International Simulation Football League
*Murtsi's QB Power Rankings 3rd Edition - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Murtsi's QB Power Rankings 3rd Edition (/showthread.php?tid=16342)

*Murtsi's QB Power Rankings 3rd Edition - BaconBrother - 11-09-2019

The regular season is now behind us (along with the wildcard round) and it is time for the final edition of my QB power rankings to see how the QB’s stack against each other after 13 games of football. It was again interesting to see the quarterbacks be set in 4 clear tiers, where two tiers had 4 people each and the other two only one representative. There was more movement this time compared to the last rankings but again this only happened inside tiers, but no one was able to move across tiers. It will be interesting to see how the quarterback play is during the playoffs and how offseason training will shape the power rankings of season 19!

#1 - Corvo Havran BAL UP 1
30 Touchdowns (2 rushing), 9 Interceptions, 92.1 QBR, 2353 Y/G, 56.5% Completion percentage

We get to the end of the season and the quarterback who started off as number one, took a step back during the middle part of the season, comes back to claim his crown. In all honesty I also have to say that the top four quarterbacks on these rankings are clearly in their own tier. They all had very similar stats across most of the important categories and each one of them could have a credible claim for the number one spot. For me, Havran makes his claim through having the best TD to interception ratio of any quarterback, having the highest amount of their teams yards of anyone in the first tier along with the highest total yards per game. People can point to Baltimore being 6-7 or him having the fourth worst completion percentage across quarterbacks. To them I say that might be bad sim luck and that Havran still has the highest yards per attempt and yards per completion of any quarterback and has the second highest number of touchdowns and second lowest number of interceptions. But let us move on to the next player and see what they did that earned them a spot in the upper tier.

#2 - Andrew Reese ARI UP 1
31 Touchdowns (1 rushing), 12 Interceptions, 94.9 QBR, 328,5 Y/G, 60.97 % Completion percentage

Next on the list we have the old king of the land, Andrew Reese, who has led his Outlaws to the playoffs on the back of a 9-4 record. When compared to Havran there isn’t really many categories he falls behind in and I was actually very torn between the two, who to give the top spot to. In the end I think it came down to the better TD to interception ratio and a higher yards per game for Havran. Reese still leads the league in completion percentage and quarterback rating and is tied for the lead in touchdowns, has the third lowest amount of interceptions. In addition to these he is accounting for a league high 81.6% of his teams touchdowns and nearly 80% of his teams total yards. Now reading these it seems very tight at the top but both would be worthy of the top spot.

#3 - Easton Cole AUS DOWN 2
31 Touchdowns, 14 Interceptions, 91.7 QBR, 283 Y/G, 59.43% Completion percentage

The rankings leader just after the halfway point drops back two places to number three. Overall I think this is in line with how his numbers have slightly declined across all categories but he is still in the top tier of quarterbacks currently. He is second in completion percentage and tied first for touchdowns. I think what brings him down compared to the top two is his higher number of interceptions, less overall yards and accounting for a smaller share of his teams touchdowns and total yards. In spite of these I think Cole and Austin can be very happy with the progress he has made from last season and has definitely staked his claim for being one of the top quarterbacks in the league currently and most certainly in the future.

#4 - Cooter Bigsby YKW SAME
31 Touchdowns, 13 Interceptions, 91.5 QBR, 343 Y/G, 58.85% Completion percentage

Bigsby is the first player on the list that keeps his exact same position as he had 5 weeks ago and he must be wondering why on earth he is still here at number four. He has improved his TD to interception ratio, quarterback rating, yards per game and completion percentage since week 8 and his team has the best record in the league, sitting at 11-2! As I said previously this whole tier could be switched around based on who is doing the analysis and what they value the most. Bigsby is second in yards per game (highest passing yards per game), tied for lead in touchdowns, third best touchdown to interception ratio and completion percentage, and fourth best quarterback rating. Things keeping him down are that he is only accounting for two thirds of his teams total touchdowns and at times he seems to forget what he is doing and start games off by throwing a few picks to make it interesting. So in conclusion, all four have their own merits and can be argued as the top dog in these rankings but it shows off the great level of talent currently in the league!

#5 - Franklin Armstrong OCO SAME
27 Touchdowns (including 9 rushing), 9 Interceptions, 88.6 QBR, 278.6 Y/G, 59.06% Completion percentage

Now we step away from our first tier of quarterbacks and enter the second one, which is composed of one player, Franklin Armstrong. The reigning Ultimus winning quarterback is clearly the most deadly quarterback on the ground of all his peers, but still has some steps to take before he can be seen at the same level of those above him (although he is not far away and is not grouped with those below him). He is third in completion percentage, the second least interceptions, the fifth best quarterback rating and accounts for 75% of his teams total yards and touchdowns. These all tell the tale that he is doing the right things and may even be a case where all the good things are not showing up on the stat sheet because his Otters are 10-3 and were able to receive a bye in the playoffs.

