International Simulation Football League
*Ironside's Blindside: Philly coGM Speaks Out - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Ironside's Blindside: Philly coGM Speaks Out (/showthread.php?tid=15688)

*Ironside's Blindside: Philly coGM Speaks Out - IsaStarcrossed - 09-26-2019

Please pay this out 527 words to @IsaStarcrossed and 423 words to @iamslm22

"Hello ladies and gentlemen, this is Bjørn Ironside reporting in from the S18 Sports Center. It has been a crazy couple of weeks with leadership changes, trades, and retirements oh my. It has been hard to keep up with it all as it has come, but we've had a few people want to help clear things up. One such person is the newest Philadelphia Liberty coGM, slm. He wanted an exclusive to talk about the team and we were more than happy to oblige!"

Ironside: "You're a fairly new general manager of Philadelphia, but you've been a general manager in this league in the past and had a lot of success. What made you decide to come back in and jump into the Philadelphia job?"

iamslm22: “I decided to come back for a couple of reasons. The Agent thing didn't work out due to the draconian restrictions placed on agents, and the general feeling from some HO and GMs that really wanted the agent position eliminated. But really I wouldn't have come back to work for just anything. Getting the opportunity to work with a guy like Ford Hammer is huge.”

Ironside: "Since taking the job, you've had some tough sledding. The team was left in a bad spot and there wasn't a lot to recover when you came in. You started trying to make some moves early on and arranged trades with the Wraiths and the Hawks. What did those moves do to help the team and what was your process when preparing them?"

iamslm22: “This draft class is one of the most loaded in history. Both of those trades we made shipped off guys who were retiring or regressing, allowed us to get younger and acquire draft picks. Our goal is to make the Liberty a dominant team once again and we feel those trades have helped us move in that direction.”

Ironside: "Rumor has it that there was another move in the works for Philadelphia that didn't quite pan out. Can you tell me a little bit about what happened there and why the trade fell through?"

iamslm22: “There was an initial trade in the works for Brown during the season. We had come to an agreement in principle with Baltimore to move Brown but he had no desire to move. He begged us to stay so we kept him. I would never move a guy who wants to stay that badly - we're very loyal. I'm obviously glad we did because we got more for him.”

Ironside: "Obviously there has been a change of heart as Brown has since demanded his trade and has been moved to Chicago. What do you think this move does for Philadelphia right now?"

iamslm22: “Bringing in Sam Torenson while only surrendering a guy who was that old is a move you have to make every single time. Torenson is a star in this league, who absolutely dominated his first year, and I expect to see no different in Philadelphia. You have to make that move.”

Ironside: "There is a lot of age and regression on this Philadelphia squad. How optimistic are you that you can turn this ship around and get some youth on the squad for the team's future?"

iamslm22: “It's a process for sure. We have to try and make splashes in Free Agency and in the draft and improve. Our team has a lot of talent, and there are some great players who are completely committed to the team I'm confident we'll be able to turn things around sooner rather than later.”

Ironside: "You've been involved in a lot of movement so far and you're clearly willing to make a deal if it means helping the team. With the draft right around the corner, do you see yourself making any draft day trades?"

iamslm22: “I am always willing to look at trades. I think a GM who doesn't try to move things around and sits on their current team is doing them a disservice. If the right deal comes along, of course I'm willing to listen.”

Ironside: "What are your goals now for the rest of this off season? How heavily are the Liberty looking at free agency?"

iamslm22: “As far as this offseason - my goal is simple. Trying to set Philadelphia up to win an Ultimus. That's the goal, the ultimate dream. Every move we make this offseason has to be focused on returning to the playoffs and winning a title at some point.”

Ironside: "Do you think there is a chance that this Philadelphia squad really repeats this next season or do you think this next season is more about the team's development going forward?"

iamslm22: “I think there's a chance this Philadelphia squad really takes a step forward and winds up winning a lot more games than last year and moves toward a possible playoff berth. We will see what happens - but I'm excited.”

Ironside: "Finally what comments do you have for your team or the league after all of the changes in Philadelphia of late?"

iamslm22: “My comments for the league are this. These ain't your daddy's Liberty. We are a new team, with a new identity. If you are a draft prospect or a free agent you should want to come to us. We're the best place to be. Had a bad season, but we're loading up and ready to be great.”

"slm has clearly come into this position with a vision and a plan for the Liberty's future. With his experience and excellent instincts, he has shown that he is more than willing to do whatever it takes to set this team up for success. I don't know if he plans to be with the organization long term, but he at least looks to have them heading in the right direction when he leaves. I hope you all have all enjoyed this exclusive look at the newest Philadelphia coGM and we will keep bringing these exclusives to you as often as we can. Until next time, Ironside signing off."

*Ironside's Blindside: Philly coGM Speaks Out - iamslm22 - 09-26-2019

Thanks for the interview my man!

*Ironside's Blindside: Philly coGM Speaks Out - Fordhammer - 09-26-2019

PHI PHI PHI