International Simulation Football League
*Christ Calling it a Career - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Christ Calling it a Career (/showthread.php?tid=15459)

*Christ Calling it a Career - AW13 - 09-13-2019

I don't really know what to say here but I wanted to put something because it has been a tremendous run and journey in the NSFL and with the Sabercats for Joliet Christ. Season 17 will be the last for Joliet as he plans on moving on to a life after his playing career.

I had no idea what would happen with Christ's career when I first created him. Originally, people thought I was the 2nd coming of Jameis Christ, and I was like who the f%$% is that guy? Another person decided to make a player named Christ, but DIDN'T USE CLIPBOARD JESUS AS A RENDER!? I wanted to make Christ after Charlie Whitehurst because his nickname of Clipboard Jesus for his long longs and beard and his ability to hold a clipboard. It was perfect to me and I hope people appreciate someone actually using Charlie Whitehurst as a render, cause I thought it was perfect.

I was told coming in as a quarterback would be extremely tough but I was ready for the challenge and happened to get lucky enough to have my player fall in line with a QB needy time, at least for a couple teams. I was 100% expecting to go to Philly given that two of the guys that I shared a locker room in PBE with were the GMs in BW and Adam. They passed on me, to go with Lucari Felix (lol) and were fine missing out on me to draft Adriana Falconi, which is okay cause Enig is great, but I don't think Falconi had the same kind of career that Joliet had in the NSFL.

It was an extremely rough start as a rookie as I only was in the DSFL one extra season after being drafted and then came up and was hot garbage. I switched to a gunslinger archetype from a mobile QB and was just building that up and it took a little bit to get in the swing of things. It was still great though, we had an extremely young team and would grow as a core into something extremely special, making the playoffs the last like, 5 seasons or something like that, I don't even know, not doing too much research for this.

I was lucky enough to fill in the open co-GM spot to GM next to [ckroyal92] while Christ was QB who has been a GM here and in PBE for awhile and am lucky enough to have gotten the chance to GM with him and get to know him, he is a great dude. We won a couple GMs of the year award during my tenure co-GMing with him and while CK was the main guy running the show, I will take credit for a couple things I guess. One was making the Pennington trade happen but that really was just doing the negotiations as the idea for it came from the locker room/war room as a whole. That trade turned us into a contender a lot sooner than we were projected to be. The one other thing I will take credit for is installing the Spread offense in San Jose and really allowing the team to be effective in all aspects in the game with Christ being able to do Christlike things. Combined with some slick CK GMing and both of us test simming a bunch, we won a title, the first and only so far in San Jose's history, it really was one of the best moments for me as a GM in sim leagues and having Christ be the QB for an Ultimus winning team was very special.

When I think of the legacy of Joliet L. Christ I don't really find faults because it was truly an awesome career and experience being able to grow him into what he is now. I 100% believe that Joliet should be a hall of fame quarterback given his track record. Being the only QB to get San Jose a title and break the curse, becoming one of the only true dual-threat QBs in NSFL history, being a top QB statistically during his prime, and the last thing I am about to mention.

My biggest joy and my hope for the true legacy of Christ to be is that during his prime, there was no other fantasy option like him. He had consistently been at the top of fantasy scoring and while many people sat back and waited to draft their QB because most of them had been the same, Christ was always taken early. The ability to both pass extremely well and run for 700+ yards and some rushing touchdowns made him a true dynamic fantasy option. Christ was pretty much a starting QB and a good RB2 for teams and no one was really like him. The closest comparison would probably be Mat Akselsen but I think the legacy of Christ overtook Akselsen because while Mat was probably a better runner, Christ was better overall in my opinion throwing the ball and was close enough running that Christ was a better QB. I think the way Christ had an influence on a lot of fantasy teams is incredible and can't wait to see what other players come in and have the same kind of influence. It was the most enjoyable part of thinking about Christ's legacy. The MVP, the OPOY, the championship, those were great, but being able to influence a big part of multiple people's fantasy teams and earnings, that is what is great. I am happy to be able to retire as one of the top QBs still in the game and not just go into more regression and see myself get worse.

Thank you everyone who has played with and against Joliet, it has been a great journey!
<3

*Christ Calling it a Career - nickyvmlp - 09-13-2019

It's been an honor

*Christ Calling it a Career - 124715 - 09-13-2019

toilet christ

*Christ Calling it a Career - ValorX77 - 09-13-2019

Thanks for your service.

*Christ Calling it a Career - Opera_Phantom - 09-14-2019

????