International Simulation Football League
End of Season Awards - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: End of Season Awards (/showthread.php?tid=1658)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

End of Season Awards - White Cornerback - 06-30-2017

As we approach the end of season one, some of the awards that I would love to see are:
(Individual Awards)
NSFL Coach of the Year (in the future name it after the 1st coach who makes the NSFL HOF)
NSFL MVP (no ideas for trophy name)
NSFC/ASFC OPOY
NSFC/ASFC DPOY
NSFL ROY (waiver players not eligible as they are not "true rookies")
NSFC/ASFC OROY (waiver players not eligible)
NSFC/ASFC DROY (waiver players not eligible)
NSFC MIP/CPOY (Most improved player/no season 1 winner obviously)
NSFC/ASFC BEST QB (seeing how we have limited teams this may be just a league wide award as opposed to a conference award)
NSFC/ASFC BEST RB
NSFC/ASFC BEST FB????
NSFC/ASFC BEST WR
NSFC/ASFC BEST TE
NSFC/ASFC BEST OL/LT,LG,C,RG,RT (5 awards instead of 1)
NSFC/ASFC BEST DL/LE,RE,DT
NSFC/ASFC BEST LB/MLB,ROLB,LOLB
NSFC/ASFC BEST CB
NSFC/ASFC BEST FS
NSFC/ASFC BEST SS
NSFC/ASFC BEST K
NSFC/ASFC BEST P

NSFL FPOY (Fantasy player of the year/ties in with the fantasy football but would have to change as I believe no defensive player could win it due to how you guys select a teams defense, not individual players)
NSFL PLAY OF THE YEAR (found using the play by play of each game whether it be a hail Mary pass or stopping a team on your 1 yard line with 40 seconds left but they cant run a play in time)
NSFL Service to the League Award (is given to a single member of the league who has put in countless hours to help the league, may be anybody from a banker to a grader etc, i couldn't think of a better name for it)
NSFL WPOY (waiver player of the year, given to the best waiver player who will enter the following draft but has performed well in their "pre rookie year" may be changed to NSFL OWPOY and DWPOY or NSFC WPOY AND ASFC WPOY)

(Team Awards)
Obviously excluding the NSFL winner and NSFC/ASFC trophies.

PRO BOWL (occurs during the offseason as opposed to before the superbowl) (NSFL finalist coaches coach either the NSFC or ASFC team, team is selected using votes from GM's, stats during the season and a public vote/could link into Noble's top 50 thingy)
- would consist of official NFL roster count/altered for the NSFL (3X QB.RB,OT,OG,DE,DT,OLB, 4X CB,WR, 2X TE,C,ILB,FS, 1X SS,FB.KR,PR,K,P

ALL PRO TEAM (similar to above but wouldn't consist of a fan vote, it would be decided by stricltly regular season stats ONLY, consists of a 1st and 2nd team , again a copy of the NFL/ which would be altered to the NSFL roster,. There's 1696 players in the NFL (53 players on a roster x 32 teams), in the NSFL, there's roughly 40?? players on a roster X 6 teams = 240 players. (73 players make either the first or second all pro team in the nfl (exclude longsnappers) (That's 4.3% of the league). 4.3% of the NSFL would only be 10 players. I have no idea how this would be altered for us but I'm sure somebody could figure it out. Same applies to the Pro Bowl above.

Please leave suggestions/corrections at the bottom and I will update my list with them.

End of Season Awards - WinstonKodogo - 06-30-2017

Each position award should be reanamed to the first player in each to get to the HOF.

End of Season Awards - Admin - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 02:51 PM)WinstonKodogo Wrote:Each position award should be reanamed to the first player in each to get to the HOF.
Were currently discussing awards in the HO and have been talking about not having a "Top" award for each position because we will already have the All Pro teams to show who the best players are. Something like 1st and 2nd team all pro I was thinking.

End of Season Awards - dropbear - 06-30-2017

(07-01-2017, 07:51 AM)WinstonKodogo Wrote:Each position award should be reanamed to the first player in each to get to the HOF.

I love this idea. And I definitely think there should be positional awards as well as just pro bowl

(06-30-2017, 03:08 PM)BenLongshaw Wrote:I love this idea. And I definitely think there should be positional awards as well as just pro bowl
Would that be incentive to retire early if you've got a HOF career? That's tough because we could have two players at the same position who are gonna go to the hall and then the one who retires first gets the award named after them. Or what if two guy at the same position go into the hall in the first HOF ceremony?

End of Season Awards - dropbear - 06-30-2017

(07-01-2017, 08:17 AM)Ballerstorm Wrote:Would that be incentive to retire early if you've got a HOF career? That's tough because we could have two players at the same position who are gonna go to the hall and then the one who retires first gets the award named after them. Or what if two guy at the same position go into the hall in the first HOF ceremony?

Maybe it shouldn't be named until all S1 players have retired? Then we enter All HOF guys into a ballot and the community votes for the award name?

End of Season Awards - Jogn - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 02:17 PM)Ballerstorm Wrote:Would that be incentive to retire early if you've got a HOF career? That's tough because we could have two players at the same position who are gonna go to the hall and then the one who retires first gets the award named after them. Or what if two guy at the same position go into the hall in the first HOF ceremony?

I don't actually mind this idea - it's like an interesting trade off between retiring to get your name on an award (you might do it too early to be worth being in the HOF) and keeping your good player who is guaranteed to make monster plays. I think it'll also reduce the number of legacy dudes with huge amounts of TPE - the most intimidating time to join seems like it would be around Season 3 or 4, when there's this huge cohort of dudes with monster TPE numbers.

End of Season Awards - Stormblessed - 06-30-2017

I'm still a little confused as to why we don't get any TPE when we retire our players. Makes me sad.

End of Season Awards - SimmerDownBruhh - 06-30-2017

I think there should be Best Positional award group because some players will have very little to no chance of getting anything and I still feel that some more recognition would be great for those guys. Let the trophies stack up a bit! ��

That and I see myself winning multiple Best TE trophies in my future. ��

(06-30-2017, 03:54 PM)SimmerDownBruhh Wrote:I think there should be Best Positional award group because some players will have very little to no chance of getting anything and I still feel that some more recognition would be great for those guys. Let the trophies stack up a bit! ??

That and I see myself winning multiple Best TE trophies in my future. ??
But would that be much different than being named first team all pro multiple times?