International Simulation Football League
*Thank You Yellowknife - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Thank You Yellowknife (/showthread.php?tid=16395)

Pages: 1 2

*Thank You Yellowknife - PDXBaller - 11-14-2019

Imagine being on one of the best defenses in the NSFL...anchored by an incredible defensive line comprising of a top DT (who ran 96 yards for a touchdown as a prospect), the shadiest DE, and a young promising S18 rookie. A NOT safety/linebacker who’s ‘lightsout’ on the field and a grizzled veteran as your linebacker corp. The best secondary comprising of the top two cornerbacks in the league led by the grittiest defensive playmaker and two young safeties from ‘Norwich’ that strikes fear when they take the field.

I had the privilege and honor to play with one of the most talented teams in my career and it was amazing to come back from being inactive. As many of you know, I had to step away to deal with some medical issues and I’m not 100% yet. Coming back to the league has definitely helped my mental health though (especially through long appointments/treatments) and seeing familiar faces welcome me back was one of the highlights of my life.

I was surprised at how quick @Bigred1580 was willing to sign me given that he already had a young stud in the wings in @hihihi_62. Leonard was kind enough to let me step in as CB2 and I’m grateful that he let an old guy like me start alongside the best cornerback in the league right now in @manicmav36.

We went 11-2 with the best record in the league and had one of the best defenses. Ultimately, we lost to the evil empire, but I’m proud that we managed to get that far and dominate the regular season with such a great group of guys. In the end, it’s all about the journey to the Ultimus and the ring is just icing on the cake. I realize that now after trying to jump a few teams chasing it.

Were we cursed from the start? Was Yellowknife Stadium built on ancient native burial grounds? Who knows...maybe a few corpses were missed during the construction of the stadium. Did our blood ritual sacrifices expire after the regular season and Shady forgot to renew our subscription?!? Maybe Cooter should have spent more time at practice instead of on his boat drinking Bud Light...It’s definitely frustrating to lose in the final game of the championship and I’ve been there a few times as GM in the NSFL and DSFL. Sometimes you’re just one season away from winning it all and you don’t even know it. It’s hard to say in this league (unless you’re the Otters (letting the hate flow through me now)).

So now that free agency is upon us, I was happy to see many familiar faces reach out to me about playing for their team. Just about every GM (except 2) contacted me personally and I had great conversations with all of them. I’m tired of ring chasing and I’ve lost interest in Axel for awhile now and haven’t updated much. I do intend on sticking around for a bit with him while he fights regression for a few more seasons and racks up that sweet sim EXP for kick/punt returns. I am looking for a long term contract that would let me ride out the rest of my career as a starter and gradually stepping down into a backup or NB position.

Although I haven’t made a decision yet, there’s tons of great teams out there that I would be excited to play for as I ride out the rest of Axel’s career. New Orleans has great leadership with @TomHanks and @JuOSu and they look primed to make a good run next season with lots of great picks in the S19 draft. I also think Colorado (yes, you read that right) has a shot with an active locker room and stable leadership in @Frick_Nasty and @Bwestfield. Philadelphia will always be near and dear to my heart, so they are always an immediate top 3 destination for me. Finally, I may also consider returning to Yellowknife depending on how the free agent market turns out. If they manage to keep their defensive squad together and replace the missing pieces on offense I would consider coming back to finish my career there if they’d have me.

So thank you Yellowknife for a great season!

#WraithsNation #LegionOfBoo

Oh and shoutout to my favorite DSFL team! Congrats on winning the Ultimini! Hiss hiss motherslithers!
POR POR POR

*Thank You Yellowknife - Huskies311 - 11-14-2019

POR

*Thank You Yellowknife - iamslm22 - 11-14-2019

PHI PHI PHI

*Thank You Yellowknife - TomHanks - 11-14-2019

NOLA NOLA NOLA NOLA NOLA

*Thank You Yellowknife - Dylandeluxe - 11-14-2019

PHI PHI PHI

*Thank You Yellowknife - SwagSloth - 11-14-2019

Glad to have you back with us, man. I wish you only the best in your continued recovery.

*Thank You Yellowknife - caltroit_red_flames - 11-14-2019

NOLA NOLA NOLA NOLA

*Thank You Yellowknife - ValorX77 - 11-14-2019

This aint tamper city

*Thank You Yellowknife - infinitempg - 11-14-2019

COL COL COL COL COL COL COL COL COL COL

*Thank You Yellowknife - Duilio05 - 11-14-2019

I vote Colorado