International Simulation Football League
Offseason involvement - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: Offseason involvement (/showthread.php?tid=15166)

Offseason involvement - KillaScrilla - 08-24-2019

There seems to be a lot of downtime in the offseason that kinda drags and gets boring. This is a great league but at times I had trouble remembering to do something like a ac check or whatever. I’ve joined other leagues just to pass time and then get caught up in them. Something should be done to keep players active. We have the rookie showcase or whatever for DSFL draft but that keeps them involved and not much of anyone else.
I don’t know how hard it would be but how about a rookie vs. sophomore game or like each teams 1st string vs 2nd string? Kinda like a spring game/training camp game. The winning team receives a little money or something like that. Idk I’m just throwing something out there to keep interest up. I know the #1 reason I leave a league is because it gets boring and I move on to another game or league. The league seems to be thriving now so I wanna keep people interested in it. Heck even on a team level do challenges and stuff in the LR. Idk what do y’all think?

Offseason involvement - infinitempg - 08-24-2019

I know in the past we've tried college conference alumni teams and other ideas but they all flamed out after there was little interest or it became too time consuming to be worth the time. But I agree, we should try to come up with something to keep people interested in the offseason.

Offseason involvement - 37thchamber - 08-24-2019

Working on something for this.

Problem is that most things that people come up with take too much work, at a time when we really need people working on more important things tbh, but I have a couple ideas. Not sure when they'll be ready, but they're in the works.

Offseason involvement - KillaScrilla - 08-24-2019

That’s what I figured. I know what I threw out there would probably take some time to set up and stuff. I just threw them out there as something fun.

Offseason involvement - Bigred1580 - 08-24-2019

On extra long off-seasons we have added bonus PTs, but this offseason is actually a fairly short one.

Offseason involvement - caltroit_red_flames - 08-24-2019

(08-24-2019, 04:38 PM)Bigred1580 Wrote:On extra long off-seasons we have added bonus PTs, but this offseason is actually a fairly short one.

That's the troubling thing. This is a short offseason and it feels like it's basically been as long as the SHL's regular season. I can't imagine being on a team that didn't even make the playoffs, that's an extra week of offseason.

Offseason involvement - Rublic - 08-24-2019

This has been my biggest issue... I signed up at the beginning of august and other than the small game time I saw in the prospect bowl there is very little at the moment to keep me invested. I truly believe the league should be most invested in efficientcy during the offseason... I can live with longer wait times during the season cause at least I have games I can look back on... this has been brutal waiting... I also understand it takes longer with expansion but still...

Offseason involvement - ADwyer87 - 08-25-2019

(08-24-2019, 07:45 PM)caltroit_red_flames Wrote:That's the troubling thing. This is a short offseason and it feels like it's basically been as long as the SHL's regular season. I can't imagine being on a team that didn't even make the playoffs, that's an extra week of offseason.
i mean, maybe im looking up things wrong, but isnt our offseason and SHL's offseason basically the same? looks like to me last SHL offseason was July 25-August 8th, so 14 days. Our last one was August 8th-August 25th, so 17 days. seems pretty comparable. And missing the playoffs can be annoying, but i know our playoffs are only a week, i believe SHL playoffs is about two? seems like overall its pretty comparable.

SBA has a pretty nice system, 1 week playoffs and i believe 1 week offseason, but they also have less to do with how their draft works and their regression being automatic

Offseason involvement - caltroit_red_flames - 08-25-2019

(08-25-2019, 07:52 AM)ADwyer87 Wrote:i mean, maybe im looking up things wrong, but isnt our offseason and SHL's offseason basically the same? looks like to me last SHL offseason was July 25-August 8th, so 14 days. Our last one was August 8th-August 25th, so 17 days. seems pretty comparable. And missing the playoffs can be annoying, but i know our playoffs are only a week, i believe SHL playoffs is about two? seems like overall its pretty comparable.

SBA has a pretty nice system, 1 week playoffs and i believe 1 week offseason, but they also have less to do with how their draft works and their regression being automatic

SHL has IIHF and WJC during the offseason