International Simulation Football League
Change Predictions - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: Change Predictions (/showthread.php?tid=17006)

Pages: 1 2 3

Change Predictions - Shadowz - 12-19-2019

Why can't predictions just be once a week for all the games? I feel like users should be able to go on once a week to get all of their PTs done if they so choose, rather than be penalized for not checking the site every other hour if a thread is up.

I find it hard to believe that people have a legitimate argument for the current employed method being "best practice," outside of saying that it's always been done this way.

Change Predictions - Mavfatha - 12-19-2019

It hasn't always been done this way, but the intention is to encourage site activity more than once per week

(12-19-2019, 09:39 AM)Mavfatha Wrote:It hasn't always been done this way, but the intention is to encourage site activity more than once per week

I get that but at the same time, I highly doubt that it promotes meaningful activity. I mean the real basis of completing predictions is copy pasting someone else's for the most part. Just seems to be an inconvenience for what is likely a negligible difference. Just my opinion again, but I think it's logical to say that yeah it forces people to go on the site more, but does that actually mean more "activity," I don't really think so. (Unless of course the activity being looked for is measured in terms of site visits)

Change Predictions - Raven - 12-19-2019

There's been debate about this before. I belive we should do it on a weekly basis, heck seasonally, but people don't want it because it'd 'kill' activity

(12-19-2019, 10:03 AM)Raven Wrote:There's been debate about this before. I belive we should do it on a weekly basis, heck seasonally, but people don't want it because it'd 'kill' activity

Its all speculation, but what percent of people do you think perform a "follow-up" action (creating/commenting on media, discussion threads, etc.) after visiting the site strictly to do predictions? Like 10%?

Change Predictions - YoungTB - 12-19-2019

The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for doing predictions.

Change Predictions - IsaStarcrossed - 12-19-2019

I like the current system based off of theory. In theory by doing it through the week, you get more people visiting and by visiting there is a potential to get them more involved than just doing the predictions.

In practice, it doesn't really work because people just pop in, copy someone else, and leave. Its nothing more than an inconvenience for most of the player base.

On a more personal note, I also like the current system because my predictions change regularly. Who I would think wins Monday isn't always who I think will win come Wednesday. In fact, my mental predictions rarely survive a full day. I like the ability to see what happens as things progress through the week and base my predictions off of that.

Change Predictions - scorycory - 12-19-2019

Maybe we could do two different predictions, a weekly post and the current one? We could incentivize the current system by making it worth a little more but if someone wants to be able to pop in once a week and get everything done I don't see the problem with that. Some people don't have the time to be posting all week

Change Predictions - Huskies311 - 12-19-2019

I kept the same system was for two reasons:

1) Threads would have to close before Monday games, so your Wednesday and Friday games would be final.

2) Rewarding site activity.

I do take suggestions very seriously though, as you’ll see two suggestions being added by the PPT this season that I won’t go into detail about yet. cory’s suggestion above for example would reward site activity while also being fair to people who can’t visit the site every day.

Change Predictions - Raven - 12-19-2019

(12-19-2019, 06:13 PM)Huskies311 Wrote:I kept the same system was for two reasons:

1) Threads would have to close before Monday games, so your Wednesday and Friday games would be final.

2) Rewarding site activity.

I do take suggestions very seriously though, as you’ll see two suggestions being added by the PPT this season that I won’t go into detail about yet. cory’s suggestion above for example would reward site activity while also being fair to people who can’t visit the site every day.

The solution to point 1 would be to post, every week seperately, but at the start of the season. That's always the way I would have done it in my head.