International Simulation Football League
*Jay's Draft Board - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Jay's Draft Board (/showthread.php?tid=17127)

*Jay's Draft Board - Jay_Doctor - 12-23-2019

The is the first draft board that feels like the draft is not too far away now. As we are coming into the final week of regular season games, things are starting to take shape nicely. One thing I want to mention once again is that this is not a prediction of who will go where. That would be futile as we still don’t even know the draft order. This draft board is purely meant to try and bring more attention to the draft and to get people hyped up for one of the coolest parts of the season.
For the first time in this series, there will be prospects ranked by position at the end as well. This might help keep things a little cleaner visually.

#1 – Darrel Williams - RB Minnesota Grey Ducks (Ry_) =
There isn’t much left to say about Darrel that hasn’t already been said. I’m also willing to say that I would be really shocked if he doesn’t keep his number 1 spot all the way to the end. The Grey Ducks have had a dip in form of late, but Darrel has still put together solid work for the most part. He did have a 140-yard, 3 touchdown game last week to boot, good for the second-best offensive performance of the year (behind is own week 1 performance).

#2 – Galf Wilf - LB Portland Pythons (Moosecop) ?1
I originally wrote Galf and Awkward’s reviews and left them in the same positions as last week. I talked about how there were really close, but I just didn’t feel that Galf had done quite enough to take the spot as the top defensive prospect in the class. Then I went and reread the box scores only to find out I am illiterate. Galf has always been a tackling machine, but I usually mention that if he put some other impactful stats up, I would feel like I have to move him up. I completely missed that he had 3 forced fumbles and a fumble recovery last week, along with a pass deflection. He is now sitting at the third highest TPE total with 172, only behind Williams and the great Baron. Wilf did have a couple of 4 tackle games that are uncharacteristic of the tackling machine, but in between those games he was an animal.

#3 – Awkward Sexjoke - DE Myrtle Beach Buccaneers (AdamS) ?1
I honestly look at this situation as more of a 2A and 2B instead of 2 and 3 at this point. It really is that close. Unless I’m mistaken, Sexjoke had his first game of the season where he did not get a tackle for loss or sack. He recorded at least 1 in the other 3 games last week, giving him 9 out of 10 games to this point. Awkward is still producing awesome and consistent stats. He does play a position of a slightly higher premium, so he could very well reclaim the spot for best defensive prospect of the season 20 class. Ultimately, it doesn’t matter, though. These two guys will go to their respective NSFL teams anyway.

#4 – Desmond Scarlett - CB Portland Pythons (Unicorn) ?1
Desmond has now made the leap up to #4 this week. It’s hard not to love what Unicorn has done this season. No picks for him last week, but he averaged a pass deflection per game overall. It seems like it has gotten to the point where teams don’t throw at him very much at this point. His tackles have gone down because the receiver he is guarding rarely gets the catch. He also has caught up to Jah for TPE which is an impressive feat.

#5 – Jah Bur’Berry - WR Portland Pythons (soryantyler) ?1
Jah slips a little, but still remains in the top 5 for the class. His numbers for last week were also really good, helping him edge out fellow wide receivers that are closing in. He did seem to miss an update this week, but things happen, and he is still active regardless (his player on twitter lost power which was a cool little story). Him being a veteran is also a deciding factor in him keeping his spot for the top wide receiver.

#6 – Randy Vuxta - WR Tijuana Luchadores (roastfuego) =
Randy’s spot on here is a tremendous credit to what he has done thus far. He is the highest player on the board that was not one of the following: a recreate, created at the trade deadline or someone with sim experience in a different league. He continues to put in consistently big updates, active on twitter and in the locker room. He is hard on himself at times, but he fully deserves this spot and I can’t wait to see what is in store for him.

#7 – Bobby Boucher - DE Myrtle Beach Buccaneers (BigUnitBabs) =
After his big move up to 7 last week, Bobby holds it down this week. His stat line for last week was quite solid, posting 4 tackles for loss and 3 sacks. He is now tied for 3rd in tackles for loss and second in sacks. Just like his teammate Sexjoke, Boucher plays a position of high value, so he might not be done moving up.

