International Simulation Football League
Fox North S2 Rookie WR Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Fox North S2 Rookie WR Presser (/showthread.php?tid=1584)

Fox North S2 Rookie WR Presser - Silver Fox - 06-28-2017

6 receptions on 11 targets in the first prospect game and then I get the call from the Wraiths. Really looking forward to the opportunity to learn from Josh and Alexandre prior to the season 2 expansion, and hopefully I can contribute immediately in some 3 receiver sets. Are there any questions I can answer for you fine folks today?

(06-28-2017, 07:48 AM)Merica Wrote:How Foxy would you rate yourself?

I'm a pretty tricky player - only 1 target knocked away from me in the prospect game. I like to give defenses the opportunity to miss me often, but I'm going to have to crunch hard to learn the Wraith's playbook, so I'd say I'm maybe 7 of 10 on the foxy scale at this point. Mark it down though, I'll be the foxiest player in the league one day.

(06-28-2017, 01:20 PM)Dermot Wrote:You seem to value your performance in the prospects game highly, you are aware that many of the players in that exhibition are by no means quality players. How do you feel you will perform now that you're been picked up by the Wraiths?

What are your thoughts on next years draft, where do you see yourself being drafted despite the lateness of your declaration for the draft?

Have you made any acquaintances in your short time with the Wraiths?

Do you realistically see yourself as a top WR this early in your career?

Fox North. An unusual name to say the least, can you enlighten us on the origin of this:?

(/Welcome to the team buddy)

1. It was great to finally play in a NSFL-level game with the other season 2 rookies - I know not all of us are destined for greatness, but I'm certainly not just another guy. I'm very happy to have made a team so quickly, especially since I only just declared for the season 2 draft. I'm also aware I had a couple preventable issues during S2 prospect game 1, namely 3 drops - I'm planning on putting in the time this season and next offseason to take my game to the next level, and I think working with Josh Garden and Alexandre LeClair will really help my game. As for my performance on the Wraiths, I know I'll be playing behind Josh and Alexandre, but I'm confident I'll be able to slide into the WR3 role and contribute as soon as week 10 rolls around.

2. You know, it's going to be a strange draft for season 2 with the new expansion teams coming in. I've got the skills to be a new team's WR1 for sure, and since I'll have some season 1 experience despite being a season 2 rookie I could see myself being selected in the 3rd round pretty easily. There are several talented rookies coming in though, so until we know more draft details it's really hard to tell what's going to happen. What I can say for sure though, whoever takes me, I guarantee they'll be happy they did.

3. I haven't had much of a chance to hang out with the Wraiths since I was only picked off waivers yesterday, but I went around the locker room shaking hands. I spent an hour or so with Josh Garden and Chris Orosz just throwing the ball around and running a few quick routes and have already picked up a few pointers, but I look forward to meeting the team more in-depth as time goes on.

4. You've gotta have confidence in yourself. I let my nerves get the better of me a couple times in the prospect game with a couple drops, but overall I still came out on top for my team in receptions and I think the Wraiths saw that. Do I expect to be #1 right off the bat? Of course not - there are some great receivers ahead of me, but I'm gonna learn as much as I can from them as I develop my game, so when opportunity comes knocking I'll be ready to stand among the greats.

5. Ohh man, I knew this was coming. As for Fox, my parents told me they saw one run across the road on the way to the hospital and took it as a sign. Not too exciting, I know. North is actually my nickname from my high school football days, a play off the North Star, since my teammates told them I was always guiding them to victory. Once I had decided on Penn State, and knew I wanted to be a professional football player, I determined my given last name was rather long for the job and had it legally changed to North on the advice of my buddies. Catchy, right?

(06-28-2017, 03:20 PM)ErMurazor Wrote:There are a lot of quality wide receivers in this years draft, what sets you apart?

Any QB you'd prefer to play with?

Who is going to win the Ultimus Trophy this season?

Who's the best DB in the NSFL today?

Any DBs catch your eye in the prospect game?

1. I'm not just another athlete - I pride myself on my route running. The quarterback never has trouble finding me, because I'm always right where I should be - the perfect spot to make a play or open up an opportunity for someone else.

2. Unfortunately I haven't been around long enough to know any of the QBs up close and personal, but since Chris Orosz is throwing me the ball right now, he's the one I'd rather play with.

3. Gotta go with the hometeam on this one, the Wraiths are gonna go all the way. Filling out needs with waiver claims on us season 2 rookies should pay dividends in the long run.

4. Right now I'm a big fan of Brady Stropko - 87 tackles and 7 sacks is pretty amazing. Also impressed by Isaiah Rashad and his 8 interceptions.

5. Ohh, yeah man. Sigurd Kronen. 2 interceptions in his first game, one of which was a pick 6? Sure glad he was on my team.

(06-28-2017, 07:35 PM)adam2552 Wrote:Other than yourself, who do you think is the best WR in the NSFL?

Are you any good with writing media or making graphics (love the sig)?

Is there one team you want to be drafted by in S2 more than the other teams?

What can you bring to the locker room that no one else can?

1. Gotta go with Josh Garden here, rocking 809 yards and 4 TDs on 47 receptions. Plus he's been making me feel real welcome in the Wraiths. Also, I think there's a misconception here - I don't think I'm the best - yet. I'm just gonna be there eventually!

2. I've never done much media work, though I can write fairly well from commishing an NFL fantasy football league and writing power rankings each week. I did enjoy throwing together the Tecmo Bowl signature - considering mocking up a magazine cover of some sort eventually. But I'm less graphically inclined than most, so don't expect much better out of me than what I've already done.

3. Overall, I think I'd like to go to one of the expansion teams - more opportunity for playing time there. That said, if one of the existing teams loses a WR2 and makes me an offer I can't refuse, I'll probably be happy anywhere.

4. I've got a killer brownie recipe, though Josh seemed disappointed in them for some reason. But for real, I'm bringing tons of spirit to any locker room - I may talk big, but it's all about the team.

Fox North S2 Rookie WR Presser - Merica - 06-28-2017

How Foxy would you rate yourself?

Fox North S2 Rookie WR Presser - White Cornerback - 06-28-2017

You seem to value your performance in the prospects game highly, you are aware that many of the players in that exhibition are by no means quality players. How do you feel you will perform now that you're been picked up by the Wraiths?

What are your thoughts on next years draft, where do you see yourself being drafted despite the lateness of your declaration for the draft?

Have you made any acquaintances in your short time with the Wraiths?

Do you realistically see yourself as a top WR this early in your career?

Fox North. An unusual name to say the least, can you enlighten us on the origin of this:?

(/Welcome to the team buddy)

Fox North S2 Rookie WR Presser - ErMurazor - 06-28-2017

There are a lot of quality wide receivers in this years draft, what sets you apart?

Any QB you'd prefer to play with?

Who is going to win the Ultimus Trophy this season?

Who's the best DB in the NSFL today?

Any DBs catch your eye in the prospect game?

Fox North S2 Rookie WR Presser - Silver Fox - 06-28-2017

Keep em' coming! I edited the original post with my responses.

Fox North S2 Rookie WR Presser - adam2552 - 06-28-2017

Other than yourself, who do you think is the best WR in the NSFL?

Are you any good with writing media or making graphics (love the sig)?

Is there one team you want to be drafted by in S2 more than the other teams?

What can you bring to the locker room that no one else can?