International Simulation Football League
*Playoffs Hopes and Dreams Update - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Playoffs Hopes and Dreams Update (/showthread.php?tid=17001)

*Playoffs Hopes and Dreams Update - IsaStarcrossed - 12-18-2019

One more game in the books and another team has locked in playoffs! Here is your update.

ASFC

Otters:

Playoff Status: Locked in.

ASFC 1st Seed: Locked in by virtue of Option 1. Win a single game.

NSFL Seeding: But what do they need to lock in the Ultimus homefield?

Option 1: The obvious path is simply win two of their remaining four games. At 11-2, no one else will be able to match them in record.
Finish 2-1

Option 2: Beat YKW in week 12. This would put them at 10-3 at worst, meaning the Hawks could potentially tie in total record, but OCO would have the head to head.
Finish 1-2
Beat YKW

Option 3: OCO loses out, but Baltimore drops one game and YKW loses two. For OCO to lose out, they’d need to lose to YKW which would give YKW the head to head. For that reason, if OCO were to lose out the only game YKW would be allowed to win is against OCO themselves. OCO would have tie breaker over Baltimore.
Finish 0-3
Hawks 2-1
YKW 1-2

Second Line:

Playoff Status: Locked in by virtue of Option 4.

Option 4: Win any single game with SJS losing one game. Due to conference record, should SJS go 3-1 they’ll tie with New Orleans who will beat them out for the playoff spot.
Finish 1-3
SJS 3-1

Outlaws:

Playoff Status: In the hunt.

Option 1: With SJS losing, Arizona now only needs to win two games to get a guaranteed spot.
Finish 2-1

Option 2: Now that they are one game up and have the head to head, if SJS drops a single game Arizona only will need one more win to make it through.
Finish 1-2
SJS 2-1

Option 3: Arizona can technically do nothing and still make it provided they get help from SJS and Austin.
Finish 0-3
SJS 1-2
Austin 2-1

Sabercats

Playoff Status: In the hunt, but do not control their fate.

Option 1: Finish the season 3-0 with Arizona losing two or more games.
Finish 3-0
Arizona 1-2

Option 2: By dropping a single game, suddenly they need Arizona to completely drop the rest of their season. Pray they don't even show up to the stadium at this point.
Finish 2-1
Arizona 0-3

Copperheads

Playoff Status: Hanging by a thread. Sim gods have mercy on their souls.

Option 1: The only way Austin now makes it in is if they win out with Arizona losing out and SJS winning 1 game or less.
Finish 3-0
Arizona 0-3
SJS 1-2

NSFC

Wraiths

Playoff Status: Nearly locked. NSFC is still pretty much all chaos but things have become a little more clear. YKW still has the head to head over the Yeti though.

Option 1: Just win a game. By winning a single game, Colorado can only tie and will lose out in the head to head.
Finish 1-2

Option 2: Colorado loses a single game. This scenario makes it to where at best they can tie with YKW who would win on tie breakers.
Finish 0-3
Yeti 2-1

Option 3: Philadelphia drop two games. In this scenario, the Liberty will no longer be able to tie with YKW so their head to head does not come into effect.
Finish 0-3
Liberty 1-2

Hawks

Playoff Status: In the hunt. By beating the Yeti, the Hawks have improved their situation dramatically as they now have the head to head and conference tie breaker over Colorado.

Option 1: Win a single game. Just like YKW, by winning one game the Yeti can only tie with Baltimore and lose out due to head to head.
Finish 1-2

Option 2: With the situation as is, they can drop a game and still make it. They just need Colorado to drop a single game.
Finish 0-3
Yeti 2-1

Option 3: Should they drop all their games and the Yeti win out, they'll need to either beat Philadelphia or hope Philadelphia drops their other two games.
Finish 0-3
Yeti 3-0
Beat Liberty or Liberty 1-2

Yeti:

Playoff Status: In the hunt with options significantly narrowed. They have the head to head over Philadelphia at least which does them a ton of favors.

Option 1: Win out. Because they have the head to head over Philadelphia and Philadelphia also lost their last game, even if both teams went 3-0, the Yeti would slip in past the Liberty for the third spot.
Finish 3-0

Option 2: Due to losing to Baltimore, they can no longer improve their conference record. They now need some help to make it in should they drop a game. They can no longer compete with YKW or Baltimore and need to rely on the Liberty also dropping a game. This now goes all the way down the board.
Finish 2-1, 1-1, or 0-3
Liberty 2-1, 1-2, or 0-3
(records must match)

Liberty

Playoff Status: Rough. They need some help, but unfortunately for them due to Baltimore winning against Colorado, they can no longer match Baltimore's conference record. They do still have head to head over the Wraiths though!

Option 1: Even if they were to win out, the Liberty will need some help. They need losses on the board for every other potential playoff team to slip in.
Finish 3-0
Wraiths 1-2, Hawks 0-3, or Yeti 2-1

Option 2: By dropping one game, they would no longer be able to compete with Baltimore. They still have some options with help from YKW or Colorado though!
Finish 2-1
Wraiths 0-3 or Yeti 1-2

Option 3: Should this team drop two games, they need a complete collapse by Colorado to make it in.
Finish 1-3
Yeti 0-3

Butchers

Playoff Status: Eliminated.

