International Simulation Football League
S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! (/showthread.php?tid=16348)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Bigred1580 - 11-11-2019

ISFL_old Hello and Welcome to Ultimus Week in the NSFL Season 18! You will have ten days to complete the Ultimus Week point task so the deadline will be Novemeber 21st, 2019 11:59PM PST. :dsfl:

CHOOSE 4 TASKS, EACH WILL BE REWARDED 2.5 TPE FOR COMPLETION FOR A MAXIMUM OF 10 TPE

Rules:
1) Written tasks must be at least 200 words (No exceptions and no partial credit, not that hard to get to 200 words).
2) You can do any option for any task, they can be a mix, but please only do each task once.
3) Only submit one post in this thread.
4) Graphics must be more than text on an image, it is Ultimus week, show Ultimus effort. It is up to graders discretion to give credit, so don’t give us a reason to deny you TPE
5) This year we will keep the podcast options, please stay on topic for the task, make sure to include 5 minutes of talk on the task you are working with. Podcast options can be used in place of any of the Written options. We will be timing you and pause the timer when you get too far off topic.
6) As it is too hard and complicated to time the podcast for media money and task credit, if you do a podcast it can only be for Ultimus week. Do a separate podcast if you want media credit.
7) You may use a PBE, SHL, and GOMHL PT as credit for a maximum of 1 tasks here.
8) Affiliate PT must be from this weeks, 11/10-11/22, to get credit.
9) Affiliate PT must be the actual task, but not a link for welfare credit.
10) These tasks can be written about the NSFL or DSFL playoffs (With few exceptions).

1) Playoff Predictions, Reviews:
Written: Give a short write up of one or multiple playoff matches. If completed before the airing of the sims have predictions, after if it is a review of the game.
Graphic: Make a graphic displaying the matchups in the playoffs. If completed before sim, predict scores and show stats, if after, give a summary of game showing stats and top performers.

2) Underdog
Written: Write about one of the away teams in any matchup and explain why they can win. Must be completed before the sim.
Graphic: Create a graphic showing why the underdog will win

3) All about the QBs
Written: Write 200 words on one of the QB matchups in this year's playoffs. What are you most excited to see (Or excited to have seen), who will play better (Or who played better), etc.
Graphic: Create a graphic on a QB matchup, (Pictures with side-by-side statistics).

4) Head to Head Matchups
Written: Write about two offensive and defensive players that will go against each other in the playoffs or who have faced off in the playoffs, can be DL/QB, WR/CB, RB/LB or whatever matchup you see fit.
Graphic: Show the head to head matchup between these 2 players with statistical comparisons and previous game examples.

5) Stupid Tiebreaker!
Written: Got screwed by the tiebreaker into making the playoffs of getting a bye? Write about what happened and what it should have been as a tiebreaker?
Graphic: Explain in graphic form why your team was better than the team you lost the tiebreaker to.

6) Our Time
Written: Why should your team be looked at the favorite to win the Ultimus or Ultimini this season.
Graphics: Show with a graphic why your team is/was the best team.

7) Next year
Written: If your team has been eliminated, why will the next year, or the year after that, be the year that your team is going to win the Ultimus or Ultimini.
Graphics: Create a statistical summary of what improvements your team has made from the previous year or why your team was better than their record.

8) Draft Focus
Written: What areas of your team has the biggest holes that you are hoping get filled in the upcoming S19 draft? What round are you hoping it’s filled?
Graphics: Create a graphic showing the holes in your team and what rounds they need to target those replacements.

9) Enemies
Written: Not everyone loves each other, write 200 words on an opposing player or player in this year's playoffs about how they will struggle, why do you want them to lose? (Don't be too mean).
Graphic: Create a graphic of a player showing maybe they are overrated with statistical back up, or a statistical prediction of what they will do in the game.

10) Rivalries
Written: Write about another team and why they are overrated and why you want them to lose.
Graphic: Show a statistical representation of why said team is overrated.

11) Trades
Written: Talk about a player who was traded this past offseason or before the trade deadline and how they will affect the Ultimus, or how they helped their new team in making the playoffs, or cost their old team.
Graphic: Create a graphic for said player showing how they helped their new team and compare to their old team.

