International Simulation Football League
Freaks of Nature: Strongest Leg in the League - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Freaks of Nature: Strongest Leg in the League (/showthread.php?tid=1677)

Freaks of Nature: Strongest Leg in the League - HENDRIX - 07-01-2017

“Freaks of Nature: Strongest Leg in the League” - $500,000 bonus; additional $300,000 bonus for interview with player - min 300 words - July 7

If you follow sports at all then you must have heard of Cristiano Ronaldo. He's a Portuguese superstar soccer player, probably the best in the world. He has dominated European club football and has ventured to the USA to take up punting in the NSFL. He was picked up on the waiver wire and currently punts for Orange County Otters. He will be the best special teamer available in the season two draft. Impressively, he already has the strongest leg in the league at 81 overall. I was lucky enough to sit down with Cristiano and ask a few questions:

-You have made millions in Europe and were the best soccer player in the world. What was the motivation coming to the USA and becoming a punter?

I've already received every major individual soccer award possible. I had two things that drove me to American style football. One I was searching for a new adventure, a new challenge to test myself. Two I wanted to try to learn a new level of kicking that may translate to football to help my nation win a World Cup.

-When you're not kicking balls to the moon, what do you like to do in your free time?

Between American football and football. I don't have much free time. I am often in the gym exercising. I also enjoy cooking almost all of my meals. The rest of my time I spend trying to give back to others. I donate blood weekly and work with several charity groups worldwide.

-You obviously have a soccer background. Has it helped in your transition becoming a punter?

I can't say that my football background hasn't helped punting some. There are some same muscles used in both sports but for the most part, the kicking style and motion is very different. My biggest advantage has been familiarity with competitiveness at the highest level and of course the aspects of dealing with fame, teammates, and the rigorous athlete schedule.

-Which current/former NFL punter has influenced your game the most?

I would probably have to say my favorite guy in the NFL right now is Marquette King. The dude just has that swag man. He has an attitude like a real cool guy and he can really put the ball up there.

-What skill/area would you like to see the most improvement out of yourself?

I just want to keep getting stronger. My goal is to lead the league in punting average next season after I am drafted.

-What are your long term goals?

My long term goals are to win an Ultimus Cup and win a World Cup. That is all I want to achieve before my days as a pro athlete end.

-How hard was the decision to give up soccer?

I did not give up football, I just decided to become a two sport athlete. I will continue to participate in both sports.

-Do you think punters get enough respect around the league?

No. Punters are extremely valuable to teams, especially with the defensive orientation of many teams in the National Simulation Football League. The field position advantage of a good punter is important.

Just about every athlete out there sticks to the sport they know best. With Cristiano, he's taking up an entirely new challenge. I think that is a very admirable act. Competing in two professional sports at the highest levels has to be a tough task. If his commitment to punting is anywhere close to what he has for soccer, it will only be a matter of time before he evolves into an elite special teams weapon. Expect him to be the first special teams player taken off the board next draft.

Code:
618 words

Freaks of Nature: Strongest Leg in the League - deadendpath27 - 07-02-2017

This was a fun read, good stuff man - punters need more love!

Freaks of Nature: Strongest Leg in the League - Noble - 07-02-2017

Woooh! A kicker and punter article Smile Need to see more of theses tbh

Freaks of Nature: Strongest Leg in the League - Jiggly_333 - 07-11-2017

Graded

Word Count: 618
Bonus Tier: $400k

Extra Bonus: $800k

Total Payout: $1.818M