International Simulation Football League
Jackson Harris Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Jackson Harris Presser (/showthread.php?tid=153)

Pages: 1 2

Jackson Harris Presser - Official DT - 05-19-2017

Will now be taking questions regarding Florida State cornerback prospect Jackson Harris.

Quote:What teams are you interested in? I just want to play for whoever wants to have a lockdown corner on their team. I don't necessarily have any specific team that I would like to play for but there are a couple GM's that I am familiar with. Those GM's know who they are and I won't list because I would like to keep that as classified as possible. I would like a preference in the south due to the nice weather but this is not a knock on playing for a team in the north because let's face it, who doesn't love playing in snow? I mean it's great for your kids growing up to be able to make snowmen and enjoy some nice snowball fights.

What changes to your game do you think you'll have to make to adjust from the collegiate level to the NSFL? I guess my main focus would have to be my catching ability. I wasn't really known for grabbing a lot of interceptions in college but that will change. I was mainly known for just shutting opposing receivers down and putting up nice deflection numbers. That is going to be the main focus when moving to the pro level as it could give me an edge when playing against all these other pro quarterbacks.

What scheme of defense would you like to be in? To be honest I would love playing in either a Tampa 2 defensive scheme or a nice 3-4. I am not really nit-picky if a GM chooses a different style. Of course it's all going to be whatever the GM's see that will be able to stop whatever is going to allow opposing teams to not score. I am just looking to show out for my GM and make them not regret picking me.

What are your personal goals in this league? I just want to be the best corner the league has to offer. I want to go out there nightly and give it my all. I love this game and I am very devoted to the team who I play for. This game means everything to me and I want to be able to play it for as long as I can. I want to be the one holding the records and I want to be one of the most feared defenders on my team. I want quarterbacks to have to throw in the other direction because they know that I won't allow their receiver to get any yards or scores.

Quote:Deion Sanders. Antonio Cromartie. Ronald Darby. Xavier Rhodes. Jalen Ramsey. Florida State has had its fair share of extremely successful cornerbacks come out of its ranks. What is it about being a Seminole that leads to such success at the position? I mean at Florida State we have been known as DB U. Basically We put out some of the top tier talent at the cornerback and safety positions. We always strive for success and we are always the first ones in the weight room and film room and we are always the last ones to leave as well. We also all keep in touch and run over plays that have been done before.

Alex Hayden out of Texas is another top cornerback prospect in this draft. How does he stack up against you in your opinion? I'm sorry who? I can't say that I have ever heard of him. Point being that I am going to be the best cornerback coming out that will be entering the draft. I come in with a huge chip on my shoulder as all of the things that have happened in life to get me here. I grew up as a poor kid who never had money for new things. We had to utilize the local Salvation Army for many things and luckily they had all the things needed for me to play football growing up. I want to give back to my community and that Salvation Army when I get my first pay day. To me it's not about the money or the fame. I want to give back to the city who made me who I am today.

Your Florida State teammate, Quarterback Jameis Christ is entering the NSFL draft as well and has his fair share of off the field issues that may hurt his draft stock. As someone who played with him at FSU what can you tell us about him? Man that guy balls out. He literally has been in the weight room just as much as I have been if not more. That guy wants to show that he can play with the best and he is very talented. I have seen and played against many countless talented quarterbacks, but none like him. I fully support him and if he gets drafted to a different team than mine, let's just say that I will finally get my chance to show him up. It will all be in friendly competition, but he won't get the better of me that's for sure.

How does it feel knowing that youre going to get torched in the NSFL by Josh Garden?
I mean I have actually heard of this Josh Garden character, but he doesn't intimidate me in the slightest. I have seen his game film and granted he is talented, but he won't be able to handle me. He will be shut down every chance I get to play against him. I will make his quarterback regret throwing it in my general vicinity if he is on my side. I mean let's face it, Garden is a solid #2 wide receiver but that is even giving him too much credit. Come game time, it will be me who gets the last laugh in this matchup.

Quote:Do you have a pregame meal you like best? I tend to eat on the healthy side right before a game. So I will have some pasta with maybe some salad. A nice mixture of some carbs to go with a nice salad is always the right way to go. I make the pasta from a recipe that my mother had gotten passed down through the family. I use the family recipe and sometimes cook for my teammates. The salad is usually just a regular one and I top it off with some fat free blue cheese.

