International Simulation Football League
*The Frabby Four - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The Frabby Four (/showthread.php?tid=16571)

*The Frabby Four - Sermokala - 11-20-2019

I want to add a disclaimer at the top here. I don't hold any hard feelings towards any Gm's for not picking me when they could have. I totally understand the math and the reasons why. I made a poor first impression on some people and that has resulted in a bad reputation in some circles. I'm not looking for any drama and I just want to move on and me my real self.

So when did you think you were going to go?

Honestly bottom first if things were chaos or at the least top second. I had heard rumblings from ironside during the season about my draft stock being higher then what I was really expecting. I was joking with Francy about my draft stock and how we were the best linemen in the league about whose "draft stock" was larger. We were so filled with hope and no one in the room was happier than me to see him win the award for best d-lineman in the DSFL that year. He came to me afterward that he was going to spend the next year in the DSFL as he thought he needed another year of development and that he wanted to bring the title to san Antonio. That I was by far the best Defensive end in the draft and he told me that a few mock drafts had me in otter orange in the first, that I was the best defensive end going into the draft. That was when I looked at the field for the first and let my hopes really go. Despite better athletes, I was the only real Defensive end in a draft that was heavily valuing D-linemen. My mom got really excited when I told her I wanted to have the party at our home with all my friends and agent. She was confused at first but afterwords my dad told me about the conversation he had with her when he told her I wanted to have it on the first day of the draft when the first round was picked. That's.... That when everything just got worse.

Do you have anything you'd think you'd want to change about this whole process?

Well, that's just the thing, no one ever really tells you what went wrong. I heard all this talk about my draft stock and how much people valued my position Hall deciding he was going to switch to Defensive end was a really controversial move especially in the D-lineman community. Having an offensive guy just decide to pick up being a defensive end was a slight against our egos. But people really understood the decision. The draft needed a superstar to go early or the early first round was going to be chaos with people wanting to trade down but not that far. His choice to positon switch saved almost everyone from a lot of stress that night, Almost everyone.

Going up to the draft night was miserable for me. I trained hard every day with a verity of different guys in the draft. But the phone calls from GM's never came. The phone calls from scouts were never returned. I heard about all these other guys in the drafts about their interviews and speculation with them about where they were going to go but it got worse for me as time went on that it just never happened for me. The only people I talked with ironically was my old coach from san Antonio. He told me that it didn't matter as he knew, so I should know, that I was ready to perform at a top-level in the NSFL. Made keep working in the offseason if it didn't help make me feel better. The night of the draft through all of this was forgotten. Everything was forgotten and the group text most of the rookies had was pretty lively.

So Bring me through the draft that night pick by pick.

Well, Bjorn went first overall that wasn't a surprise. He ended up with 28 tackles I think and five sacks. A good season but I don't think he was really happy with it. He got focused on a lot as first overall and received a lot of chip blocks and tape time probably. I remember that he had some weird paperwork snafu that kept going throughout the year. Despite being the first overall pick the head office had some clerk that just refused to certify him as a rookie. It kept on as an inside joke but got really strange as time went on. He wasn't on track really for any awards but people thought he might go on a tear at the end of the year and it becomes a thing. Never really found out what happened there. He was a great guy in that offseason, probably told the boys a bit more than he should have about what the gms were telling him but I mean its Bjorn. He was going first overall no matter what.

Next was Zach hall going second to the liberty. Or to liberty, I don't really know how they want us to say it but when they win the title they can correct us all on this. (Fabricio laughs in the background at this) He ended up having a season a lot like Bjorn but an extra tackle and an extra sack. He showed a lot of promise but made some mistakes and didn't seem to have his entire focus on the game. He's going to be a beast in a few years but the first just wasn't his year.

If anyone really had a reason to be mad about the Zach attack as it came it be known in some circles its Maurcie Virtanen. Maurcie was the Linebacker version of Bjorn but with how much a defensive line Nola needed Maurice was expected to go number two. That was until Zach fixed the draft and slipped into second. Maurice played this year at defensive end, not a switch but a way to stopgap that position for the year. Maurice is the bluest chip trade asset in the league right now and the wraiths are just waiting for that investment to pay off like nothing else. They really couldn't just leave that up there. He ended up with six sacks two TFL's and 20 tackles. Good but I think he was always hoping he would be taking that step back and being more dynamic on the field.

I lost hope then that I would be drafted in the first. It was fairly obvious that after zona traded into the first that other players were going to be drafted. There was always a chance that the chaos that people were expecting would come and some crazy trades would happen. It was a good first night at least and as the draft closed its first day everything was fine.

I heard that the second day your party was nearly rained out was that a sign of things to come?

