International Simulation Football League
(S17) - PT4 - Overturned - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S17) - PT4 - Overturned (/showthread.php?tid=15501)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

(S17) - PT4 - Overturned - Bigred1580 - 09-16-2019

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. All graphic responses must show at least some effort. Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S17 claim thread. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit.

This task is due next Sunday, September 22nd, at 11:59 EST. Have fun and get writing!

Written Option: This past week in the NFL, we saw a lot of strange reviews and odd calls that affected the outcome of the games. Whether it was reviewing PI calls, putting a second back on the clock, or blowing a game changing play dead, these calls had major effects in the games. If you could overturn one thing, whether it be a game you lost based off a dumb sim decision, a decision you made such as predictions made, or a trade another team made that made them now better than you, what would you overturn?

Or

Graphic Option: Create a graphic showing this change. It can be a championship banner or stat of a game you lost, or your player having initially chosen a different position.

As always, you can link your affiliate PT:
SHL,
GOMHL,
PBE

(S17) - PT4 - Overturned - Dylandeluxe - 09-16-2019

I would go back and force Fascist GM Jimmy Dugan and Scorp to trade me to Palm Beach like they threatened to do time and time again. The longer I play in Tijuana the more my teammates turn on me because they are wrought with jealousy. Playing for Palm Beach would have reunited me with Best Friend Zach Hall aka the GOAT DSFL GM. Jimmy sucks and I am pretty sure he shouldn't be allowed near schools so I regret winning games for him. And if I go to Palm Beach I think I give that defense some stopping power to win ball games and push San Antonio out of the playoffs. We would have cemented ourselves as the greatest underdogs that ever was.
So yeah the Tijuana Luchadores should have made that trade. I, Thudd Kassel, wouldn't be oppressed like I am here in Tijuana. Can you believe they had the audacity to say they were serving us sandwiches for lunch and then turned around and put tacos on our plates after practice?
Besides I would have looked so much better and more handsome in that Palm Beach uniform. Can you imagine this 6'4 256 pound hunk of a man in that creamsicle orange? I can hear the endorsements from here.

(S17) - PT4 - Overturned - IsaStarcrossed - 09-16-2019

If I could have any overturn, it would absolutely be my predictions this season. As a new player, I thought it would be a lot of fun to come into the league and look at the teams and the games and make my own predictions on who I thought would win or lose. I made a lot of mistakes. For example, I was big on both Philadelphia and New Orleans to start the season. One had just played in the Ultimus finals and the other I'd heard almost every league veteran I'd spoken to say would be improved this season. I stuck it out with both of them for a couple weeks before realizing my fatal mistakes. I'd have looked more at home field advantage. I was told that it wasn't that big of a deal, but boy was I lied to. There have been some absolutely massive upsets by bottom ranked teams while playing at home that I ignored the possibility of in my picks. So far this season, I've only managed to get about 50% of my picks right and that is only because lately I've just been checking with the veterans and seeing what they post before deciding my own. Its been a little tragic watching all of that TPE go down the drain and a bit crushing to know if I reversed every pick I made this season, I'd still have exactly as much TPE as I have now!

(S17) - PT4 - Overturned - illegaloctopus - 09-16-2019

If I were to change one thing in my short time in the NSFL, it would be my participation in the previous Ultimus week. I had just joined the league at the time and was still learning the ropes, and did not really understand how everything worked. Due to this, I did not participate in any of the TPE events that could have greatly increased my TPE. If I had joined just a week prior then I would have been able to generate a significantly greater amount of TPE. This would have had lasting effects, as my player would have been a greater benefit to the team that drafted him. Hopefully I still would have been drafted by Tijuana, as that has also been beneficial, but I missed out on a significant amount of money and TPE.
I also would have invested more of my TPE in speed at the beginning, I had thought that it would have been good to have a well-rounded player, but it seems like speed would have been better to invest in early. Another option would have started personal attacks on teammate Thudd Kassel earlier in the season, as that has been a great sense of entertainment for myself.

(S17) - PT4 - Overturned - RaiderNation - 09-16-2019

PLACEHOLDER

(S17) - PT4 - Overturned - Hallmonitor_20 - 09-16-2019

If I could overturn one thing it would be that I only wrote 197 words on Point Task 2. I wrote everything about the record unwanted to break and how much I would love to be a foundation for a team for years and years. I was so proud of my write up and even though they do not get graded by anything other than word count I still felt like i delivered an amazing piece. I did not even think about checking the word count because i just knew that i hit the two hundred mark. I felt like I had been writing for ever and was getting long winded so I called it off only to find out I was three words short. Three words. I lost TPE over three words. Maybe I would be a step faster or an ounce stronger but instead I sat there and saw my name pop up in the just short column. I was ridiculed and picked at for being three words short. To the point that I almost went insane and retired. I stared at that Point Task in hatred. That point task could cost me a higher draft selection. Maybe I finally score that touchdown if I have three more words. Maybe I learn how to block properly if I had those three words. Maybe Palm Beach is not a basement team if I had added just three more words. My whole season may have been tarnished by me missing out on those three little words. That is what I would overturn. Maybe not for the tpe or to reach the goal but to keep from being ridiculed and seen as the illiterate that can not count. Those three words changed my career and I will never forget it.

