International Simulation Football League
*After Dark - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *After Dark (/showthread.php?tid=15029)

*After Dark - Murtsi - 08-17-2019

Beep. Beep. Beep. The alarm kept ringing but no one cared to turn it down. Finally after what seemed like days instead of seconds, an eternity in some eyes, a hand moved from the other side of the bed to turn off the alarm. As everyone else had slowly dozed off to sleep to enjoy the night to come and what delights it had in store, one hero had to do put it all to one side and wake up.

I don't know where I got the name, some say it grew on me, others say I put it on myself, but the only thing I know for certain is that the Finnish Flash is here when no one needs him at all. I poured myself a cup of coffee, started up the computer and do what I do every morning, start reading up on what in the actual hell happened last night over on discord. Some call it a gift, others a curse myself, I don’t really know what to call it, but reading up on everything that has happened in one sitting while not being able to participate in the conversation is something totally out of this world. The best part is that sometimes you feel like you have the hang of it and seem to understand the conversation and where it's heading but then you just get thrown a damn curve ball out of left field, like who does that!?

Settling into my chair I would hope it would be an easy start, but when are your hopes and dreams ever really answered? Today was not that type of day with the first piece of action being media numbers kicking out the leader of the sandwich gate, the mane everyone loves to hate, SCORP! Many wondered why it had to happen, but the reason was pretty simple. He had outlawed memes, and really could anyone participate in a league where memes are just dreams? I think not

[Image: FxxfQfU.png]

[Image: TIBW8Ca.png]

Shortly after everyone paid respects to the man, he was shamelessly quickly reinstated and everyone hoped the best for him in his OL recreation that would take him the next eternity (and more if should say)

Next on the menu, was the waffle. The Belgian beauty that goes well with nutella, jam, whipped cream, anything really if you think about it. Although it wasn’t your usual waffle we were talking about here, but to hear more on this you will have to read Bjorn’s end of season article on the matter. The next conversation was brought on by the news that our lord and savior Josh Gordn had been reinstated and obviously we were joyed to have a Brady vs Manning conversation, is Kirk Cousins a top 10 QB and why everyone can’t officially like the black QB named Cam Newton. As these conversations were really too long for anyone to read, which is why I wonder if it's the coffee or hangover which is keeping me reading these I will bring you all the juiciest bits of information which are totally not taken out of context, because who would ever do something like that

[Image: Qf000er.png]

[Image: 1F1o1oX.png]

[Image: 6BEfrXJ.png]

[Image: a1C3YZs.png]

After a long and unimportant conversation about Gronk and the number 69 through which I was almost falling asleep and giving up, the legend that was for a moment the head of the DSFL PA, Thud Kassel showed up! And we know that where Thud goes, drama follows! The following are great takes from the man where he ended up accusing the league of fascism

[Image: FLVHWtI.png]

[Image: WBcJE93.png]

[Image: 3idEJac.png]

[Image: dYppWj2.png]

After Head Office had come after Thud, he softened his tone and the rest of the night went into soft spoken conversations about who takes tea with their sugar, is Canada really France in disguise and what is the best hoodie season. At this point I felt that calm had come upon the Rookie Discord and all was well. That was when I felt fine slowly closing the Discord window, finishing the last sip of my 5th coffee cup and feeling safe that the European Overlods could slowly start taking their place on the server.

Come back again tomorrow, or next week and maybe we might have another recap of an eventful Discord Night!

*After Dark - Dylandeluxe - 08-17-2019

Apparently I used the word Fascist upwards of 30+ times.
Some say that's too much. Whats the point Thudd?

I say there is never a wrong time to call out the Fascist GM Regime. That's what I say.

*After Dark - IsaStarcrossed - 08-17-2019

I mean, yeah. This is basically Rookie Discord every night. I think the GMs see this class as a mistake.

*After Dark - .Laser - 08-17-2019

(08-17-2019, 08:05 AM)IsaStarcrossed Wrote:I mean, yeah. This is basically Rookie Discord every night. I think the GMs see this class as a mistake.
I'm curious to see how many memes and how much bullshit they're willing to put up with in order to get 20ish very active members

*After Dark - IsaStarcrossed - 08-17-2019

(08-17-2019, 07:16 AM)VRTX L4S3R Wrote:I'm curious to see how many memes and how much bullshit they're willing to put up with in order to get 20ish very active members

In before we get banished to our own corner of the official discord. "S18 Players. Don't ever go there. Tis a silly place."

*After Dark - Hallmonitor_20 - 08-17-2019

This was a beautiful write up. Its so great to look at the convos the next day and seeing that Thudd was still correct.