Current Standings:

ASFC
1. OCO locked
3. NOLA locked (Can mvoe to 2nd)

Hunting:
ARI
SJS
AUS

NSFC

Hunting:
YKW
BAL
COL
PHI

*Playoffs Hopes and Dreams Update - AdamS - 12-18-2019

it would actually be the opposite of sim mercy for us to make the playoffs now

*Playoffs Hopes and Dreams Update - br0_0ker - 12-19-2019

YKW 7-3 "nearly locked"
BAL 7-3 "in the hunt"

And yet, in scenarios are basically the same in Options 1 and 2.

I see the sim isn't the only thing biased against Baltimore.

e: oh yea and our conference record is better by half a game too. Losing to a flukey last 6 second TD in a head-to-head makes you clearly inferior I guess...

*Playoffs Hopes and Dreams Update - IsaStarcrossed - 12-19-2019

(12-19-2019, 09:56 AM)steelsound Wrote:YKW 7-3 "nearly locked"
BAL 7-3 "in the hunt"

And yet, in scenarios are basically the same in Options 1 and 2.

I see the sim isn't the only thing biased against Baltimore.

e: oh yea and our conference record is better by half a game too. Losing to a flukey last 6 second TD in a head-to-head makes you clearly inferior I guess...

The problem being that the Hawks currently lose the head to head against YKW. In ALL tiebreaker scenarios, head to head is the first tie breaker considered. Conference record comes second. It doesn't matter if you guys go 6-2 in the conference, if your record ties with YKW, they still edge you out because of head to head. It isn't bias, it's numbers.

(12-19-2019, 08:05 AM)IsaStarcrossed Wrote:The problem being that the Hawks currently lose the head to head against YKW. In ALL tiebreaker scenarios, head to head is the first tie breaker considered. Conference record comes second. It doesn't matter if you guys go 6-2 in the conference, if your record ties with YKW, they still edge you out because of head to head. It isn't bias, it's numbers.

Too bad the top 4 teams don't make the playoffs or anything. And being 5 games up with 4 weeks to go definitely isn't a lock for being one of those 4 teams...definitely just "in the hunt"... the disrespect man.

It's ok though, we thrive on disrespect and being the underdogs.

(12-19-2019, 11:07 AM)steelsound Wrote:Too bad the top 4 teams don't make the playoffs or anything. And being 5 games up with 4 weeks to go definitely isn't a lock for being one of those 4 teams...definitely just "in the hunt"... the disrespect man.

It's ok though, we thrive on disrespect and being the underdogs.

Top 4 don't make the playoffs. Only top 3. The number 1 team in each conference gets a bye week. Should they 'lose' in the first round, it gets resimmed until they win. So there are only three spots, bud.

(12-19-2019, 09:25 AM)IsaStarcrossed Wrote:Top 4 don't make the playoffs. Only top 3. The number 1 team in each conference gets a bye week. Should they 'lose' in the first round, it gets resimmed until they win. So there are only three spots, bud.

Oh yea, forgot about the honorary playoff spot.

Well, uh, good thing the Wraiths don't face the 9-1 Otters week 12 and we get SJS that week! There's no chance they don't win out the rest of the season, right? 10-3 YKW, #1 NSFC seed, book it.

Also, considering we'd have to lose out and both COL and Philly would need to win out (or win 2/3 with a ton of help) I'd say that's a lot more than just "in the hunt", much more "nearly locked" considering with 1 win, we are locked. With Yeti or Philly we currently have head-to-head over both of them (and seal the playoffs with a win against Philly tomorrow).

The disrespect... smh, bud.

(12-19-2019, 11:43 AM)steelsound Wrote:Oh yea, forgot about the honorary playoff spot.

Well, uh, good thing the Wraiths don't face the 9-1 Otters week 12 and we get SJS that week! There's no chance they don't win out the rest of the season, right? 10-3 YKW, #1 NSFC seed, book it.

Also, considering we'd have to lose out and both COL and Philly would need to win out (or win 2/3 with a ton of help) I'd say that's a lot more than just "in the hunt", much more "nearly locked" considering with 1 win, we are locked. With Yeti or Philly we currently have head-to-head over both of them (and seal the playoffs with a win against Philly tomorrow).

The disrespect... smh, bud.

Haha. I'll give you that. Entirely fair. I've been mostly just poking at it, but I didn't mean to slight Baltimore at all. Honestly I was half asleep when I threw this together after the games last night and my brain didn't update that the Hawks were as close to a lock as they are. The truth is, the top three are basically locked and Philly is desperately hoping for help to get in!

(12-19-2019, 09:58 AM)IsaStarcrossed Wrote:Haha. I'll give you that. Entirely fair. I've been mostly just poking at it, but I didn't mean to slight Baltimore at all. Honestly I was half asleep when I threw this together after the games last night and my brain didn't update that the Hawks were as close to a lock as they are. The truth is, the top three are basically locked and Philly is desperately hoping for help to get in!

No, it was intentional and entirely a slight and we will use it to propel us to victory!

... the disrespect smh