#8 – Kyle Idlewyld - DE Tijuana Luchadores (Kyle) ?2
Kyle moves up 2 spots again, finding himself at #8 now this week. He has continually put in big updates and will most likely be a first-round pick come draft time. He is like fellow teammate Vuxta and never been in a sim league, which is impressive. His did post one game with no defensive stats but came back and had 7 tackles for loss in the other 3 games, including a 4 TFL and 1 sack performance. That came in the biggest game of the season yet against the Buccaneers. He has tallied 18 TFLs now, leaving him a comfortable 4 ahead on the next closest player and 6 ahead of the next closest rookie (Boucher).

#9 – Reggie Culbertson - DT Portland Pythons (evryday) ?7
Reggie just had a monster update, launching him up to 9th and making a strong case for himself to be a no-brainer first round pick. Have I mentioned defensive lineman are invaluable? Once or twice you say? I should stop mentioning it? Okay fine, last time I promise. Veteran evryday bought tier 6 equipment this last week, giving him about a big of a TPE increase as one can have in a single week (unless you sit on all your activities and then assigned them all at once and please god don’t do that). Reggie also had a great week as he averaged almost 5 tackles for game (which is respectable for a DT0 along with 2 sacks, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. Imagine what he is going to do now with a Portland team that is rolling.

#10 – Victor Moreno - CB Tijuana Luchadores (GreenArmy) ?1
Victor rounds out the top ten as he passes Thor, but bigger moves up by Kyle and Reggie move him down slightly overall. One of GreenArmy’s biggest strengths is his participation in graphics. He has done some really nice work thus far and I’m not just saying that because he put me in one of them (although that one was pretty dope so you should go check it out). In a run-heavy league and becoming a very good defender, Moreno doesn’t get a lot of chances to put up stats. That’s how it goes sometimes, though.

#11 – Thor Kirkby - LB Minnesota Grey Ducks (Ascolap) ?3
Kirkby moves down a little and winds up at 11 for now. I think Ascolap might have missed an update this week, so I imagine Thor is going to get a really huge boost for the playoffs next week. Either way, Thor still performed on the field last week. He averaged over 11 tackles a game and also contributed with a sack, tackle for loss and a pass deflection. Kirkby has the second most tackles among the class and caught up to Galf a little bit.

#12 – Venus Powers - K/P Portland Pythons (Baron1898) =
Venus sits at 12 again. She has a solid week as the red-hot Pythons offense has been tearing it up. She converted 11 of her 12 PATs, while also knocking in all 9 of her field goals attempted this week. Powers now has the most extra points and second most field goals made, behind the formerly infallible Hammerson. She also has the best field goal percentage of the class as well.

#13 – Jacoby Clay - WR Myrtle Beach Buccaneers (Vexatious) =
With updates of 47 and 25 the last two weeks, Jacoby Clay has been putting in the work. Clays currently has the third most receiving yards in the league behind his veteran teammate Gordan and Bur’Berry. It is tough for Jacoby to get touchdown opportunities as Myrtle Beach feeds their touchdown machine Rose on the goal line. Still, Clay has proven himself as a worthy receiver and is now the number 3 one in the class.

#14 – Siddhu Sarvepally - RB Myrtle Beach Buccaneers (siddhus) =
Siddhu has also put in monster updates like his teammate before him; one of 57 and another of 22. These two both deserve credit for how much they are improving while they help lead the Buccaneers into the playoffs. After getting outrushed by Portland, the Buccaneers running backs outgained their opponents by 313 yards the rest of the week. Their ground dominance really helps the offense control the tempo of the game.

#15 – Inspectah Deck - LB Tijuana Luchadores (W.Sconnie) ?1
Inspectah Deck continues his upward trend by moving to 15 this week. Like quite a few other rookies of late, Deck is now on twitter and has been making big updates. His rookie tasks and Wikipedia page will surely give him a big update next week as well (it will and don’t call him Shirley). Deck has come up with big plays when the game matters most, including a lot of big 3rd down tackles. After adding 4 pass deflections this last week, he is 5th in the league in said category. He only trails the league’s best corner backs which is impressive to say the least.

