International Simulation Football League
(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! (/showthread.php?tid=16070)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - Bigred1580 - 10-14-2019

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships!

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. All graphic responses must show at least some effort. Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S18 claim thread. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit.

This task is due next Sunday, October 20nd, at 11:59 EST. Have fun and get writing!

Written Option: Write about your team's defense. Go into detail about why they are good, bad, average, underrated, or young and growing. Maybe predict how they will finish in the league stat wise. As long as you stay on topic, I’m to however you want to write it.

Or

Graphic Option: Make a graphic Depicting your team defense, Include statistics or bio info on some of your star players.

As always, you can link your affiliate PT:
SHL,
GOMHL,
PBE

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - flyeaglesfly29 - 10-14-2019

PT Pass

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - Buttersqauch101 - 10-14-2019

Pt Pass

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - Raven - 10-14-2019

SHL PT

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - Toasty - 10-14-2019

PH

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - caltroit_red_flames - 10-14-2019

PBE PT

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - KC15 - 10-14-2019

Jed Podolak here, I just joined the Tijuana Luchadores and I am an RB so defense is not my strong suit, but I have been studying up on my teammates on the other side of the ball and think it looks like a strong unit.

There are really no areas of the D-corps that are completely barren, though there are definitely spots we could use some upgrades with players who work as hard as our leaders to improve themselves.

Let’s start with the down linemen. It’s great to see that we have users at ever position and do not necessarily have to start a bot. Jacob Rowan is the real rock of the group and it’s nice to have a 166 TPE DT in the middle of that line. Hakuna Matata may have the least training, but I don’t think we will have to worry when he’s on the field.

The LB corps is anchored by Junior Lopez who is also clearly the captain of the entire defense. He’s currently at 206 TPE – he’s fast, makes the stick on tackles, works the weights to good effect and is nimble on his feet. Relative newcomer Mack Arianlacher is already at 94 TPE and shows promise to be as steady second to Lopez.

And we round things out with the D-backs. This may be our overall strongest group. We have a corps of 4 safetys and cornerbacks who all have at least 100 TPE. Going to be hard to shred that kind of coverage as there is no one weakest link to pick on.

So, this is just a first glance at the Luchadores defense, but given that I don’t see any particular glaring weaknesses, I’m going to go out on a limb and say they’ll be at least one of the top 3 Ds in the DSFL. We’ll see how accurate my assessment is when we start our season tonight!

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - Dylandeluxe - 10-14-2019

The New Orleans Second Line have one of the youngest and most talented core of defensive players in the league. With the addition of Bjorn, myself, and Rector with the existing talent and acquisition of new DT Faux this defense looks to be nasty for seasons to come. Thudd Kassel brings a physical presence to the linebacking core, allowing Johnny Slothface to line up at DE.
Bjorn and Faux form a duo in the middle that will make life miserable for teams trying to run up the middle. Veteran star Quinton Bode gives Thudd and send down Junior Lopez someone to learn from. Swift moving to safety to team up with Rector shores up some holes on the back end while The Juice looks to lock down corners all season long. Deon Taylor is an often overlooked stand in at corner who also deserves respect. While all this may take some time to truly click on the field, the core is in place to gel into a scary unit that could possibly punish NSFL offenses into submission. Father time is far off in the distance for this defensive unit and the only thing standing in their way of dominance is players leaving in Free Agency. But the consensus is all these players have loved playing together and any leaving would be a true surprise.

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - TubbyTim69 - 10-14-2019

The Philadelphia Liberty Defense has the opportunity to be the best in the league. They went out and got DE Zach Hall with the end overall pick. The one spot the team was weak at was DE and they have a very good young player to fill the need. He is really the only person who stands out on that Defensive Line as everyone else is IA. Leading the Liberty D is LB Stokeley, he lead the team with 113 tackles last season and is going to be the answer to teams run games. In order for Philly to stop the run Stokeley is going to have to have a big year. Now the Pass Defense, This secondary is arguably the best in the league right now. Emoji has emerged as one of the best Corners in the league and last season the Drafted McMorris to cover the opposite side. This is the best young Duo in the league. McMorris won DROTY after an incredible rookie season that also saw him names to the Pro Bowl. Also in the secondary you have Veterans Lennox Garnet and Richard D'Attoria V. Adding the 2 veterans with a mixture of the youth of McMorris and Emoji, and the Liberty D has the potential to be the best pass defensive team in the league.

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - Murtsi - 10-14-2019

Well there really aren’t any ways around it, but to be blunt and straight to the point, the Yellowknife Wraiths is the best defense in the league, and there really is not any competition about it. You just have to look at the depth chart and be in awe about the talent level and pool that is available to this little Canadian franchise. The scary thing about this defense is that it is loaded from every possible angle and its hard to try and poke any holes in it. In the trenches you have Ryan Leaf Jr. and Nero Alexander along with veteran Luke Smyles. So who wants to try and move those giants? If you ever have the chance to make it past those behemoths you have Alex Selich and Axel Hornbacher making sure any little hope is smothered right away. If miracles did happen and something was able to wiggle through, those unsuspecting challengers get to face off with the likes of Johnny Snuggles, Danny Grithead, Lightsout Lewis, Logan Uchica and Giannis Kroustis. This is not an enviable task for any offensive coordinator or player for that matter to try and figure out how to beat this team. A NSFL analyst was recently heard telling teams to just give up, there is no hope. When a team is this talented from top to bottom on defense, I feel that it will be able to carry any team very far. As they say, offense wins games but defense wins championships