International Simulation Football League
*In the Sauna with Sam Jam #2 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *In the Sauna with Sam Jam #2 (/showthread.php?tid=15089)

*In the Sauna with Sam Jam #2 - BaconBrother - 08-20-2019

The camera pans over the large living room, where the TV is still blasting in the background, but everything else is silent. Across the floor there are a slew of bodies of tired party goers who have given it their all and have laid down for a well-deserved rest. In the midst of them there are empty beer bottles, vodka bottles, really any type of alcohol you can think of in addition to the pizza boxes and other leftover food. It seems to contrast everything that was happening only a few hours ago when the party was still going at full tilt and you were left wondering where it would all end. Now you must be wondering where we are and what is happening, and to get a better understanding of that we need to move further in the house. Crossing past the living room and through one of the spare bedrooms, we find a single light shining from somewhere in an otherwise dark home. Inching closer towards the light we see that its coming from the bathroom and more specifically, the sauna, which can only mean that this is the draft party of Maurice Virtanen.

Looking through the small window we can see that Maurice is joined in the sauna by none other than our own Sam Jam, so let us have a listen in on their conversation.

Maurice: Man, you really never do stop do you, still going at it, you going to try and be the last one standing?

Sam Jam: You bet! Still have to thank you for being able to come to your draft party and share this awesome night with you

Maurice: Well for that you have to thank my mom who you asked because she was always taught growing up that the more the merrier and is always letting everyone in and I guess in a strange way you are starting to grow on me

Sam Jam: Aww now you are just making me blush! So now that the night is almost over and it is just us two sitting in the sauna, what are your feelings on all of what happened tonight?

Maurice: Oh man, where to start? Really just an absolutely amazing night in every sense of the word. To be able to share it with my parents, close friends from different phases of my life and even my high school coach! I don’t think I will ever forget this night, it really means that much to me and to top it off going 4th overall, like seriously WHAT THE F*CK

Sam Jam: I know, congratulations! Any way to describe your feelings on the pick, I remember you really weren’t ready for it when they called your name out?

Maurice: Not at all, I was seeing myself going maybe somewhere at the back of the second or in the middle of the third round with what scouting had been done or at least what I had heard of. So, I was just filling up my drink and then heard my name on the TV and thought it was some mistake, but then everyone else started shouting and congratulating and really the noise level just went up through the roof. I don’t think it has fully sunk in, being the fourth overall pick, not fully yet for sure

Sam Jam: You ended up being picked by the Kansas City Coyotes, how do you feel about that?

Maurice: I have to give a big thank you to the whole organization, the GM’s, scouting, everyone for believing and taking me with their first pick, I think they really put some trust in me and I have to repay it back to them. It is going to be a big season!

FEAR THE HOWL!
KCC KCC

Sam Jam: So, what are your expectations for next season, or is it too soon to think about that?

Maurice: Well obviously we going for the Ultimini, why aim lower? Coyotes really focused on the defensive side of the ball with their first picks, for example taking my friend Net Gaines with the 10th pick to play alongside me, and you know what they say, offense wins games, defense wins Ultiminis!

Sam Jam: I like the ambition and attitude I hear coming out from you, what you think about the 1st overall pick in the draft?

Maurice: Bjørn Ironside, the man, the myth, the legend. Was there really any doubt about this? I felt like I would have put my mortgage on that if I had one. Clear as day this pick, with his size and stature and how he has been putting himself out in the community and training, it would have been foolish taking anyone else in that spot.

Sam Jam: Let us see what the league and the colorful analysis team thinks of it, but any other thoughts on the draft now that it is all over any surprises?

Maurice: Well apart from the surprise that is myself being picked so early I was surprised that Trae Bacon fell to pick number 8 and Baxter Frost going all the way at pick number 50. Firstly, Trae has really been putting in the effort from what I am seeing and I’m pretty sure some teams will regret not taking him when he was there. On the other side we have Baxter, have you seen the leg on that kid? When I heard rumors about it, I just thought it was some joke among the guys, but it really is something that I’m almost scared about. He could probably put it in from the parking lot if he really wanted to.

Sam Jam: So, what is next on the schedule?

Maurice: Pretty simple really, rest up and shake tonight out of my systems and get back to training. Then I’m looking forward to meeting all my new teammates and checking out the locker room. You want to turn the sauna off? Think it is time we both headed for bed.

With that Maurice opened the door to the sauna and headed off to bed, let’s see what next season has in store for the Finnish Phenom

*In the Sauna with Sam Jam #2 - Rublic - 08-20-2019

KCC KCC KCC Fear the Howl!!! KCC KCC KCC