12) Sit-down with a star
Written: Interview a player from a team that is not your own that is in the playoffs! You must ask them four questions and at least three must relate to the league in some way. YOU MUST POST THE QUESTIONS AND THEIR ANSWERS FOR CREDIT.
Graphic: no graphic option

13) Sit-down with a fan:
Written: Answer questions for an interview from a player that is not your own. You must answer at least four questions and at least three must relate to the league in some way. Link to the interviewers PT to receive credit. NOTE: THEY MUST POST THE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FOR YOU TO GET CREDIT.
Graphic: no graphic option

14) That Magic Moment
Writen: Pick one moment from a playoff game and describe what made it so amazing to watch.
Graphic: Create a graphic immortalizing that moment

15) Going to Disneyland!
Written: Who was the Ultimus MVP? Give us a rundown of their celebratory trip to Disneyland, or describe how they celebrated.
Graphic: Depict said celebration and trip.

16) Unsung Hero
Written: Who was the unsung hero of the playoffs, convince us.
Graphic: Show is player and their statistical reasoning for being the unsung hero.

17) Robbed
Written: Write about why your team was robbed from making the Playoffs, how did the sim screw you and why were you more deserving.
Graphic: Explain with a graphic why your team was better than a playoff team.

18) Banner
Written: no written option
Graphic: Create a championship banner for your team winning the Ultimus or Ultimini

19) OL Appreciation
Written: Write about an active human Offensive Lineman that is in the playoffs, and how they will or did affect the outcome.
Graphic: Create a graphic about said OL and give stats of their season or playoff performances.

20) Let’s get Wild!(card)
Written: Write about a team in one of the wild card games from last friday. Write about how they got robbed, or how they will win it all, or how they should have been the 1 seed.
Graphic: Create a graphic detailing one of the wild card matchup results. Give stats and big moments.

As always have fun with it and please let me know if you like the tasks this season, and how I can improve it for next season. Also, PM me with any questions about how this will be graded or what I am looking for with these questions.

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Bigred1580 - 11-11-2019

If you don't like all the repeat tasks, do a different one than last season!!!

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Dylandeluxe - 11-11-2019

#7 Next Year:
With the conclusion of the S18 season The Liberty found themselves 4-9 and the bottom of their conference. But a closer looks at their schedule shows that 4 of their 9 losses were one score games. I believe this shows that Philly has the core of young players to compete as soon as next year for a playoff berth and once in the playoffs anything can happen. On the offensive side of the ball Philly likely has Jake Dropson, Fuzzy Dotson coming up from the DSFL two high TPE earners to give the offense some depth and more firepower. On the defensive side of the ball Stuart Little and likely Mike Franchet. This coupled with Thudd Kassel and Zach Hall give Philly a bright future next season. The younger get better while the older teams in NSFC get older and regress allowing Philly to make up ground. Now with perennial regular season champs Yellowknife standing in the way, some would find that formidable for any team to over come but more often than not we can count on a Wraith's post-season collapse to let the Cinderella Liberty squeeze past them into the S19 Ultimus. Next year is the season Philly returns to the promise land.

#9 Enemies:
It has been 10 seasons since the Yellowknife Wraiths won it all against New Orleans 24-13. The likes of legends DiMirio and Brian Mills squared off against Pennington, Lavelle and Rainey. This was also the last time Yellowknife won a playoff game of any kind. They were absent for 8 seasons until they were upset by the Philadelphia Liberty in heart-breaking fashion 35-34. They returned to the playoffs the next year and were promptly upset by Baltimore 27-24 and once again kept out of the championship. And I am here to tell you it will be another 10 seasons before Yellowknife gets another playoff win. As history shows, "Super-Teams" are often disappointing and don't capitalize on opportunities. And with an aging roster the clock is ticking. The old geezers run out of steam by the time the playoffs roll around and can't play up to their expectations. Someone call life-alert because these senior-citizens are going to be on the heart attack watch list as the Baltimore Hawks do the league a favor and kick these boomers into retirement.
They call the Yellowknife Wraiths the spookiest team in the NSFL. I guess it's only fitting they are cursed in the playoffs.

