International Simulation Football League
Players Union - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Players Union (/showthread.php?tid=15317)

Pages: 1 2

Players Union - ValorX77 - 09-01-2019

This group should be able to agree on certain accounts:

1. Standardized Contracts

2. A Stricter Salary Cap, to prevent dynasties.

3. A draft lottery, to discourage tanking.

4. A CBA deal, to prevent any league lockouts.

Players Union - run_CMC - 09-01-2019

Umm

Yes but not equal for all players - standardized by TPE etc
No I want to get paid
No you literally just said you wanted to prevent dynasties
Yes

Players Union - YoungTB - 09-01-2019

Ok

Players Union - LGMForever - 09-01-2019

Daniel Schneider is very anti-union.

Players Union - AdamS - 09-01-2019

Standardized contracts actually help create and maintain dynasties by not giving teams the ability to add more money or length or other options that currently exist.

Our salary cap is historically on the tight side without being constricting. And also...a tighter salary cap hurts low level teams as well because it's hard to build up. Dynasties can pick and choose what they want to skimp on within their established system.

Tanking is not only not often that valuable here but difficult to do. I've only ever seen one team that I thought was intentionally tanking in 13+ seasons I've been here.

A CBA deal would require players actually getting together, making a bunch of demands, and then somehow threatening an out one they don't actually have access to. Which is a lockout. The best thing our players currently have access to is the threat to retire or the option to not sign a new contract. That's individually. As a group I'm not even sure what would be there to do.

Players Union - run_CMC - 09-01-2019

(09-01-2019, 10:30 PM)AdamS Wrote:A CBA deal would require players actually getting together,
Might as well stop there. I was mentioning a player’s union in a discord (don’t hate me Mr. GM I’m just talkin) and Leaf immediately posted an idea for a union pretty out of line with what I envision one would be. A significant # of players getting together ain’t gonna happen lol
(Nothing against you Leaf I like you man, just I’m not that convinced a union could work now )

Players Union - Raven - 09-01-2019

Clearly all these people in power who are saying this is a bad idea are scares of a union and will say anything to prevent one.

Players Union - Rising Equinox - 09-02-2019

I like the idea of this, but the reasoning isn't very good. Strict salary cap to prevent dynasties or draft pick lottery to discourage tanking. Pick one; you can't have both lol. A draft lottery would only increase dynasties, because the bad teams can't get better unless they get lucky, and the dynasty team can keep getting even better for the same reason.

Players Union - ADwyer87 - 09-02-2019

what do you mean by 1?

I like 2-3, but they seem like something a players union would be against, not for

Also, 4 seems irrelevant in a sim league

Players Union - YoungTB - 09-02-2019

(09-02-2019, 10:53 AM)ADwyer87 Wrote:what do you mean by 1?

I like 2-3, but they seem like something a players union would be against, not for

Also, 4 seems irrelevant in a sim league
Give us a CBA or we hack the nsfl twitch account