afraid of guys like us.” Trae laughs and finishes his last bacon wrapped scallop in a single bite. “So now they run away from us instead of trying to run through us. Smart. But now smaller, fast guys are getting the sacks when we do the work to open the holes for them, which is good but makes it harder for us to make the numbers guys like us used to.”

“Haha. you’re probably right, there Trae. We can be an intimidating presence and you can only stack so much beef to try and get us out of the way! We need to turn it on its head and make those small guys do all the work.” Bjørn lets off a hearty chuckle and pauses for Trae’s next question.

Trae nods and continues. “What do you think about the new DSFL GMs, Saba Donut taking the Pythons, Sory on the Solar Bears, and Nylar for the Admirals. This is pretty late in the off-season for such a large shift - although two of them are reactivated expansion teams - do you think this will considerably change the draft expectations prior to their hiring or do you think they’ll listen to the existing staff and maintain course?”

“Let’s start with what I think about these guys. Saba? Great guy. Friendly, helpful, is always looking to learn. I think he’s doing everything he can to be prepared for the events of this week and I think he’s trying to surround himself with a solid staff. I can’t honestly say I’ve really heard much from Sory, though. The guy is like a shadow behind the scenes, watching and lurking and waiting for his chance to strike. Then again, he may just be buried under his own preparation! As for Sandwich Admiral Nylar, we don’t speak of him. He still hasn’t made things right. He’s got a lot of reparations to do before Bjørn Ironside is willing to go into any subject involving his taco insulting ways. That said, you’re right. These guys have all been thrown into the fire. Only a few days from the draft and now they’re expected to step into some pretty big shoes. I’m sure they’re all doing their due diligence, but there is only so much time to work out the kinks. I think they will have to listen to the guys who have already been there and work with their advice. This close to game time, there is no real way to do it all on your own. That said, with two expansion teams being added to the mix, I think it changes the entire landscape of the draft and what we thought was going to happen going in. These guys are going to have different needs and priorities than the already established teams and I think it’ll be interesting to see what they think are the necessities to compete in the DSFL.” Bjørn grabs another of the skewers, now building a small graveyard in front of him where once proud skewers sat.

“You think you’d pull a John Elway if Nylar decided to draft you? Maybe go play some baseball for a year? It sounds like you ain’t a fan of his, and I’ve seen drafts like that before where they’ll take somebody on pure talent ignoring interpersonal issues. I personally think that the expansion teams will go for the skill positions, as everybody seems to think that the quarterback carries the entire team on their backs… which is why we put them on their backs constantly. But that’ll probably keep you safe from Nylar drafting you in the first round.” Trae laughs. “It’ll be interesting to see.”

“I don’t think I would have to. Nylar know what he did and I am sure the shame of it is overwhelming at the moment. He’ll recover. If he and his staff decide to draft me, I’m sure he’ll make it right. I’ve already stated my terms and he wouldn’t be able to afford not to pay them. Bjørn Ironside is an elite athlete. You don’t let that slide by due to your own pride. He knows my address, he knows where to send the tacos.” Bjørn takes a confident chomp out of one of the scallops. “You better bet I’ll get those tacos.”

Trae nods. “Well next time I have you here I’ll be sure to have tacos. A big ol’ spread, all the different toppings and meats you listed, with a wide array of hot sauces. You know Texas Pete is actually from North Carolina? It’s a Louisiana-styled hot sauce, founded and made in North Carolina, but it’s got Texas on the name for some reason. Makes no sense but it ain’t half bad.”

Bjørn breaks out into a stupid grin at the mention of hot sauce. “I know how you feel, Trae. You can never have enough hot sauces. I’m a bit of a collector of myself. Some people have spice cabinets. Me? I have an entire sauce cabinet. Everything from mild to the spiciest that society will allow. There is always room for more hot sauce.”

“So you got anything you’ve been meaning to ask me? I’ve been makin’ you do all the work here, come up with the answers, while I’m just throwing out questions from my index card,” Trae tosses the index card into the grill which flares up briefly, “but they’re all gone.”

The massive man’s frame adjusts as Bjørn rubs his hands together slowly. “Alright now. I don’t need no index cards for this. Tell me, Trae. Which DSFL team stands out to you the most? If you weren’t getting drafted and you had your pick of the litter, who would you be most interested in joining?”

Trae chews on one of his empty skewers, thinking for a moment before answering. “That is a really tough question, you know? Like I’d be thrilled to play for any of the teams, but if I had to choose I’m not sure I’d pick one of the teams that have been carrying the wins lately. Look at the Coyotes - an 8 and 6 record but with the second lowest sacks in the DSFL. They’re winning, look at that, they’ve got a winning record with a weak defense. I wanna join a team where I can make an impact, where I can help build the framework. They had a great offense, but they need help on defense. I wanna be that help, I wanna make that impact for them. I’d never turn down wins but you know, I don’t think I want to just be carried there. I got room on my back.”