#11 Trades:
At the trade deadline Philly and NOLA made a deal to move yours truly, Linebacker Thudd Kassel. This was a mutual decision by NOLA and Thudd but none the less the trade happened. At the time NOLA was 5-3 and comfortably seated in a playoff berth while Philly was sitting at 2-6 and most didn't even consider a factor in the playoff push. What happened next is NOLA dropped their next 5 games to finish one spot outside of a playoff finish. It is easy to write it off due to the tough schedule as they faced 4 playoff teams in the last 5 games. But I think the impact Kassel had on the defense can't be discounted.
NOLA D# with Thudd: 20.8 ppg allowed, 5-3
NOLA D# without Thudd: 32 ppg allowed, 0-5
If Thudd stays in NOLA, is he the difference maker in just one of their games that could have slid them up to the last playoff spot? I think there is an argument for it and it is also to note that Philly also saw a slight improvement to their defense after the trade so that just adds more substance to the argument.
Philly pre-Thudd: 25.1, 2-6
Philly with Thudd: 23.2 ppg, 2-3
NOLA is also set up with the #1 pick of the S19 draft from the trade so not all is lost obviously or even the argument of who won the trade is settled. I think 3 to 4 seasons from now we can really see the impact for both teams. #RingTheBell

#12 Sit down with a Star: Maurice Virtanen @`BaconBrother`
DD: "How does it feel being in the playoffs as a rookie? Feel any pressure?"
MV: "Man it feels awesome! Of course it’s all the big names on the team that have got us here and I’m just trying to do my part and help as much as I can. The pressure tries to get to you when you know the stakes are high on the biggest stage. Luckily for me I’m in a locker room filled with people who have been here before and know how to handle it so I just take my advice from them"

DD: "Speaking of veterans I think it is safe to say that Yellowknife did not expect you to fall to #7 in the draft as many considered you a top 2 prospect going into the draft. They drafted you and have been playing out at defensive end as they have two talented Linbackers already. How has that transition been for you and is this a long term switch for The Finnish Nightmare?"
MV: "Yeah it seemed to shock quite a few people but I am happy I landed here in Yellowknife, they have welcomed me so well and me feel like one of the gang. So yeah this year has been me at defensive end as you mention. There was some weight put on in the off-season and some different focus during practice but overall I think it has gone well and just trying to help my team out as much as I can although this isn’t a long term switch and I feel I’ll be back at my more usual linebacker position pretty soon"

DD:"What do you think of fellow rookie linebackers Net Gaines and Thudd Kassel's seasons?"
MV: "Oh man the fearsome linebacker trio of our class. What I’ve seen of them it seems they are both having great rookie seasons and are both showing their teams that they are valuable pieces now and in the future. Especially seen by what Philadelphia gave up for Kassel."

DD: "Last question for you. I know you have not been here for the last two seasons disappointing playoff exits but what do you think the Wraiths can do different this time around?"
MV: "I think it’s important to just play our own game and not let the past or the opponent get into your head. We need to start strong on offense and let our defense then kill off the Hawks"

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - ValorX77 - 11-11-2019

Task 6: The eighteenth season of the National Simulation Football League was a wild ride for every team, but one team in my opinion, one team has the greatest chance to secure the bag, The Yellowknife Wraiths. We have a better record from last season but do not let the record of this team fool you, the Wraiths are almost the same exact team from last season. Cooter is once again the gun slinger the Wraiths need, throwing deep missiles left and right when needed, 4 elite receivers catching the ball like Xavier Flash, Nate Swift (BigRed is always watching), Tommy Helanen, and yes, a Running back in Jerrod Canton who’s actually primarily used as a receiver, which is an interesting move that could revolutionize the game we call simulation football. The running game is pioneered by Morgan Marshall and the Said Canton, punishing opposing defenses.
The defensive side of the ball is another key aspect to the team, with the Northern Wall of Leaf, Smyles, Alexander, and, Viraten slaughtering opposing quarterbacks, Snuggles and Horlbacker deflecting your passes, Grithead Being the all around versatility the Wraiths team, and Selich punishing opposing run games and deflecting all your hopeful passes, Do I have to say more? See you at Ultimus.

