International Simulation Football League
Veteran Linebacker Horne Retires - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Player Retirement (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: Veteran Linebacker Horne Retires (/showthread.php?tid=17083)

Pages: 1 2

Veteran Linebacker Horne Retires - iseedoug - 12-21-2019

As expected, after 12 seasons in the league, Ben Horne is retiring at seasons end.

6 Seasons with the SJS
5 Seasons with the BAL
1 Season with the ARI

10 seasons as LB
2 seasons as DE

1x Ultimus Champion
2x NSFC Champion
5x Pro Bowler
16x Defensive Player of Game
The 6th Member of the 1000 Tackle Club, joining Roenick, O'Sullivan, Brown, Lee, and Pennington
70 regular Season Sacks (hopefully a couple more in these last games, 70 sacks has to be like top 20)
Top 10 in Playoff Sacks
Top 10 in Playoff Tackles

Sadly, Horne never got any major awards (LBoY, DPoY), but was happy to compete in a great class of Linebackers. Maybe Horne is Hall of Fame, maybe he is right outside of it. I think I focused on my GMing career a bit more than my player's career at times, which may have cost him.

There are many people to thank. The level of friendship from this online community has been outstanding.

Of course, my homie and future lawyer @nunccoepi. Our friendship has made being active in this league fun. I also can probably blame you for Horne's lack of stats because I was so focused on wanting our GM duo to be the best ever. It was definitely worth it. And as you said in your retirement post, we need to find a way to stay in touch, after talking everyday during our GM years.

@mabb thanks for first putting up with me being obsessed with this league, and then instead of fighting it, joining it and becoming better than me.

@ckroyal92 and the Sabercats. Those last few years on the Sabercats were so hype man. When our huge war room spent a whole day to make the Pennington Trade happen, all the Us vs the world mentality, that insane defense, all to break the curse. It was sad to leave right before the chip, but being apart of the build up was great. I'm sorry it felt like I bailed on you guys. Just know those few hype seasons were the most fun I have had in this league. I also got to shout out to that weird era early on where Brad Pennington and I were half officially half unofficially running the show and almost moved the cats to Vermont.

All the Hawks players, thanks for sticking with our crazy trades to get the chip. I wish we could have got that 2nd ring, but it was a blast pushing for it. Some of those teams we had were so complete and so much depth, it was crazy. Too many guys to tag.

The Swag himself, Mr. @SwagSloth. Thanks for letting me play MLB before retirement. Without you Horne would not have made the 1000 tackle club. I am honored to have old 200 TPE Horne play next to an elite LB like Vans.

@ADwyer87, the best commish ever in my opinion. Kept this community afloat through so many things and so many new players. I have been here for basically your whole tenure, and appreciate all the effort you put in.

All the people who played for Nunc and I in Tijuana. The road to that 3peat Ultimini was fun. Also way to many people to tag, but I think @enigmatic deserves a tag for being our QB through all those championships. Having a maxed out QB in the DSFL for that long is huge.

Also all the GMs that I have competed against, it was fun. Hats off to @speculadora and the Otters. I both hate and respect you.

I will eventually recreate, but may wait a season. I am not sure I can be as active as I have been, but I will definitely stay apart of this great community.

SJS SJS SJS SJS SJS SJS
BAL BAL BAL BAL BAL
ARI

Thanks,

iseedoug

Veteran Linebacker Horne Retires - IsaStarcrossed - 12-21-2019

I am so glad to hear you'll be sticking around in the community at the very least! Take your time and do what you need to do to take care of yourself I always say. Congrats on a pretty great career!

Veteran Linebacker Horne Retires - speculadora - 12-21-2019

Great career. It was fun competing against you as well!

Veteran Linebacker Horne Retires - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 12-21-2019

Fantastic career.

Also don't wait too long, join the epic S21 class!

Veteran Linebacker Horne Retires - YoungTB - 12-21-2019

Legend! Was a pleasure playing with you on those stacked Hawks teams. Hope to see you in the Hall.

Veteran Linebacker Horne Retires - Duilio05 - 12-21-2019

Thanks for drafting me to Baltimore, Hope you do recreate

Veteran Linebacker Horne Retires - Raven - 12-21-2019

Congrats on a very solid career. Glad to see you stick around atleast!

Veteran Linebacker Horne Retires - SwagSloth - 12-21-2019

Amazing run, my man. So glad we got to have you with us this season.

Veteran Linebacker Horne Retires - nunccoepi - 12-21-2019

(12-21-2019, 03:07 PM)iseedoug Wrote:Of course, my homie and future lawyer @nunccoepi. Our friendship has made being active in this league fun. I also can probably blame you for Horne's lack of stats because I was so focused on wanting our GM duo to be the best ever. It was definitely worth it. And as you said in your retirement post, we need to find a way to stay in touch, after talking everyday during our GM years.

[Image: giphy.gif]

HOF user and player

Veteran Linebacker Horne Retires - Eco - 12-21-2019

I am very glad that I get to call you my GM, good luck with your new player.