International Simulation Football League
*BREAKING: Hawks GM Duo to Step Down - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *BREAKING: Hawks GM Duo to Step Down (/showthread.php?tid=15607)

Pages: 1 2

*BREAKING: Hawks GM Duo to Step Down - iseedoug - 09-23-2019

BREAKING: Hawks GM Duo to Step Down Following Season End.

After 4 strong seasons in Baltimore, Epictitus Milburn and Icy Douglas will be leaving the front office at seasons end. This news comes as the Hawks enter a competitive conference championship game against the Yellowknife Wraiths. The word from Hawks beat writers is that Epictitus and Icy simply think their time as GMs is up after 10 seasons of GMing and coaching in some capacity; 9 seasons together and 1 season apart. Epictitus started in the front office of Tijuana one season before the duo got together. While Icy was the head coach in San Jose for 1 season after leaving Tijuana. Together they GMed the DSFL's Tijuana Luchadores for 5 seasons and the NSFL's Baltimore Hawks for 4 seasons.

The duo quickly gained notoriety for winning 3 straight championships in the DSFL before making the jump to the big league. From there they brought a losing Hawks team back to its historical winning ways with 38 regular season wins and 3 playoff appearances in 4 seasons. In addition, the duo won the Ultimus Championship in S15. This week they hope to cap off their front office careers with another championship.

Epictitus and Icy have been apart of several huge trades during their tenure, always playing with the mindset of “win now or bust.” Their first move as NSFL GMs came mid S14 with a blockbuster trade with Colorado, where Colorado received Baltimore’s S15 R1, R7, R8 picks and S16 R1 pick for 6 players: Howard Miller, Haruki Ishigawa, Brian Mills, Axel Hornbacher, Viggo Squanch, and Lucari Felix. Both Hornbacher and Squanch would become important pieces in their championship run in S15. This season we saw similarly bold moves from the duo, giving away 1st round rookie DT Ennis and a 2nd rounder for DT Benson Harris in the offseason, and giving away 3 picks and 2 players for all-stars Sunnycurse and Jones mid-season.

Rumor from Hawks camp is that Epictitus and Icy already have replacements that they are confident in; however, there is no additional information as to who the new front office duo may be. Hawks fans have grown used to both winning and aggressive trades, and hope to see this entertaining franchise continue to be entertaining in the new front office era.

IRL: Breaking out of character, both @nunccoepi and myself are in the middle of career changes in real life, so we think it is best to step down from GMing. We both wanted to GM a bit longer and get 3 rings in the NSFL as we did in the DSFL, but we no longer have the time to do the best possible job we can. Furthermore, we have found a young duo that we think can take the team over without missing a beat. We both of course will still be involved in the league, but it seems GMing for us will be over. Because of this, I will be releasing one of the secret sauces to our GMing in the offseason to the whole NSFL community. Some members know of its existence, but only Nunc and I have it. Stay tuned. Also, I think we should explore GM Characters getting onto the HOF ballot. Even if we don’t get in, I would love to see how we stack up in the NSFL history.

It has been fun guys, really one of the best hobby experiences I have had. Go BAL!

*BREAKING: Hawks GM Duo to Step Down - Huskies311 - 09-23-2019

Sad to see you guys go (though you’re still on the hawks in some capacity). Always appreciated when you took a chance drafting me!

*BREAKING: Hawks GM Duo to Step Down - Eco - 09-23-2019

????????????

Can't wait for the sauce.

*BREAKING: Hawks GM Duo to Step Down - infinitempg - 09-23-2019

so many GMs stepping down such little time...

it's been a pleasure working with you guys! looking forward to seeing who the new faces are Wink

(09-23-2019, 11:34 AM)infinitempg Wrote:so many GMs stepping down such little time...

it's been a pleasure working with you guys! looking forward to seeing who the new faces are Wink

On to a new era of Front Offices!

*BREAKING: Hawks GM Duo to Step Down - ValorX77 - 09-23-2019

What’s up with all the GM’s resigning?

(09-23-2019, 02:18 PM)ValorX77 Wrote:What’s up with all the GM’s resigning?

I think many of the GMs are long time members who are getting old IRL. There is a large new crop of players who can take over. I think in the past, there were many times where there was no one who could really take over GMing a team or no one interested, so guys kept on going.

*BREAKING: Hawks GM Duo to Step Down - PigSnout - 09-23-2019

Thanks for everything, it's been a lot of fun playing for you and winning a championship together! BAL

*BREAKING: Hawks GM Duo to Step Down - Duilio05 - 09-23-2019

Keep the sauce Baltimore only!

Thanks for drafting me and letting me start as a rookie.

*BREAKING: Hawks GM Duo to Step Down - YoungTB - 09-23-2019

Legends, nothing but class both of you. The S15 Hawks will be enshrined in history. Was an honor to win a ring with you guys in BAL Smile