Task 1: The National Simulation Football Conference Championship game was a defensive battle for the ages, elite talent on the field left and right, it was pretty much on paper, to be equal, but the records don’t show that, with Baltimore at 6-7 and Yellowknife with the league’s best record at 11-2, and one of those losses cane to the hawks during week 1, in overtime. The hawks had a rocky stretch during mid-season, with losses to Yellowknife, Chicago, San Jose, and Orange County. The game starts off with a Neo Donaldson field goal to put the Wraiths up 3-0, which was set up by an Lightsout Lewis interception. Following a Hawks 3 and Out, the Wraiths have the ball back, only for Cooter Bigsby to get intercepted by Walt Green, which allowed the hawks to get the game’s first touchdown, a Havran pass to Maddox for 25 yards. The Wraiths need to strike now, but have to settle for another Neo Donaldson field Goal, making the games score 7-6, with half time coming near, only for the hawks to put up a long drive with a Corey Trevor rushing TD, putting the hawks up at halftime, 14-6. Havran then throws his second pick of the game, this time, to Axel Hornbacher, to set up a Morgan Marshall TD, and.. A shanked XP, 13-12 Yellowknife.

Task 12: Im talking with Hugh Mongo @speculadora

**How do you feel about your team after repeating as Ultimus champs?**
Hard to feel anything but great, honestly. It felt like last season our win was a little fluky as we went just 7-6 in the regular season, so it was good to see us back up that performance both in the regular season and in the playoffs. While you could argue that our win over a pretty dominant Wraiths team on the road was also lucky, I think we proved that we were for real with or without that. But this has us feeling like there's no limit on how far we can go.

**What were the biggest reasons why you were able to pull the upset against Yellowknife?**
I think there's a saying that goes something like luck is when preparation meets opportunity? Not totally sure exactly what it is, but it was those things. We definitely got a little lucky, but I think that was because we prepared tirelessly in advance of the game to give ourselves the best chance to win, and obviously opportunity came in the form of playing the game in the first place. And then once we got out there the defense really did what they've done all season and that was huge as our offense stalled quite a bit.

**If you were able to bond with someone outside of your team, who would it be and why?**
Hmm. I'm not totally sure about this one. I feel like I've kind of naturally become friendly with a lot of people in the league just through being a GM. I guess I'd just say some of the newer GMs or quieter guys. Like Duilio is a pretty reserved guy generally. Maybe Frick or shady as well. Some of the guys I haven't talked to much. All S15 guys interestingly enough.

**How does it feel to be Otters reliable WR1?**
Reliable is a nice way to describe my player. It's cool being the top receiver in the offense, but it's not always a glamorous role with how much we've relied on running the past season or two. Still, all I care about is being - as you said - a reliable option when we do ask Armstrong to drop back and pass

Task 8: This is my first ever draft I’m gm of, as the co general manager of the Chicago Butchers, we have a lot of holes to fill so this draft should be a good start for us. The first big hole that catches my eye is running back, last season we had the GOAT in Marquise Brown, who has sadly decided to hang his cleats up after 11 amazing seasons in the league. One player we could select is Quindarius Tyerucker, a stand out back from Myrtle Beach, he’s currently sitting at 187 TPE and a likely late first early second round guy. Another potential hole we could have is at wide receiver, we have Parker in regression so we need to get two young wide outs to help us out. Some possible picks could be Sean O’Leary, Rayne Gordon, Sweet James-Jones, just to name a few, because this class is filled with WR’s, that almost everyone could go to a different team. LB is another big need, because we need a young duo partner to Ronald Watkins, a young elite pass rusher. One possible person we could target, is Wille B Hardagain, another pass rusher, we hope he can somehow drop to the mid-first round or maybe the second round of crazy luck happens at all.

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - .Laser - 11-11-2019

PT pass

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - flyeaglesfly29 - 11-11-2019

Ultimus Pass

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Leafs4ever - 11-11-2019

Task 1:

SFC Championship: San Antonio Marshals vs. Tijuana Luchadores

The Luchadores are the clear favourites to win this game and win the Ultimini. They were easily the best team in the regular season and should handle the Marshals at home in Tijuana. Tijuana is better in every statistical category than San Antonio, posting a better offense and a much better defense. The defense is going to be the big decider. They scored a similar amount of points in the regular season, 333 to 307, but Tijuana only gave up 188 points compared to 279 for San Antonio. Tijuana rolls to a victory and a berth in the finals. Tijuana wins 24-16.