#16 – Ricardo Rose - RB Myrtle Beach Buccaneers (riddlingminion) ?2
I’m really excited to see Rose piece together some bigger updates. His stats have been amazing to this point and he has done so with much less TPE than his fellow rookies. As he catches up to them in that area, his stats will only get better. As mentioned before, the Buccaneers outran their final 3 opponents last week by 313 yards. Rose only trails Sarvepally by 2 yards but leads the whole league in rushing touchdowns with 12. He has proven to be an excellent goal line option and can carry the ball upwards of 30 or more touches when needed.

#17 – Warren Stephens - SS Myrtle Beach Buccaneers (Ephenssta) =
Warren keeps steady and stays at 17 this week. Stephens was a bit quiet last week, but when you are a secondary player having a quiet game is almost always a good thing (except teammate Kacey Dream who went off). On a team that has so many big names on the defense, Stephens flies under the radar and just does his job. He is part of the second best secondary in the league.

#18 – Blake Gragg - TE Minnesota Grey Ducks (Hydraconis) ?5
We have a new top tight end in the class. After getting on the board last week, Blake Gragg moves up another 5 spots this week. Gragg brought in 9 catches for 68 yards in his first week, which is respectable for a tight end. At the rate he is going, I am interested to see how high Hydraconis will finish by draft time.

#19 – Silver Banana - K/P Minnesota Grey Ducks (golden_apricot) ?1
Kicker gang is looking strong still. Silver Banana continues to improve and put up solid TPE. It has to be mentioned that he hasn’t had a lot of opportunity to prove his worth the last week, as Minnesota only attempted 3 fields goals. In the game they won, Banana went a perfect 4/4 on the day. In their last game against the Pythons, he averaged 49.3 yards per punt. That mark is well about anyone’s season average.

#20 – Hal Fassingit - DE Minnesota Grey Ducks (tlk742) ?4
I am really happy to see tlk742 is indeed active. When I read his media piece about where he thought he ranked, I knew you would be moving up a few spots. Hal has a solid 11 tackles for loss, which is half the number of regular tackles he has. Fassingit also has a respectable 4 sacks on the year. As he continues to grow, he will keep getting better. I’m sure he is planning to bring in enough money to get some all-important equipment to help as well.

#21 – Kemorian Moore - WR Myrtle Beach Buccaneers (Rowdyyy) ?1
Moore moves up 1 spot on the board, but also moves up one spot for receivers as well. Moore had a modest first week of games. Truth be told, the Buccaneers have so many weapons on offense that it might be difficult for Moore to shine. Given that he got a late start, as long as he stays active, he will definitely get his chance to prove his worth. He will likely stay down in the DSFL his next year and will really shine, just like his teammate Rayne is doing this year.

#22 – Ben Kenobi -TE Tijuana Luchadores (DeathOnReddit) ?3
I’m not sure if Ben is still active or not. I thought I maybe saw him in the locker room last week, but I really can’t recall now.

#23 - Tash Thompson - WR Minnesota Grey Ducks (casserole) ?12
I believe she has gone inactive, which makes me sad.

#24 – Oliver McWigglebutts - DT Minnesota Grey Ducks (MaxTheDog) ?3
It appears at this point that McWigglebutts might be inactive as well.

#25 – Jamie Nkiah - S Myrtle Beach Buccaneers (Drizzy) =
I’m not sure if he is active or not. I don’t see an update page for him.

#26 – Pancake Maker - OL Minnesota Grey Ducks (Shaquill) =
I don’t think he has a player update page either.

#27 – Colonel Tushfinger - RB Tijuana Luchadores (bovovovo) =
I haven’t seen bovovovo around lately, so he might have gone dormant.

#28 – Barnabas Cole - DE Tijuana Luchadores (ITBret42) =
IA

#29 – David Donaldson - TE Myrtle Beach Buccaneers (Kcobb9) =
IA

#30 – Dre Uzond - CB Portland Pythons (Nuk) =
IA

#31 – Vince Hammerson - K/P Myrtle Beach Buccaneers (Channel88) =
I jinxed the legend, as he lost his perfect season.