#6 - Wolfie McDummy COL UP 3
19 Touchdowns (including 1 rushing), 8 Interceptions, 78.1 QBR, 222.7 Y/G, 54.01% Completion percentage

After a quick dip in tier 2, we move down to tier 3 where we have another four person tier. Just like the first tier, all these quarterbacks were very similar across a multitude of categories and I see arguments for different rankings. In my own analysis I saw McDummy here and especially with his great play since week 8, throwing for 10 touchdowns and only 1 interceptions. In addition to this he has improved his quarterback rating and completion percentage and is accounting for almost 80% of his teams touchdowns while having the least interceptions in the whole league. Knocks on him include his very low overall yards per game which contribute to low yards per attempt and completion alongside the third lowest completion percentage in the league.

#7 - Adriana Falconi PHI DOWN 1
21 Touchdowns, 13 Interceptions, 77.3 QBR, 251.5 Y/G, 53.82% Completion percentage

At number 7, we have the next member of the tier 3 group and who has taken one step back in the rankings. As I said before the four here are very tight across many categories having almost identical quarterback ratings and total touchdowns. Falconi falls here as she has the highest number of touchdowns of this group and a better touchdown to interception ratio (owing to her throwing the least picks of her group). In addition she is accounting for a higher percentage of her teams touchdowns than anyone else below her in the rankings. She has areas of improvement including her completion percentage, which is the second lowest in the league

#8 - Rose Jenkins CHI SAME
19 Touchdowns, 16 Interceptions, 77 QBR, 291.2 Y/G, 56.98% Completion percentage

Rose Jenkins keeps her spot at number on the rankings while improving her touchdown to interception ratio, completion percentage and quarterback rating and having on a slightly worse yards per game figure. Factors keeping her at number 8 include how the Butcher’s season has gone, having the highest number of interceptions and the second lowest quarterback rating. On the other hand what kept her from being in the bottom two included being above them in yards per game and accounting for a larger share of her teams touchdowns and yards.

#9 - Stan Francisco NOLA DOWN 2
20 Touchdowns, 16 Interceptions, 77.9 QBR, 272.5 Y/G, 57.83% Completion percentage

So Stan Francisco takes his spot at number 9, which is familiar to him from the first power rankings. After the Secondline’s hot start, the wheels and sim luck started to fall off, but Francisco has been trying his best to help his team out. Since week 8 he has thrown for 9 touchdowns and 4 interceptions and has improved his completion percentage and quarterback rating, while having quite a similar yards per game. What I think put him at number 9 in the end, is the low percentage of his teams total touchdowns (lowest in the league) and his overall high interception number. Compared to last season, I think Francisco has taken great steps and will look to take similar strides to Cole or Armstrong during next season.

#10 - Dan Wright SJS SAME

12 Touchdowns (including 3 rushing), 15 Interceptions, 55.9 QBR, 177.2 Y/G, 48.83% Completion percentage

Again we make it to the bottom of our rankings and enter our final tier which is reserved for the one and only Dan Wright. Although looking at his stats and comparing them to his peers, they do look bad, but I still have to give this guy credit. With the insane switch from tight-end to quarterback and all the skills it takes, he is putting up respectable numbers. And the greatest thing is that each time I take a look at these stats, he is improving across every category, which is the most important thing. In the end I think this is what was to be expected with someone position switching and that you can still get at least respectable stats and 4 wins is commendable. You might be at the bottom of the rankings, but you keep improving Dan Wright!

With that I will sign off from the Power Rankings for Season 18. Come join us again after the first four weeks of Season 19!

*Murtsi's QB Power Rankings 3rd Edition - AdamS - 11-09-2019

Man that one game provided a great excuse to drop Cole didn't it

*Murtsi's QB Power Rankings 3rd Edition - BaconBrother - 11-09-2019

(11-10-2019, 12:48 AM)AdamS Wrote:Man that one game provided a great excuse to drop Cole didn't it

I'll be honest and did not have a look through each game while doing these rankings and went only on overall stats available so to answer, maybe?

*Murtsi's QB Power Rankings 3rd Edition - SabaDonutMan - 11-09-2019

im a pretty good qb if i do say so myself

*Murtsi's QB Power Rankings 3rd Edition - timeconsumer - 11-12-2019

Cooter is a gunslinger and only cares about yards and touchdowns. If you want efficiency go get a Prius.