International Simulation Football League
*McCormick family buy Yeti, hire new Co-GM - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *McCormick family buy Yeti, hire new Co-GM (/showthread.php?tid=15404)

*McCormick family buy Yeti, hire new Co-GM - infinitempg - 09-09-2019

DENVER, COLORADO - With his re-location threats playing poorly with the Yeti fanbase and the media, rumors were floating that owner Biggert Footson was willing to sell the team. Fans were hoping for just about anyone competent, but were pleasantly surprised to find out that the family of the team's former quarterback/kicker Micycle McCormick purchased the team on Wednesday for a record $1.2 billion.

Micycle's father Mitch McCormick is a computer engineer turned internet start-up billionaire, and is worth an estimated $20 billion. Mitch is also intimately familiar with the league already, as he is the lead producer of the league's offseason events. Mitch stated to reporters that it was a dream come true.

Being part of the owner's family also meant that Micycle's brief exodus from the organization was over. Mitch announced that his son would be the team's President of Football Operations.

"It was a really quick break, wasn't it," joked Micycle, "It's only been two days and suddenly I'm back. I'm very thankful to the players who supported me, and I'm ready to finish this rebuilding process!"

The first thing for Micycle to do was providing new GM Bobby Wasabi a partner in crime - which they found in Tom Ozzborne. He will be hired as the team's new Head Coach and co-GM.

[Image: eqy2aRv.png]

Ozzborne was hired out of the University of Nebraska, where he was the head coach for over 20 years. After a slightly disappointing 9-4 season, Ozzborne named his heir apparent and decided to take his shot at the pros.

"I believe we have the talent here in Colorado to get what everyone, especially the fans in Denver, want and that is an Ultimus," said Ozzborne. "It will be my duty to get this job done by putting the right players in the right places to succeed. I plan to build in the draft on our recent success and make a splash come free agency time. I am excited to get to work with Bobby Wasabi and honored to work hand in hand with my great friend Micycle. Yeti Noises, thank you."

Micycle McCormick and Tom Ozzborne have a long history together, as Ozzborne attempted to recruit Micycle to Nebraska as a quarterback. McCormick wanted to play kicker, and as such never received an offer from him. When McCormick eventually switched back to QB in the NSFL, he reached out to Ozzborne to help refine his quarterback skills. This is where their relationship took off, and a mentorship and friendship began.

"Tom and I are excited for the future of this team," said McCormick. "We have a bright future here, and the league better watch out. Tonight is the start of a new Yeti."

---

Out of character for a bit, I'd just like to say what an honor it is to have been a GM of this team for the last 7 or so seasons. I've been through some very high highs (getting to the Ultimus in S13), and some pretty low lows (losing said Ultimus by 3 and then proceeding to tank with no draft picks), but such is life in the league. I would have loved to continue GMing this team to an Ultimus trophy but unfortunately real life is starting to get in the way - there is a lot of uncertainty in my life and I need to spend more time focusing on my loved ones, my studies, and my future, and less time focusing on silly red dots on a screen.

There's a few people I'd like to thank before I return to just being a regular player.

Thank you to @TheMemeMaestro, @sapp2013, @ExemplaryChad, @Supersquare04, @PDXBaller, @dropbear, and @Bwestfield for mentoring me and always being helpful as I went from player to captain to Co-GM to GM. Just about all of you have gone IA, but I hope you get this tag because I hope things are going great for you guys IRL.

To all the war room members of the Yeti, past and present, thanks for helping me out on all the things, and making sure I wasn't being stupid. Your advice was priceless to me, and without it we would have been much much worse (insert joke about how that could even be possible).

To those who have joined the Yeti as a player, thank you for sticking around and helping to rebuild this team - we will get to the mountaintop!

And to @Frick_Nasty, thank you for taking over - I have the utmost belief in you and westy and will support you all the way.

I will be stepping down as GM of this team at the end of this season, but I won't be going away Wink

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] COL #YetiNoises COL [/div]

*McCormick family buy Yeti, hire new Co-GM - Bwestfield - 09-09-2019

A true legend. Thanks for the opportunity. I've learned a lot and now I'm ready to get the team where you want to see it.

*McCormick family buy Yeti, hire new Co-GM - Frick_Nasty - 09-09-2019

That's my quarter back! Thanks for everything brother!

*McCormick family buy Yeti, hire new Co-GM - TeyonSchavari - 09-09-2019

Former Nebraska coach? Bad news for the Yeti as they'll continue their mediocrity streak

*McCormick family buy Yeti, hire new Co-GM - infinitempg - 09-09-2019

(09-09-2019, 10:25 AM)TeyonSchavari Wrote:Former Nebraska coach? Bad news for the Yeti as they'll continue their mediocrity streak

i mean

mediocrity would be an upgrade