Who do you model or game after? If I had to pick an NFL player, it would be Jalen Ramsey. The guy is still coming into his own but I have a feeling he will be an elite level talent soon enough. His skill set is something that can push him over the edge with the right coaching staff. I watched him play at Florida State and he was just sensational to watch. Now that he plays in the NFL, it's a nice change of pace to see him face those elite level quarterbacks.

Which team did you grow up admiring? I grew up admiring the Oakland Raiders. They weren't exactly the best team in the league but they did win a super bowl. I was a huge fan of Nnamdi Asomugha and Charles Woodson. It was just something about their game that always intrigued me. Nnamdi was on the taller side but he would tend to shut down opposing receivers with ease. Charles on the other hand was incredible. He would be all over the field at once and the plays he made actually excited you. I mean there were times I would get up and get hyped up over something he did. It was the way of those two guys game that I wanted to model my career after. I want a nice long and successful one like they had.

Quote:Jackson, big fan 1st time caller..

1. How much blitzing do you think they will allow you to do in the NSFL? I hope not a lot. In regards to myself, I'd rather play where I am needed. I am a coverage guy and I don't think blitzing would help be out for that matter. As for the rest of the league, it would be nice to see everyone getting involved every game. I hate when people get left out and it kind of saddens me to see it. So I hope that with the DE's and DT's and LB's out there, they can make due. Also not forgetting any blitzing safeties either.

2. Do you feel Damion West performance in the All American Bowl was a for warning of things to come? Man someone had to step up for team 1 right? Josh Garden got shut down and had a mediocre game. Now this isn't me firing shots at him but I love the performance that I put on against him and I hope it translates well to the pro's. Josh Garden is a generational talent but I feel like Damion West could be very special himself. The kid did his thing and it was good to see someone do something positive for the team like that.

3. Are they any other WR's you are taking notes on prior to the draft?..Garden?...
maybe or perhaps......Christmas?
I am helping scout all talent out there. There won't be a single person who is overlooked. Talent is something that everyone of these players have and for those who will become elite, well let's say that it all depends on who is around them. Some people can thrive in certain circumstances but others can thrive in all circumstances. We want those who can thrive in all circumstances so we are trying to figure out who fits that. We want people who want to be a part of the team and people who want to succeed as well.

Quote:Phil Johnson Unpopular Mechanics: How are you going to fill your time, What are you going to do? I am confused as to what that means. I am currently out golfing at the moment and awaiting the draft. I personally won't be in it but I hear there are some decent talent out there. Who know right now what is going on. My agent who is also the co-gm of the Otters would better know your answer to that.

Have you had a good time getting ready for the draft? Right now I am not entering the draft. I clearly would have been the consensus first overall pick but I opted to help out the Otters franchise. My agent, co-gm of the Otters, thought this was the best route for me. Guaranteed to help me get a solid plan for after playing.

Are you worried about potentially disappointing fans or other followers of football? How would I disappoint anyone? I am the best cornerback in the league and there is proof of that. Go check the All-American game and you tell me. I intend on pouring my heart out each and every game that I play. I have been doing so ever since I first played football as a kid. This game is something that I love and I lay it all on the line out there.

Are you thinking of moving somewhere warmer so as to maximize your training time? I tend to train in Texas during my off-times. It's kind of a pain in the ass with they flying but I am used to it. The team understands why I do this and at the time I am not at liberty to discuss it. It's something personal and I have already said enough.

You were over heard referencing *checks notes*
Ho!
is this some sort of Scandal we are thus far unaware of?
No scandal. This was the truth. I can not tell a lie and I will admit she was. Just going based off of her profession and her lifestyle, it has to be true. My mother always tell the truth no matter what, it will get you far in life. Well I am just being blunt here so no scandal, all truth.

Quote:Is anyone else in this draft class on your level? There are some who are elite level talent. I can't release who they are due to not giving up my GM's draft board, but some names are known while others aren't.

How would you describe your level? I am the best of the best. I mean there are some others who come close but let's face it, I am top notch. You witnessed first hand how I can play in the all-american game. When you come to my island and try to think you can take me on, I will show you no mercy and you will disappear. I can't say how others tend to play but I know how I play and as stated, it was showcased.