NFC Championship: Kansas City Coyotes vs. Portland Pythons

Portland was the better team in the regular season, second best behind Tijuana, but I think the Coyotes have a chance at the upset here. Kansas City won't have the pressure on them that Portland will have. They are the favourites, they're at home, and they have the better roster. That's a lot to put on a team, especially one in the DSFL. Jay Cue has been great this season, but so has Orien Drake. I think the gap between running backs is greater than at quarterback, coupled with the pressure on Portland, gives Kansas City an opening for the upset. Kansas City wins 21-19.

(223 words)

Task 2:

In the NFC Championship game, the Portland Pythons are big favourites to win, especially at home. However, I think there's a case to be made that the underdog Kansas City Coyotes can pull the upset.

The main reason why I think they can do it, is because of how good their running back, Orien Drake, has been this season. He put up a staggering 1767 rushing yards and 15 touchdowns. He was a beast for Kansas City all season. Now, this is important because we know that a team who can run the ball well is going to control the time of possession. That will keep the ball out of the hands of Portland's quarterback, Jay Cue. He was the best quarterback in the league and if the Coyotes can limit his time on the field, they have a real chance at the upset.

The gap between the two teams on defense isn't as big as on offense, so that's another reason to be optimistic. If the aforementioned rushing attack does it's job, that means the Coyotes defense won't be on the field a lot and will be plenty rested for Portland's drives. You need your defense rested against Cue and if Drake can handle the workload, the Coyotes will be exactly that. There's a case to be made that the Coyotes can pull the upset, but things need to go perfectly for them.

(234 words)

Task 3:

The quarterback match up in the NFC Championship game will be a fascinating watch. It pits Portland's Jay Cue against Kansas City's Brock Phoenix.

During the regular season, it was no contest. Jay Cue was far and away the best quarterback in the whole league, while Phoenix was up and down in his first season. Cue threw just under 500 more yards than Phoenix, 2811 to 2384, but threw 22 touchdowns to Brock's 12. He also protected the ball better, throwing only 7 interceptions compared to 11 for Phoenix. The match up seems lopsided, and it might be, but Phoenix has the advantage of being able to progress throughout the season. Cue has been in the league longer and thus hasn't been able to continue his development yet. Phoenix's intelligence is getting better on the field and he already boasts the same arm strength and accuracy as Cue. However, Cue has much better speed than Phoenix and that is a big advantage.

The biggest difference between the two is that Jay Cue has earned more trust from his team so he's going to get more opportunities on the field to make an impact. Phoenix, on the other hand, has a huge weapon in running back Orien Drake. Drake is going to get fed in this game which will keep Phoenix's arm much fresher than Cue. That might be Brock's only chance at besting Cue.

In this match up, it's clear the advantage goes to Portland's Jay Cue. He's better right now at every thing, but if he's asked to do too much by his coaches, a fresher Phoenix could surprise.

(270 words)

Task 6:

Not many people are giving the Kansas City Coyotes a chance in these DSFL Playoffs. They're going into Portland for the NFC Championship game and by all accounts are the far inferior team to the Pythons. Listen, you can count out the Coyotes if you want and I would understand, but be careful about always banking on the favourites.

The Coyotes are a young team and have kept developing throughout the season. They have a young quarterback who is still learning the game, but they also have arguably the best player in the league on their team in Orien Drake. A team with a monster at running back always has a chance on the field. Drake has been a nightmare for opposing defenses and could very well be the player that drags Kansas City to a victory. On defense, the Coyotes have been pretty decent. There isn't much gap between the favourite teams and the Coyotes. They are perfectly capable of locking down these teams for one game.

The biggest factor in Kansas City winning the Ultimini is they don't really have any pressure on them. In Tijuana, you have the best team in the league and dominated everyone in the regular season. They're going to have home field throughout and all the pressure in the world on them to win. In Portland, same thing. Second best team in the league, home field against a weaker opponent. This kind of pressure gets to young players and that's where Kansas City can strike. They have a rookie quarterback, along with an upstart team, with no expectations. They can go out there and play freely. That's a big advantage in situations like this.

Don't sleep on the Coyotes. They can win the Ultimini. They just need the chips to all fall in place.

