International Simulation Football League
*Path to the Draft- WR Randy Vuxta-Draft Day DSFL - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Path to the Draft- WR Randy Vuxta-Draft Day DSFL (/showthread.php?tid=16722)

*Path to the Draft- WR Randy Vuxta-Draft Day DSFL - roastfuego - 11-26-2019

Draft day. The single most important day of a young prospects career. The day you find out where you are going to call home for the next season, maybe two.You wait anxiously for your named to be called, nervous with every pick.

Randy's story starts hours before his pick was in. At 8 A.M. Randy was flown out to [REDACTED] as he was extended an invitation to the DSFL Draft, as he was informed that he was a top prospect. Randy got his suit ready for the draft, went and worked out then went to dinner with his family.

At 7:30 P.M., Randy showed up to the drafft hall in his suit. After saying hello to his fellow rookies Darnell Williams and Dre Uzond, Randy took his seat at Table 3, the wide receivers table. On his left Tash Thompson, flashy receiver with envious speed. On his right, Jah Bur'Berry, a WR with some DSFL experience. 'Both of these prospects will go before me, but I am okay with that' Randy thought.

At 7:55 Randy received a phone call from his agent, David.

"Ok so right now we have you pegged going 12th or 13th," David said.

Randy checked his mock draft. 12th: Portland. 13th: Myrtle Beach. Randy knew Portland would not take him. His interview with their GM was not his best, as he felt he was only scouted as a second mention. Besides, Portland would probably take Bur'Berry. Now Myrtle Beach would be a good fit. 'But there color combination is so bad' Randy thought. Still, would not mind staying in a warm climate. Minnesota might be too cold for me.

At 8:05, the first pick was traded away. Randy dismissed this, knowing he would not go first overall.

'It's going to be Williams and he deserves it' Randy thought.

And Williams was selected by the Grey Goose. But then entering the next pick there was another trade. Portland traded for Myrtle beaches pick 13, then traded that away in a deal for Tijuana's 2nd overall pick. Tijuana now had pick 13. Exactly where Randy wanted to be, and where he thought he would go. He had a great interview with both of Tijuana GMs, where elsewhere he had only spoken to one GM.

'As long as they do not take a WR before 13 I should be fine' Randy thought. Randy was extremely interested in Tijuana pick 4 and 6. With the fourth they selected Kyle Idlewyld, a player Randy saw as extremely dominant.

The Grey Goose were up next, and Randy received a text from his agent that the Grey Goose might make a trade back with MB to select Randy at 10. Randy would love to also play for the Grey Goose. Their uniforms look great, plus being a player for a new team could be great for marketing.

The Grey Goose did not trade back, instead taking LB Thor Kirkby, which was a fantastic name for a fantastic pick.

Tijuana was on the clock next. Randy sat back, comfortable that this pick would be used on a defensive selection. Randy was just waiting his time to be selected at 13 when his phone started buzzing. 'What does David want now?' Randy thought.

"What you got for me David," Randy asked. Except the voice speaking back was not David. It was a voice Randy had heard a couple days before, in an office. This was the voice of the Tijuana GM.

"What I got for you is a spot on our roster. Welcome to the team!"

All of a sudden Randy heard his name called and was ushered onto the stage. Randy walked over, shook the commissioners hand, posed for a photo, and quickly snatched his Tijuana hat!

'SIX! Pick number six! This will be the only time I am excited about a PICSIX!' Randy thought.

Unlike other rookies, who went into the green room to begin advertising their new team, Randy waited by the entrance. He was waiting for one name to be called, hoping it would be for pick number 13.

"With the 12th pick in the DSFL draft, the Portland Pythons select Dre Uzond..."

As Dre headed back to the room, Randy ran up to congratulate him, but also to warn him to watch out over the next season when they go head to head. Randy then headed into the green room to talk with his other rookie selections, meet his new QB and send a quick thank you text to his mentor Sweet James-Jones.

After the draft concluded, Randy went back home, packed up his bags and boarded a plane to his new team. As Randy's plane touched down (hahaha touchdown), he was learning basic Spanish from watching episodes of Dora the Explorer. 'I should've payed more attention in Mrs. Jensen's class' he thought.

As he arrived at the training facility, he took his first step inside while thinking 'Here we go!'

*Path to the Draft- WR Randy Vuxta-Draft Day DSFL - Dylandeluxe - 11-26-2019

TIJ TIJ TIJ

*Path to the Draft- WR Randy Vuxta-Draft Day DSFL - goodfortunecoffee - 11-26-2019

Happy to have you man!