International Simulation Football League
*Yeti GM resigns, Owner threatens re-location - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Yeti GM resigns, Owner threatens re-location (/showthread.php?tid=15373)

Pages: 1 2

*Yeti GM resigns, Owner threatens re-location - infinitempg - 09-07-2019

DENVER, COLORADO - On the heels of another disappointing loss, the Yeti organization suddenly endured several shake-ups. Owner Biggert Footson has been publicly displeased with the team's constant futility - resulting in a confrontation between Footson and team General Manager Malmouf Silvers in the locker room. The two reportedly had to be separated as Footson appeared to throw a punch at his embattled GM.

All of this culminated in a series of bizzare, yet captivating press conferences.

First to the podium was Silvers.

"Effective immediately, I resign as the General Manager of the Colorado Yeti," he said. "Ownership and I fail to see eye to eye on the issues, and as a result I do not believe I can in good conscience continue working here. My contract ends this season, and while I would have liked to play it out the current situation has resulted in this. I wish the Yeti, and my GM partner Bobby Wasabi, the best of luck."

Footson followed immediately after Silvers left the room.

"As you all have heard, GM Malmouf Silvers has been dismissed from his duties as General Manager of this team. Head coach Micycle McCormick has also been dismissed. I will not be taking any questions regarding that situation," he said. "Bobby will take over as GM while we search for a new Co-GM for the team."

Some reporters took Footson's rare public appearance to ask questions about the team's re-location rumors. To everyone's surprise, Footson did not deny any of the allegations. Footson stated that the ownership group has been exploring all possible options, including Atlanta, New York, and Honolulu.

"Simply put, the city of Denver has not been willing to pay for a new stadium," Footson said. "Our stadium is almost 20 years old and deteriorating quickly, and if Denver wants to continue to have all the economic benefits of a professional football team, they will have to help finance it," he continued. "The taxpayer sees a massive benefit from this team's presence, so it's only fair. Plenty of other cities would kill to have us there, and we certainly could refresh our brand."

Neither Bobby Wasabi nor any players were made available for comments, but Yeti insiders described the team as shell-shocked by both Silvers' departure and the confirmation of the team possibly moving in the near future.

The Yeti faithful were quick to place blame on Footson, and many threatened to cancel their season tickets until a new ownership group was brought in. Whether anyone can unseat the multi-billionaire as the owner of the Yeti remains to be seen.

*Yeti GM resigns, Owner threatens re-location - ValorX77 - 09-07-2019

Wait What?

*Yeti GM resigns, Owner threatens re-location - Bigred1580 - 09-07-2019

Sad yeti noises

COL

*Yeti GM resigns, Owner threatens re-location - C9Van - 09-07-2019

Save the Yeti!

*Yeti GM resigns, Owner threatens re-location - Frick_Nasty - 09-07-2019

#JusticeforMicycle

*Yeti GM resigns, Owner threatens re-location - woelkers - 09-07-2019

Cries in Yeti

*Yeti GM resigns, Owner threatens re-location - ValorX77 - 09-07-2019

This team has been screwed over by the sim, and bad draft picks, they do not deserve a fate like this. I believe the owner should sell the team.

*Yeti GM resigns, Owner threatens re-location - ADwyer87 - 09-07-2019

yeti so bad, Colorado doesnt even want em

*Yeti GM resigns, Owner threatens re-location - SouljaBoy2007 - 09-07-2019

Let Bjorn buy the Yeti

*Yeti GM resigns, Owner threatens re-location - .Laser - 09-07-2019

Step 1: Bjørn buys the Yeti
Step 2: Move the Yeti to West Vegas and rename them the Blackout
Step 3: Profit