“Huh. I like that. The Coyotes were one of the teams I’ve been eyeing as well. They need help along the line. Not to mention that color scheme. I could rock out in a purple and gold jersey. One of the best schemes out there. Tell me a bit about Trae Bacon. What got you to this point? Of all the things you could have done, why football? And now that it is football you’ve chosen, what makes you think you really stand out amongst the crowd?”

“I didn’t choose football, football chose me. You know, I was a real fat little kid. I mean I wasn’t little, I was taller than the other kids too, but my dad pushed me into sports to help me lose weight I think, at first… but man football grabbed me and it just never let go. I love it. It’s like, you know, meditation? It’s like meditation for me but without being bored. When I’m on the field there’s nothin’ on my mind except football. Every other problem is just gone, it’s nonexistent. There’s just me, the field, the guy with the ball, and the people that need to get the hell out of my way so I can get the guy with the ball. It’s peaceful.”

Trae thinks for another moment before continuing. “Why do I stand out amongst the crowd? I mean just look at my college tapes, for one. I’m a smart player. I’m fast and I’m strong. I know how to scare a quarterback. These are all good things to have, and a lot of us have these attributes, but man I am a hard worker. I train hard, I don’t stop. Football is my life, and I’m in there every day liftin’ or running and working on whatever part of the game I need to. I study game tape. I study quarterbacks. I study offensive linemen. I accept that I’m gonna be makin’ room early on in my career for others to shine, like De La Agua in the Prospect Bowl, and if I’m helping my team win that’s all that matters. My numbers will come as I develop, but to start with I’m just ready to help whoever drafts me win.”

“I like that sort of positivity for sure. Always looking out for the team and the win as much as your own personal glory. I’ve always been big on winning and whatever I can do to help that happen, that’s what you have to go with. Who cares about stats if you have trophies, right?” Bjørn pauses long enough to grab another skewer. “You have talent. I wouldn’t consider you one of my top rivals going in if I didn’t. You could have played anywhere. Why are you coming into the NSFL? What is it that you want to achieve in this league?”

“Man I don’t think there’s any option *but* this league for me. It’s the place to be, look at all the stars this league has generated. It’s tough. There are a lot of challenges. You don’t make it here, at least not long, unless you’re one of the best. That’s why I’m here - I am one of the best. I mean I got a lot of learning to do, I got a lot of development to do, but I’m one of the best for where I am right now, and I promise you in three or four seasons you and I are gonna be competing for GOAT.” Trae laughs. “That’s why I wanted to have you on here as my very first guest, you know, I think that in the years to come, people are gonna pull this old discussion up, and they’re gonna see where we came from and how we got to where we’re gonna be. We are makin’ history today, you and me. And imagine if we are competin’ for GOAT, and our rookie contracts are up, and somebody’s willing to put down the money needed to get both of us on the same team?”

“Oh man, I can hope so. If we both managed to team together, we’d make a wicked duo to try to stop. Until then, I don’t see us playing together. So we will indeed have to call it a competition.” Bjørn looks down at where the skewers once were and grumbles. They were out. “Well, it seems your not tacos have finally run out! I guess I only have one other question for you. How do you see this DSFL draft shaking out? How many defensive linemen do you think go in the first round? When do you think our first victim, I mean quarterback, will be drafted? Do you think the first few rounds will be most offense or defense? Get a little crazy man, I know you have some theories, so lets hear them.”

“Man I’m pretty sure a few skill positions are gonna go in the top few, especially like I’ve said for the expansion teams. The QB in particular represents the center of the offence, and that’s the sexy part of the team to build. So I’m gonna say that with the two expansion teams, the defensive line prospects are probably gonna drop slightly lower - I wouldn’t be surprised though to see 2 or 3 go in the first round. Hopefully both of us…” Trae laughs. “I mean that should be a no brainer, right? At the worst I can see probably 5+ defensive linemen going in the first two rounds. As for which quarterback is going to go first… I’d have to guess Jay Cue. Prospect Bowl doesn’t mean a lot when it comes down to it, I think, because we’re just running default plays with players that we haven’t meshed with. I think he’s putting in the work to be a franchise QB. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go to one of the expansion teams, if they decide to draft a QB in the first, so I look forward to hitting him.” Trae laughs again, and awkwardly stands up, lifting the leather chair up with him for a second before he pushes down on the arms and forces it to the ground with a loud thud.

“It has been a real pleasure, and I look forward to having you back on… next time we’ll do tacos and discuss the results of our first season in the DSFL.” Trae and Bjørn shake hands firmly, and they both bump into the grill, knocking it over. Charcoal, sparks and little bits of flame sprawling across the floor.

“Oh, shit. Cut, cut!” Trae moves quickly off screen and the camera moves abruptly and then goes black.