International Simulation Football League
*Luchadores reportedly work out deal with Thudd. - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Luchadores reportedly work out deal with Thudd. (/showthread.php?tid=15100)

*Luchadores reportedly work out deal with Thudd. - Dylandeluxe - 08-20-2019

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Thudd Kassel set to report to camp[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]TIJ [/div]
The DSFL draft has concluded on what is shaking up to be an explosive class that will bring a much needed talent boost to the league. And it is not too early to declare Tijuana the runaway winners of this draft. But their draft was not without controversy. With the 12th pick of the draft Tijuana selected Linebacker Thudd Kassel of Red Valley State. Kassel leading up to the draft sat down with me and announced if he wasn't drafted with fellow Mongoose teammate Zach Hall he would hold out.
Hall came off the board two picks later to the Palm Beach Solar Bears, and Thudd officially announced his holdout live to the draft media present at the event. After it became apparent that the Luchadore's were not going to make a trade for Youtube sensation Zach Hall, Thudd left the draft party and was not heard from the rest of the night. But reports this morning say that Luchadore GM's and Thudd Kassel have come to an agreement and he will be reporting to camp on time without a hold out.

We had a chance to catch up with Jimmy Dugan (@TomHanks) and @ScorpXCracker to discuss enigma, Thudd Kassel.

Quote:SS: After your selection of Thudd Kassel on Thursday presumably, was there any concern about the pick? Surely Thudd's antics and anti-gm stance heading up to draft day had to be worrisome.

JD:I know some GMs may be wary, but ol’ Jimmy ain’t an ordinary GM. He had some red flags and so called “character concerns”, what with him calling for a revolution 190 times a day, but that’s just the kind of guy we were looking for. He can rally an entire draft class around a cause, he can sure as hell rally a locker room and, on the field, our defence. We picked him to be our mean mother fucker in the middle of the field, and I don’t anticipate many running backs making it past Thudd.

SC:Nah, for the most part I knew it was all a joke, and I didn't think Thudd would hold out. Maybe there was a little concern, but I drafted him to play football, and that's what he'll do.

SS: So we are hearing now that The Texas Law Hawk is reporting to camp with a deal signed and ready to play. What did you and your Co-GM do to get him to agree not to hold out? Is there a trade for Zach Hall in the works?

JD: *chuckles* No there is not a trade in the works for Zach Hall. Tight end isn't exactly a need for us at the moment and Palm Beach is ecstatic with their new player from my understanding.  Well @ScorpXCracker and I had a sit down with Thudd where we all came to an understanding. Ultimately we all want the same thing which is to win games and win lots of them. In our scouting we knew Thudd was a very passionate team oriented guy who views his team and classmates as one big family. Once he got a look at our family first attitude here at Tijuana I think he quickly realized he would be a good fit here. It's hard to come across a natural leader like Thudd, just look at what the rest of the S18 class thinks of him.  I think he realized he had an opportunity to be a team leader here and compete for a championship.
It got off to a rocky start but it's going to be a happy marraige *winks* And just to make it up to Thudd for not being able to play with his best friend Zach, we got our PR team already working with him to release his first sponsored merchandise. Be on the look out for the "Thuddy Wuddy" teddy bear. On sale in Build-a-bears nation wide come 8/25/19.

Also just to correct you Stacy, I think Thudd is going by The Tijuana Law Hawk these days.

*Luchadores reportedly work out deal with Thudd. - TomHanks - 08-20-2019

Thrilled we got you on board! Gonna have a mean defense this year!!

TIJ TIJ TIJ

*Luchadores reportedly work out deal with Thudd. - Hallmonitor_20 - 08-20-2019

Thudd and I will play together in the NSFL. The Texas Law Hawk and Carolina Condor will be reunited one day!

*Luchadores reportedly work out deal with Thudd. - TomHanks - 08-20-2019

(08-20-2019, 06:49 PM)Hallmonitor_20 Wrote:Thudd and I will play together in the NSFL. The Texas Law Hawk and Carolina Condor will be reunited one day!

*Tijuana Law Hank

*Luchadores reportedly work out deal with Thudd. - Hallmonitor_20 - 08-20-2019

(08-20-2019, 06:15 PM)TomHanks Wrote:*Tijuana Law Hank

**Tijuana Ley Halcón