International Simulation Football League
Bork Björnsson - Post Prospective Game Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Bork Björnsson - Post Prospective Game Presser (/showthread.php?tid=1583)

Bork Björnsson - Post Prospective Game Presser - bovovovo - 06-28-2017

Bork Björnsson, standing at 6'5" and 330ibs, finally jogs off the field after his Mongooses (or is it Mongeese?) narrowly defeated the Sun Tropics in the first ever NSFL Prospective Game. You note that he was one of the last players to leave the field, spending time talking with the other players and coaches. Used to the harsh winters of Iceland and Minnesota, he's also one of the sweatiest men you have ever seen. Even though you can almost see your reflection in the sweat glistening on his large arms, he doesn't appear phased by the hot summer sun. Before heading to the locker room, he approaches the small group of reporters.

Any questions?

Bork Björnsson - Post Prospective Game Presser - White Cornerback - 06-28-2017

I believe the term is Mongooses, but occasionally Mongeese can be used.

At this moment of time, how do you see your S2 draft stock?

Are there any players heading into the S2 draft you've been impressed by?

Is there any team you'd prefer to play for?

Realistically, do you see yourself as starter when you get drafted in S2?

(Welcome to the league)

(06-28-2017, 02:42 PM)Dermot Wrote: I believe the term is Mongooses, but occasionally Mongeese can be used.

(Welcome to the league)

I'm aware that DTs are typically not in "high demand," especially for the two new expansion teams who will probably be focusing on locking down their skill player positions. I also think that the fact that I have (seemingly, I may be incorrect) passed through waivers unclaimed is indicative to the current demand for DTs. However, I was pleased with my performance in the first prospective preseason game, and I think my 11-yard sack for a safety shows that I can be a playmaker in this league. I think the upcoming prospective games will only improve my draft stock, and once teams see what I can do on the field and how devoted I am to improving my play, my stock will only increase. But this is a very talented rookie class, and I recognize the business side of this game in addressing high demand roster needs. My goal is to be the first DT to be taken off the board in the draft, and the team that drafts me would be getting not only a driven and dominant DT, but an active leader and teammate as well.

The player I think most would mention here would be Kevin Cobb, and I am going to have to follow suit and name him as well. It would be dishonest of me to mention anyone else. Cobb amassed almost 100 yards rushing and tacked on 5 receptions for 30 yards, and was one of the most consistent performers on the field the whole game. I should know, it was my job to try and stop him! But this league has a multitude of RBs, and it is very hard to set yourself apart in that position. Cobb has set himself apart in this draft class so far, and I'm excited to get to play him again.

Thematically speaking, the Yeti would make sense as I am no stranger to all things cold and icy. I probably look like a Yeti myself!

Yes, I think that by the time I am drafted I can be a starter in this league. I am working hard to improve, and I am learning a lot about this level of play...It's quite different from how it was back at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities. But it hasn't been difficult or discouraging, and I know that by the time the draft comes I will be an immediate contributor to my team.

Thank you for the welcome! :cheers:

Bork Björnsson - Post Prospective Game Presser - ErMurazor - 06-28-2017

Welcome to the league! Sit tight and keep putting in work and I'm sure you'll make it on a team by the start of season 2.

Now, time for some questions.

Are there any defensive lineman that you've taken note of? If so, what caught your eye?

I see you're touted as a run stuff coming out of college, what do you think you need to work on(attributes or otherwise) the most to be successful at plugging up the middle and stopping the run?

Do you think a running back getting 100 rushing yards against you in your only performance is going to hurt your future prospects?

How active do you plan on being in the league? What drew you to come and play ball in the NSFL?

Finally, have you taken a look at the Interested Prospects Threads? You can post to the teams you're interesting in becoming a part of.

(06-28-2017, 04:07 PM)ErMurazor Wrote:Welcome to the league! Sit tight and keep putting in work and I'm sure you'll make it on a team by the start of season 2.

Now, time for some questions.

Are there any defensive lineman that you've taken note of? If so, what caught your eye?

I see you're touted as a run stuff coming out of college, what do you think you need to work on(attributes or otherwise) the most to be successful at plugging up the middle and stopping the run?

Do you think a running back getting 100 rushing yards against you in your only performance is going to hurt your future prospects?

How active do you plan on being in the league? What drew you to come and play ball in the NSFL?

Finally, have you taken a look at the Interested Prospects Threads? You can post to the teams you're interesting in becoming a part of.

I have been a fan of Bender ever since he came into the league. What makes him stand out, other than the obvious fact that he currently leads all DTs in sacks, is that he has a very strong argument for being the best DT in the league but, in all honesty, there isn't any one thing particular thing about him that makes him special. He isn't even really close to being the fastest, strongest, or even the best at tackling. His measurables are...honestly...pretty average as far as DTs go. But yet, he's one of the most dominant DTs in the league. That's what I look up to, not the guys who are stronger or faster than anybody else, but the ones who go out on the field and make plays. That's what I hope to emulate: being a playmaker above my measurables.

I'm aware that my strength is only average right now as far as DTs typically go, but I believe I make up for it in my speed. I believe a lot can be overcome with a quick step, fast reflexes, a strong motor, and a knack for just getting to the ball carrier. For me to be the most successful that I can be, I need to be able to catch the RB or QB without them jumping away, and I need to be able to plug up holes faster than they can appear.

Cobb had a fantastic game, and I have no doubt that he'll do great in this league, even with the logjam at RB. But he won't repeat that performance against us, and I look forward to playing against him in the upcoming games. He's a heck of an athlete and I appreciate being able to test myself against him.

I plan to be as active as it takes to cement myself as a premier player in this league, and to establish myself as the top DT in this S2 draft class. I was recruited online actually, and I was drawn to the "newness" of the league...It's new enough for me to establish myself quickly, even as a rookie. I'm looking forward to joining a locker room and becoming a part of a team.

I am actually filling some out right now!

Thank you for welcoming me to the league! I'm looking forward to it.