(301 words)

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - IsaStarcrossed - 11-11-2019

1) Playoff Predictions, Reviews
I just have to write a review about the disaster that was the Baltimore versus Colorado game in the wildcard. I’ve always been a big fan of the underdog and I was really pulling for Colorado to win this one. I didn’t feel like they were completely outmatched and I thought they had a solid chance at upsetting the Hawks and moving on to face Yellowknife. I couldn't have been more wrong as we all got to watch the Yeti get unceremoniously disassembled. At no point was the game even close as Baltimore proceeded to dominate in every single possible category they could. 23 first downs to only 14. 418 total offensive yards to only 315. The Hawks dominated in passive yards, rushing yards, yards per attempt on both sides of the ball. They were more efficient as they won the turnover battle, had less penalties, and controlled the time of possession for almost 10 minutes more than the Yeti. There was not a single highlight or a single optimistic thing that Colorado could have taken from this disaster. On paper, I thought that this game had the chance to be much closer. At the end of the day, a 31 to 0 score line completely demolished that thought. The Hawks showed up to play and if they can continue this level of dominance while going against the Wraiths, we might actually see an upset in this next one.

2) Underdog
I think that Arizona has a very solid chance of upsetting Orange County tonight. We can start with the obvious which is that Arizona actually has a better overall roster at the moment. A lot of their players are older and on the edge of regression, but for the time being they actually are able to field more talent than Orange County is able to. Their average TPE per player is near identical, but with Arizona having a larger roster with less holes, they have 500 more TPE. Now that isn't a huge amount and at the end of the day, total TPE isn't always the best tell. It is also in where Arizona has their massive amounts of TPE banked. Quarterback, wide receiver, linebacker, and safety. Their top five players are all clutch skill positions who can make waves in the game. For Orange County, they have a lot of talent wrapped up at defensive tackle, tight end, and cornerback. Now these guys are all great and they certainly make a difference on the field, but they aren't the kind of guys you expect the big play from. Reliable, not flashy. When you're on the road in a playoff game, flashy big plays are what you need to get over the edge. Arizona has that in spades and I think they have a legitimate shot and making this final push for a championship.

3) All about the QBs
I was actually quite excited about the quarterback matchup we had in the wildcard game between Austin and Arizona. You had the older veteran Andrew Reese matching up against a young gun in Easton Cole. Everyone knows who Reese is and they know what to expect from him at this point in his career. That said, we've been able to watch Cole slowly advance and get better in his career and this past season was a real highlight for him. He became one of the most efficient passers in the league and at the end of the day, his numbers ended up almost identical to Reese's. 61% completion rating to 59.5%, 30 touchdowns to 31, and 12 interceptions to 14. These guys ran very similar numbers and even only had about 20 pass attempts separating them. It was truly an exciting prospect going in to see which of these guys would perform better when going head to head in a high stakes winner takes all environment. We weren't disappointed as these guys showed us why they should be a premier pair to watch. As it turns out, they were as close to each other on the day as they were during the season. Yardage, touchdowns, and even interceptions were nearly identical to each other in a quarterback face off that became truly memorable as they traded blows with each other. At the end of the day, Reese scored one extra touchdown and was just a bit more efficient. That ended up being the difference as the veteran took home the win. I look forward to seeing this match again next season to see if Cole can close the very marginal gap between the two.

7) Next year
Unfortunately, New Orleans just barely missed the playoffs this season. It was a long, hard season but at the end of the day, we just didn't quite make it. That said, this should all be changing in the near future. With so much young, developing talent, many thought that this would be the season for New Orleans to take off and begin their championship window. It looks like we were just one more season away. We've got a strong, active core group of players and we've shown that we can at least compete with some of the top teams. No one on our team is showing any signs of regression for a long, long while and we're only going to get better as a unit. More than half of our team's starters are active, near max earning players and we've got three draft picks in the first round of S19. With guys like Gump, Slothface, Bode, and Francisco we’ve got a steady group of veterans leading the way and a large number of young guys who are trying to follow their success. With a huge offseason update coming in the immediate future, I can see this team easily jumping into the top three in terms of total talent this season and at that point, I think we just need a few lucky bounces in the sim and we are there. We're so close that we can smell a championship and now all we need to do is reach out and take it.

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Opera_Phantom - 11-11-2019

1) Playoff Predictions, Reviews:
Written: Give a short write up of one or multiple playoff matches. If completed before the airing of the sims have predictions, after if it is a review of the game.