#32 – Darnell Johnson - WR Portland Pythons (dylanjj37) =
IA

#33 – Emilio Cortez - WR Portland Pythons (BruhMaple) =
IA

#34 – Randall Jimmerson - DE Portland Pythons (JumboBumbo) =
IA

#35 – Hingle McCringleberry - DT Portland Pythons (Quesadillananda) =
IA

#36 – Bismo Funyuns - WR Minnesota Grey Ducks (Penrod11) =
IA

#37 – Dave Casper Jr. - TE Minnesota Grey Ducks (Sanchez801) =
IA

#38 – Miles Royal - WR Tijuana Luchadores (07ToyotaCamry) =
IA

#39 – George Bjornsson - DT Tijuana Luchadores (Tolan33) =
IA

Biggest Jump
Reggie Culbertson moved up 7 spots, giving him the title of the biggest jump this week. It was awesome seeing a huge leap for the DT.

Top Performances of Last Week
Offense
Week 9 – Siddhu and Ricardo get so share this honor again this week. Just like last week, they both put up top offensive performances at the same time. Siddhu put up 16 carries for 106 yards and 2 scores, while Rose carried 32 times for 120 yards and a score. This 2-headed monster continues to pound the rock.

Defense
Galf Wilf put in an overall amazing week. While I could point out a specific game, I am just going to stick with his performance over the whole week instead. 3 forced fumbles, a fumble recovery and a ton of tackles, Galf earns the top defensive performer of last week.

Position Rankings
Quarterback:
NA

Running back:
1. Darrel Williams (1st overall)
2. Siddhu Sarvepally (14th overall)
3. Ricardo Rose (16th overall)
4. Colonel Tushfinger (27th overall)

Wide Receiver:
1. Jah Bur’Berry (5th overall)
2. Randy Vuxta (6th overall)
3. Jacoby Clay (13th overall)
4. Kemorian Moore (21st overall)
5. Tash Thompson (23rd overall)
6. Darnell Johnson (32nd overall)
7. Emilio Cortez (33rd overall)
8. Bismo Funyuns (36th overall)
9. Miles Royal (38th overall)

Tight End:
1. Blake Gragg (18th overall)
2. Ben Kenobi (22nd overall)
3. David Donaldson (29th overall)
4. Dave Casper Jr. (37th overall)

Offensive Lineman:
1. Pancake Maker (26th overall)

Defensive End:
1. Awkward Sexjoke (3rd overall)
2. Bobby Boucher (7th overall)
3. Kyle Idlewyld (8th overall)
4. Hal Fassingit (20th overall)
5. Barnabas Cole (28th overall)
6. Randall Jimmerson (34th overall)

Defensive Tackle:
1. Reggie Culbertson (9th overall)
2. Oliver McWigglebutts (24th overall)
3. Hingle McCringleberry (35th overall)
4. George Bjornsson (39th overall)

Linebacker:
1. Galf Wilf (2nd overall)
2. Thor Kirkby (11th overall)
3. Inspectah Deck (15th overall)

Cornerback:
1. Desmond Scarlett (4th overall)
2. Victor Moreno (10th overall)
3. Dre Uzond (30th overall)

Safety:
1. Warren Stephens (17th overall)
2. Jamie Nkiah (25th overall)

Kicker:
1. Venus Powers (12th overall)
2. Silver Banana (19th overall)
3. Vince Hammerson (31st overall)

Keep an eye out for a DSFL draft board in the near future. I still haven’t decided how I want to approach it yet, if I’m being honest. I like the idea of having a board with rankings like this one, but I feel like there are a couple things that will make that difficult to do. For one, there is a lot less time leading up to the draft. There also isn’t a lot separating S21 prospects right now. Most are sitting at 50, although I believe two got in an update last week. My plan for now will be do just do a write up based on positions, but maybe that will change closer to the end. If you made it to here, thanks for reading and have a happy holidays!

*Jay's Draft Board - Duilio05 - 12-23-2019

This series been great.

*Jay's Draft Board - tlk742 - 12-23-2019

Love it. Just bought equipment

*Jay's Draft Board - Baron1898 - 12-23-2019

Sad

*Jay's Draft Board - Jay_Doctor - 12-23-2019

(12-23-2019, 11:19 AM)Baron1898 Wrote:Sad

<3

*Jay's Draft Board - Moosecop - 12-23-2019

Coming for that number 1 spot

*Jay's Draft Board - RainDelay - 12-23-2019