International Simulation Football League
*NSFL Draft Prospect - Sean O'Leary - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *NSFL Draft Prospect - Sean O'Leary (/showthread.php?tid=16526)

*NSFL Draft Prospect - Sean O'Leary - Blueline - 11-18-2019

When I came into the Development Simulation Football League I don't think anyone really took notice. Which is totally fine. I am the new guy and I am going to have to earn recognition and the respect of my peers. I will admit, I was quite surprised to see myself fall so far in the draft. But that was more of my pride talking. I couldn't of been happier to be drafted by the Portland Pythons. The only team in the Development Simulation Football League that really showed any genuine interest in my talents. The locker room was exactly what I needed in my rookie season. Being mentored by a guy like Jake Dropson was instrumental in my success. He was always pushing me beyond what I thought my limits were. I saw how hard he worked on and off the field and I wanted to be a part of that. I think when I took my first pass in practice from Jay Cue, I was running a curl route to the inside. I get a good launch off the line and I get my corner back to have to turn and run with me. I get to the top of my route and make a hard a hard cut down and in. The corner back blows the coverage. As my vision is beginning to look back towards Cue, I am hit in the chest and the ball drops incomplete. As I make my way back towards the huddle with my head down, Dropson comes over with a big smile on his face. He says "Don't be too hard on yourself man, I told Cue to hit you with some heat." he says laughing. "Look man, Cue plays a fast game and we know you have the skill and speed to play that way too. He won't wait for you to turn and be ready for passes. He is all about timing and trust with his wide receivers. So next time when you are running your route expect that ball to be thrown with your back to him." Dropson begins to hustle ahead of me back to the huddle.

A few plays later, I find myself with a similar play, but lined up on the opposite side of the field against Kacey Dream. He sees me smiling and says "What's so funny rook?" and with a quick reply I say "Well the fact that they think you can cover me.....rook!". We give each other big smiles as the center snaps the ball to Cue. Dream is playing me physical in the first 5 yards but I manage to break free. He turns effortlessly and runs stride for stride with me. I hit the top of my route and make a hard cut outside for a slant. Dream doesn't bite and continues stride for stride. Cue dishes the ball to my back left shoulder. I bring it in just in time before Dream hauls me down for a 12 yard gain. We both pop up quick as to not be the last one still on the ground. Dream says "Hell of a catch man! You won't be so lucky next time." I give him a smirk and ran back into the huddle. I actually didn't say anything because the only reason I made that catch was because of how well placed that ball was thrown by Cue. Had it not been exactly where it was, Dream breaks it up and laughs in my face.

I learned just how good my teammates were early on in practice. And getting to go up against a guy like Dream in practice and receive laser beam passes without warning from Cue. I was being thrown to the wolves. Trial by fire if you will. This was exactly the type of training environment I needed to take my game to an elite level.

The Portland Pythons would finish the season 11 - 3 and win the NFC North division. I personally had a tremendous rookie season. Looking back on it, I think most would not even give me a look for rookie of the year. But what they need to take into consideration is that I did all that while the number two receiver behind Jake Dropson. My season total would see me playing in all 14 games, with only 58 receptions for a total of 795 yards. That comes out to an average of 13.7 yards a reception. I had a long of 37 and led all DSFL wide receivers in touchdowns with 9 as a rookie.

In the first round of the playoffs we would face off against the Kansas City Coyotes. A team that ended the regular season 7 - 7. We would come out strong in the first half scoring 21 points and holding them to just 3 points. The second half their offense would get going, but we would hold and win. I would have a monster game, making 5 receptions for a total of 49 yards. An average of 9.8 and a long of 30 yards. And a 2 touchdowns. Crazy to think in my rookie season, I would be playing in the championship game. The San Antonio Marshals would pull off the upset, beating the Tijuana Luchadores 17 - 10 to face us. Home field advantage is ours and we are going to make the most of it. The game would be close at the half, but we would add another 10 points in the second half and limiting the San Antonio Marshals to just 3 points. I would finish that game with 4 receptions for a total of 68 yards. An average of 17 yards and a long of 29 yards. Unfortunately I would not find the end zone. As the final seconds tick off the game clock we storm the field. Laughing, smiling, crying. You name it, we probably did it. The feeling was surreal to be where I was in that moment after all the uncertainty I felt during the draft. I was on cloud nine and no one was going to be bringing me back down anytime soon. We celebrated through the night and I am sure we all woke up still hung over, but who cares. WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS AND DAMN DOES IT FEEL GOOD!
Code:
1052 Words

*NSFL Draft Prospect - Sean O'Leary - scorycory - 11-18-2019

Hell yeah, making each other better all the time!
Gotta love that competition and that championship POR POR POR

*NSFL Draft Prospect - Sean O'Leary - Opera_Phantom - 11-18-2019

Cue brought the heat alright!

*NSFL Draft Prospect - Sean O'Leary - SabaDonutMan - 11-18-2019

Hiss Hiss, So happy we were able to snag you in the draft.
POR POR POR POR