Last friday the Colorado Yeti travelled to Baltimore to face the Hawks. Even though the home team was considered the favourite, I do not think anyone expected the "Baltimore Massacre" that happened. Colorado just could not get things going for them. The QB Wolfie McDummy had a nightmare game, with no TDs and 2 picks to the Hawks, Green and Jimbo. The running game was also subpar, Vincent and Taffy really tried, but to no avail.
On the Hawks side, pretty much everything went according to plan. They run up the score with ease, with Havran having a quiet but steady game, with 272 passing yards and 1 TD pass. Their running game really stepped up, with Corey Trevor having 2 TDs and Ludicolo Bigby having another one. At half time the game was decided, with 17 unanswered points, which gave the Hawks the opportunity to step back a bit on the third quarter before driving the final couple of blows in the final quarter.
The Hawks win was not really a surprise for me, playing at home makes a big difference, but 31-0 was a very surprising result. Tough luck for the Yeti, they need to improve next season to get wins in the postseason. As for the Hawks, they need to overcome the #1 seed again to get to the Ultimus... again.

(224 words)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) All about the QBs
Written: Write 200 words on one of the QB matchups in this year's playoffs. What are you most excited to see (Or excited to have seen), who will play better (Or who played better), etc.

Jay Cue against Brock Phoenix. Who would have thought it might happen? Well, pretty much everyone that follows the Development Simulation Football League. The Kansas City Coyotes quarterback had a less than stellar season. Last in the league in starting QBs in Passing Yards, managed to throw 12 TD passes, 1 more than the last 2 QBs in the league. Interception wise, he almost got as many as TD passes, with 11, making him last in the league in QB rating. On the other side of the field, we have Jay Cue the Portland Pythons QB, reigning DSFL MVP, that managed to tie the TD Passes record for the second season in a row, with 22. Adding to this, he only got picked 7 times in the regular season and finished the season with a QB rating of 92. So, on one hand, we have a QB that trails the whole league in pretty much every category. On the other hand, the best QB the league has seen since Franklin Armstrong III. Easy match up to predict right? Wrong. Nobody knows how the sim will react when these 2 powerhouses face each other in Portland. So, even though we should expect a Cue domination based on stats, the exact opposite might happen. That is what makes this fun. Or not.

(220 words)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6) Our Time
Written: Why should your team be looked at the favorite to win the Ultimus or Ultimini this season.

After last year, no way in hell the Portland Pythons are losing the Ultimini this time. Still a long way to go, 2 tough games await, but come on.. 2 seasons in a row, after losing the last Ultimini by 1 point after missing some field goals? We have tried with home field advantage and it did not work. Well, let us go with the semi-hardmode, playing at home in the conference final game and probably away in the Ultimini game. If that does not work, we will go hardmode for my last season in the Developmental Simulation Football League, playing away both games.
The Pythons have the best Quarterback and soon to be the 2 time DSFL Most Valuable Player (any other player winning it would be ridiculous, let's face it). They also have the most electrifying offense, with Jake Dropson and Sean O'Leary catching touchdown passes from the GOAT. On the other side of the ball, the defense is able to turn any game on its head, with the rookie Kacey Dream in the headlines, making the job easier for the offense and scarring opponent offensive players.
The Pythons did their homework, everything is set up for great playoff games, but we are confident that this year is ours. It has to be.

(215 words)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10) Rivalries
Written: Write about another team and why they are overrated and why you want them to lose.

We are all fans of the San Antonio Marshalls on this blessed day. And do you really need to ask why? After seeing they play the Suckuana Suckadores in the SFC conference final game? After their lucky break that amazingly keeps going for more than 2 seasons, this is the time that the Marshalls stop this bunch of players from getting to the Ultimini game.
We know they are cheaters. We know they tamper players left and right. We know scorp sucks. We know Jay Cue will win the the DSFL MVP Award for the second time. All things we know for sure.
When i joined this game, I quickly understood the amount of suckiness that comes from the Tijuana side. The thing is, I thought that it would eventually fade. And it did not. But trust me... Even if they (again) manage to bribe the sim engine and beat the Marshalls, they will face the inevitability of defeat when they face the Portland Pythons for the trophy. After last years final, where they lucked their way to a 17-16 win filled with sim bugs and strange referee decisions that always went their way, this time we will take what is rightfully ours. For good. That only thing it will remain in the debris after we finish them is that overwhelming smell of the Tijuana suckiness. That will always be a constant.

(232 words)

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Buttersqauch101 - 11-11-2019

Ultimas Pass