It dampened everyone's spirits, yeah but the TV and my phone charger were always dry. The alcohol and pizza flowed as the day went on. My mom got really anxious, She roars and paces around a lot when she gets emotional being from the Yukon area. My dad was hopeful but he seemed like he'd be more happy out on his own.

The party much have gotten pretty rough with the atmosphere and the weather that day I bet?

It wasn't good no. It started fine with the receivers going off the board that would have been first rounders in any other season. But then players that were going to be sent down started getting drafted and third or fourth bench players were going out. I knew I was a starter ready to just go out on the field at that point. My training and my stats in the DSFL should have said that to everyone for me. Jay cue is going to be a star but that's when things started to fall apart at my party. My mom and dad didn't really understand much and they were really confused and frustrated that their boy wasn't being drafted yet over players that weren't going to be playing for their team that year. Steco being traded up for really sent everyone off. He went last in the second for arizona and was switching for that pick. He ended up with 25 tackles and 9 TFL's but no sacks. He was also on my team in the DSFL. My mom started shouting that people didn't want me because I was a bear. My dad took it harder though and just walked away at that point.

We were talking about your dad earlier tell me more about that.

My dad really took it hard because he felt that he failed me and made a huge mistake. See back in the day out of college I was just going to go back into the family business and settle down. I had found a nice lady bear and I knew my dad would show me a large swath of territory for me to manage to make things easier for him in his old age. When I played my last game for Minnesota though he took me aside and told me not to just end it there. He told me that some DSFL scouts were there and they were really interested in me. He knew how much I enjoyed football and that I should go after it while I could. We really went at it after that. We didn't have any money for the draft and I was out of college for good so I had to work out at the home on things just lying around. Personally, that was a mistake but I was, or I thought I was having a great time. My girlfriend wasn't interested in me trying to go out for the DSFL and left pretty soon after that. The work my dad put in gave him some health problems that he didn't tell me about until it was too late. I didn't have time for friends with all the prep work I was putting in for the prospect bowl so I got pretty lonely, but I kept busy so I didn't even notice that. That's probably why I'll always love SA so much. It was just like that summer but filled with so many people just like me and with so much hope for the future. Steco's my bro though get that cheddar boy.

So after the second round I broke the party up. It was already pretty wet and it was getting windy so things were pretty cold, plus I didn't want to have my friends near a pair of angry bears. We moved to the local bar as the third round started but I wasn't really paying attention at that point. I was talking around the parking lot thinking if I even wanted to play football anymore at that point. It was then I got the phone call.

You mean THE phonecall?

Kinda wait until you hear the story on this. I had no idea what was going on really. It was my head coach in SA Dullio and I thought he was just wanting to talk about the whole thing. He asked me how it was going and I just vented on him a bit about other GM's. He said it was odd but he was sorry that he didn't really want many eyes on me because he was hoping to get me in his new team. I realized I had never asked him what team he was going to and felt really bad. I asked him when he was drafting next and he said the team was on the clock. I told him good luck and that I'd leave him to make the phone call to whoever he was drafting and hung up completely oblivious. He immediately called me back and told me that said that he was running out of time on the pick and wanted to know if I knew for any reason why no one had picked me yet. I said I had no idea and that I was fully ready to play at the top of the league. He asked me If I wanted to join him in Baltimore then and I said "yeah if I could". He told me to walk back in and see what happens. I walked back into the bar and watched my name get called on the television. I ended up being picked 25th in the middle of the third round. The fourth defensive lineman picked. I would end up at the top of the defensive linemen with 32 tackles 9 TFLs and 4 sacks. A few statistical anomalies where I got a few tackles on the line of scrimmage away from being at the top of D-linemen overall.

I want to make a mention here Franchet was drafed two spots after me and was the DSFL D-lineman of the year. He's got to get his physical build sorted out but he's a huge gamer and going to be a beast if the liberty gets behind him like they should. He's got a bigger heart and cares more than anyone else in the draft, keep your eye on that guy.

The season in Baltimore was everything I could have hoped for. They gave me a warehouse on the docks that I renovated into a mansion with easy access to a daily swim in the bay before getting a great breakfast on the first fish of the day to come into the harbor. Flying on planes to games instead of riding the bus in the DSFL was great, having physios staff map my entire workout for me and a nutritionist to map out my meals took a lot of work off my plate so I could focus on myself and my game. The results may have been hard at times but even the way that everyone stepped it up for the playoffs made everything worth it. I'll probably lose DROY to Peter parker but the whole year was worth it.

*The Frabby Four - Huskies311 - 11-20-2019

I’m really glad you’re in Baltimore with us

*The Frabby Four - Duilio05 - 11-21-2019

Awesome read dude. Really awesome. I glad you're a Hawk with me.

*The Frabby Four - IsaStarcrossed - 11-21-2019

Awesome job on this, dude. I still think it was a crime you fell so far!