(S17) - PT4 - Overturned - CalvinP - 09-16-2019

Allow me to set the moment for you, the Wraiths surpassed all expectations... we have the best QB in the league hands down... we have the best defender in the league hands down.... all the young draftees are leaning into their potential and we've made it to the playoffs while on a hot streak. To make things interesting we let the other team stay close (we felt bad) and had faith in the simulation to have some type of common sense..... I was wrong. Down by four points and mounting an incredible drive the great Cooter put us on our side of the field to win, we get to fourth down and short with under a minute to go and obviously we went for it right? Wrong. We kicked a fucking field goal and loss by one point. I know the simulation isn't 100% accurate but we have to look into game scripts for special moments. We've all seen it happen all too often during the last two minutes of either half (especially the first) where the game is making us run the ball and punt the ball during moments that eventually hurt that team in the long run. And we chalk it up to 'bad sim luck' if people are getting screwed at this level we're facing the opponent and the sim logic itself. It's easy to ignore when you're winning but it shouldn't be.... we need to all make a better effort improving the sim's A.I.

-----------------------

248 words

(S17) - PT4 - Overturned - C9Van - 09-16-2019

I guess I would overturn the first quarter completely between the Polar Bears and Tijuana Luchadores 2 season ago now in the play-offs. Back then Luchadores had an insanely stacked team and we were the best regular season team (But what else is new let us be honest.)

We had finished overall first in the regular season with quite some ease as well, a couple of games were quite close but when we got going we stomped teams which was very fun to be a part of. However come play-offs that all changed as we just did not show up.

We ended up having an absolutely terrible first quarter with pretty much just Laszlo Forty-Two shitting the bed in that quarter. 2nd quarter onwards we were doing really well although Laszlo then decided to not do much after the first half and unfortunately it was just too much of a margin to make up so we ended up losing.

Thankfully the following season we did make up for it just owning the San Antonio Marshalls like usual and Portland Pythons in the finals but still that would be my resim or overturn if I had to pick one so far. Perhaps if I could overturn that or redo we could have been back-to-back winners instead.

[213 words]

(S17) - PT4 - Overturned - slothfacekilla - 09-16-2019

Code:
This past week in the NFL, we saw a lot of strange reviews and odd calls that affected the outcome of the games. Whether it was reviewing PI calls, putting a second back on the clock, or blowing a game changing play dead, these calls had major effects in the games. If you could overturn one thing, whether it be a game you lost based off a dumb sim decision, a decision you made such as predictions made, or a trade another team made that made them now better than you, what would you overturn?

I am going to go with overturning a decision I made, which ended up being a pretty important one to my career.... I wouldn't create as a linebacker. It definitely has not been as fun or as interesting as I anticipated. When I was looking into the active players when I first joined it seemed like linebacker was a need for the league and one of my favorite players (DeAndre Levy) is a linebacker so I figured why not. My draft class ended up being fairly big with a lot of other great linebackers so I think the numbers consideration was a bit off on my part. I also had thought about making a running back, but I'm glad I didn't with the saturation there as well. Honestly I think if I had another chance I may make a quarterback. If not a QB, I would think maybe a receiver or a cornerback. If I went QB I would have to be active with media so I could actually buy equipment, I doubt my usual AC + Training + Predictions/Whatever would be enough to sustain a decent QB. So I think that challenge could be pretty fun. I'm not looking to recreate soon as I would feel bad for New Orleans, and my linebacker is doing decently (I think?) with his all around stats despite my desire to make him a sack machine. Seriously what is up with the pass defenses all of a sudden? But I have lost interest in watching my little linebacker circle follow the opposition around on screen without doing much (not like I can watch due to work right now anyways) so I think I would change my position if I could.

(S17) - PT4 - Overturned - ValorX77 - 09-16-2019

The sixteenth season of the National Simulation Football League was a very unexpected, and unpredictable ride that had an unexpectedly crazy ending. We look back at the NSFC Wild Card game, where Stephen Harris Jr is gonna try a field.. WAIT A MINUTE! A dolorian just appeared out of nowhere! “Go For it on 4th down” says Leaf X, a future version of Ryan Leaf Jr. So what happened here? Wraiths win this game 38-34. Now instead of Philadelphia vs Chicago, we get Yellowknife facing Chicago, where Sam Torenson gets held to only 50 yards rushing and fumbles 4 times! Wraiths dominate this game 28-9. The Sixteenth battle for the Ultimus will be in Yellowknife where they host the Arizona Outlaws, and early on in that game, it was neck and neck, tied at the half at 17 a piece, until the beginning of the third quarter, where a pass intended for Brock Landers gets intercepted by league MVP Danny Grithead, and returned 45 yards for a Wraith touchdown. It was almost all Wraiths from here, but the most valuable player of the game was Ryan Leaf Jr, who got 5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles, 1 of which was returned 5 yards for a touchdown. Final score 38-20 Wraiths win.