Is there a specific receiver in this class that you're looking forward to covering? I am looking forward to some names like Josh Garden, Damien West and Cooper Christmas. Of course there are others but those are some of the main guys. It's always fun when you get to go up against the self proclaimed best of the best. Some of them may not say it but let's be real here, they are thinking it.

Who if anyone do you think could give you trouble in man to man coverage? If anyone maybe the taller receivers. I know I can go up and jump with the best of them but sometimes they may get one one me. That one could very much so be the deciding factor but the odds of it are very slim.

Are you a fan of bump and run? I can't say that I am but I know it will probably happen. Some people tend to make it part of their game but it won't happen to me. I know how to handle those situations and manage to successfully handle it. Let's just say that many people will be taking advantage of it against others and it could be beneficial to many out there.

Quote:You talk the part. Your sigs are nice and all. What's it gona take to actually walk the walk? It will take me showing up to each game every game night. That's all that it takes really. I am certain you remember my agents previous client Jayce Justice. Well let's just say that I intend on fully doing what he should have done and more.

I think as a co-gm you're not being drafted right? Where do you think you would have gone if you did? Not what you think you deserve, but where you'd actually go? No I am not being drafted. I would deserve to be a top two round pick but if we are actually talking realistically, I would peg myself in the top 6 rounds. I don't think I would slip out of that at all. I mean my activity is there and the name my shy some away but the production will off-set that.

Are you going to be a silent shut down guy or a shit talker? On the field, there will be all silence from me. The only time you will hear the shit talking will be during press conferences. As you have probably seen in previous ones from other reporters, I have gone in on some people. So I guess the correct answer would be both.

Would you play FS if the team asked you to? Or is that a slight on you? Corner is the position that I am coming as. I will not be regulated to playing the safety spot at all. I know my talents and I will continue to do my thing from my listed position. I know that I am the best there is to offer and I will prove that each night. The game is my life and I give it my heart and soul each time I step out on that field.

What's your best accomplishment in a football sim league, you think? My best accomplishment was being player of the game as WR Julio Jones against a Shaka lead team. Of course something caused the game to be re-simmed and the honor was shared but nonetheless, we know who the real MVP was there. A very close second would have to be helping be a part of the legendary secondary dubbed "No Flight Zone." The Dover Ducks were a dynasty in the making. Shame what happened there.

Jackson Harris Presser - RavensFanFromOntario - 05-19-2017

What teams are you interested in?

What changes to your game do you think you'll have to make to adjust from the collegiate level to the NSFL?

What scheme of defense would you like to be in?

What are your personal goals in this league?

Jackson Harris Presser - Admin - 05-19-2017

:tophat:
Deion Sanders. Antonio Cromartie. Ronald Darby. Xavier Rhodes. Jalen Ramsey. Florida State has had its fair share of extremely successful cornerbacks come out of its ranks. What is it about being a Seminole that leads to such success at the position?

:cigar:
Alex Hayden out of Texas is another top cornerback prospect in this draft. How does he stack up against you in your opinion?

:towel:
Your Florida State teammate, Quarterback Jameis Christ is entering the NSFL draft as well and has his fair share of off the field issues that may hurt his draft stock. As someone who played with him at FSU what can you tell us about him?

:old:
How does it feel knowing that youre going to get torched in the NSFL by Josh Garden? Big Grin

Answered, looking for more.

Jackson Harris Presser - Perkules - 05-19-2017

Noles baby!

(05-19-2017, 08:37 PM)Perkules Wrote:Noles baby!

[Image: fsu-football-fans.jpg]

Jackson Harris Presser - Kendrick - 05-22-2017

do you have a pregame meal you like best?

who do you model or game after?

which team did you grow up admiring?

Jackson Harris Presser - Official DT - 05-22-2017

Done and ready to be paid!!!

Jackson Harris Presser - Official DT - 05-25-2017

Re-opened this for more questions for anyone who is looking to make money.

Jackson Harris Presser - Ghostspeed - 05-25-2017

Jackson, big fan 1st time caller..

1. How much blitzing do you think they will allow you to do in the NSFL?

2. Do you feel Damion West performance in the All American Bowl was a for warning of things to come?

3. Are they any other WR's you are taking notes on prior to the draft?..Garden?...
maybe or perhaps......Christmas?

:cheers: