International Simulation Football League
Kyle Cobb Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Kyle Cobb Presser (/showthread.php?tid=1587)

Kyle Cobb Presser - Kcobb9 - 06-28-2017

With one game officially under my belt on my quest to be taken 1st overall in the draft, I'll now open up to the press about my career. I think my stats will speak for themselves, but I'd be glad to show off the other aspects of myself.

Ask me anything

(Ooc: I didn't even know this subforum existed until today.)

Kyle Cobb Presser - White Cornerback - 06-28-2017

You previously mentioned that your stats speak for themselves, what stats exactly? You're not exactly distinguished in the NSFL world.

What do you believe are your strengths in the league?

Is there any team you'd prefer to be drafted to in S2?

It looks unlikely that any late prospect S2 player will play in S1 this year, do you believe you can be the exception?

That is all for now.

(Welcome to the league man)

Kyle Cobb Presser - adam2552 - 06-28-2017

In a league full of RBs, why did you choose to be a RB?

Would you be okay with splitting carries?

Who, past or present, would you compare your play style to?

Is there a specific team you would like to be drafted by, why?

Kyle Cobb Presser - Silver Fox - 06-28-2017

I was real impressed by your receiving chops in the prospect game, in addition to all those carries. Did you play wide receiver earlier in your career?

(06-28-2017, 07:35 PM)Dermot Wrote:You previously mentioned that your stats speak for themselves, what stats exactly? You're not exactly distinguished in the NSFL world.

It looks unlikely that any late prospect S2 player will play in S1 this year, do you believe you can be the exception?

That is all for now.

(Welcome to the league man)

You previously mentioned that your stats speak for themselves, what stats exactly? You're not exactly distinguished in the NSFL world.

Well my stats as far as the prospect games are considered. Obviously only one game has been played, but I feel I played strongly in that showing, and I believe I'll continue to so. Of course time will tell over the course of the other match ups though.

Well I'm a receiving back, so of course my ability to make gains on both the ground and in the air. I believe my hands are my most important asset. To go along with the fact that I can catch, that means I can play pretty much any position on offense, and even if I couldn't find a footing there I think I could even handle a switch to defense and play safety.

One of the expansion teams would be fun so that I could be the face of a franchise. As far as existing teams, I'm personally a fan of the sabercats. Getting selected by them would be cool because I could put in a lot of work turning that team around next season.

I believe I can. Although most teams are stacked at rb, having another quality receiver like me for quick reception and possession plays could help almost every team in the league. I could also run the ball of course, for the starters when they get tired so they can go in during the clutch moments and make plays.

Thanks for the questions.

(06-28-2017, 07:42 PM)adam2552 Wrote:In a league full of RBs, why did you choose to be a RB?

In a league full of RBs, why did you choose to be a RB?

Well I'm built relatively small so several positions end up out of the question. I'm quick out of the back and my agility can usually carry me to the secondary. Although I'm happy with my receiving skills, I don't believe I'm a quality deep threat, so I prefer to stay in the slot. Being good in both the ground and air I believe works better when you start out of the backfield. Plus, my play should be enough to keep me in the league.

Of course I would. Although I can go big on the ground, my play style is best for catching. Having a running back 1 2 punch that can run and receive can work wonders.

In the NFL currently I'd say Danny Woodhead. That man can run for days and be the leading receiver in a game. Being well rounded like that makes you great any given Sunday.

The sabercats are cool because of their ties to the AFL, and being selected by them would mean being on a hungry rebuilding team where I think I could thrive. The expansion teams are great as well because they'll be full of young talent as well.

(06-28-2017, 08:10 PM)Silver Fox Wrote:I was real impressed by your receiving chops in the prospect game, in addition to all those carries.  Did you play wide receiver earlier in your career?

Funnily enough I have not, but running through the slot and being known for reliability does wonders for your ability down the field recieving. Those quick short gain passes suit my assets to a T.

Kyle Cobb Presser - ErMurazor - 06-28-2017

As I'm sure you know, it's a passing league. As a 3rd down back you might find yourself pass blocking, how are your abilities there?

How do you feel about playing on special teams?

What was your biggest moment in a game?

What is the biggest mistake of your football career?

Scariest defender you've faced thus far?

(06-28-2017, 09:16 PM)ErMurazor Wrote:As I'm sure you know, it's a passing league. As a 3rd down back you might find yourself pass blocking, how are your abilities there?

As I'm sure you know, it's a passing league. As a 3rd down back you might find yourself pass blocking, how are your abilities there?

As a rb I know my place on the field and I've taken time to develop myself as a pass blocker. Obviously I'm not the biggest guy, but I think can handle my own and keep the QB safe when needed. It's definitely something that I'm gonna continue to train for if I want to keep myself proficient in the back field.

I'm a pretty speedy, so being tasked with returning the ball 100 yards is quite a fun opportunity, albeit quite scary haha. Special teams are extremely important for every drive so being a returner would be special.

I've never been a really big play guy, but I can get it done here and there. It sounds a bit cliche, but running the ball into field goal range to win the homecoming game was pretty awesome. Hopefully, I can set a pro team up to win a championship one day.

Being late to the party. I knew I was decent in school but I wasn't sure if I could make it professionally. I played all throughout college but I made sure I got my degree. Now I feel I'm a little behind on some of these real young guys out here. I've made the commitment now, and I can hope it pays off.

Probably Chidubem Okonkwo. He's a big man, but aren't they all haha? Already claimed on waivers so you know he's ready for the big leagues. He's fast too so that's scary for anyone. I haven't had much issue with him but he's got a few tackles on me, and I'm not sure how much I could handle blocking a guy almost a foot taller than me if he breaks the line.