International Simulation Football League
Grading PT's - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: Grading PT's (/showthread.php?tid=1714)

Grading PT's - Ltsmashie - 07-04-2017

I'm not sure if this is a runner, but thought it might be fun if the grader of PT's was able to give a few extra TPE (say 5 for example) to the PT article or graphic of the week.

It's very easy to knock up 200 words about whatever the PT is and there is no encouragement to go above and beyond this wordcount.

If there was extra TPE given out to the most entertaining article or graphic, then it might encourage people to put more effort in. Just a thought.

Grading PT's - Jogn - 07-04-2017

5 is a fair bit, but I like the idea of positively incentivizing good content instead of negatively incentivizing bad content

Grading PT's - White Cornerback - 07-04-2017

But wouldnt this have the same perspective issues that we had with the Gfx situation whoch was changed? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.

Grading PT's - timeconsumer - 07-04-2017

I'm not completely opposed to the idea, but this is a subjective take on something that when accumulated over time could really benefit one team over another...who is the person making that judgement? Can we trust them to really remain objective? Or could they be subconsciously picking their own team a disproportionate amount of the time, because humans? What about people that aren't well-liked by a large portion of the leadership in the league? Even if they write or draw up an excellent piece, it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect that the bias against them for unrelated reasons makes it far less likely they get chosen.

Subjective judgements in some things in this league are unavoidable. But bonus cash for media or graphics is one thing, bonus TPE is very different. I would say that if this is done a lot of thought needs to be put into reducing the subjectivity and subconscious bias.

Grading PT's - Ltsmashie - 07-04-2017

I understand what you are saying, perhaps it could be something the GM's vote on?

Say for example that each GM puts forward one of their team's articles and they are then voted on?

I realise this creates a bit of extra work, but it does create that extra incentive to stray away from just writing really boring and generic things.

Grading PT's - Jogn - 07-04-2017

(07-04-2017, 06:37 AM)timeconsumer Wrote:I'm not completely opposed to the idea, but this is a subjective take on something that when accumulated over time could really benefit one team over another...who is the person making that judgement? Can we trust them to really remain objective? Or could they be subconsciously picking their own team a disproportionate amount of the time, because humans? What about people that aren't well-liked by a large portion of the leadership in the league? Even if they write or draw up an excellent piece, it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect that the bias against them for unrelated reasons makes it far less likely they get chosen.

Subjective judgements in some things in this league are unavoidable. But bonus cash for media or graphics is one thing, bonus TPE is very different. I would say that if this is done a lot of thought needs to be put into reducing the subjectivity and subconscious bias.

Yeah I see how this has the chance to become a problem, but I'll admit that I phoned in my Trophy Name PT, and I wasn't mad when the guy who actually gave a shit got an extra TPE for getting his one picked (can't even remember who).

Maybe a small cash bonus for Points Tasks for a certain level of quality? Like the graphics graders get together and everything that was actually fun to read gets $500,000

Grading PT's - ErMurazor - 07-04-2017

(07-04-2017, 09:42 AM)Jogn Wrote:Yeah I see how this has the chance to become a problem, but I'll admit that I phoned in my Trophy Name PT, and I wasn't mad when the guy who actually gave a shit got an extra TPE for getting his one picked (can't even remember who).

Maybe a small cash bonus for Points Tasks for a certain level of quality? Like the graphics graders get together and everything that was actually fun to read gets $500,000

Thanks for the bonus TPE :cigar: lol.

What if people had the option to nominate another person's work for being exceptional, for whatever reason. We could then have GMs, or an independent panel with a person from each team, or something similar vote/review those that are nominated for a single bonus TPE.

This would not only encourage quality content but it would also encourage more people to read the TPE task stuff.

As of now, the only person I know that reads everything is me...

Grading PT's - Ben - 07-04-2017

(07-05-2017, 05:19 AM)ErMurazor Wrote:Thanks for the bonus TPEĀ  :cigar: lol.

What if people had the option to nominate another person's work for being exceptional, for whatever reason. We could then have GMs, or an independent panel with a person from each team, or something similar vote/review those that are nominated for a single bonus TPE.

This would not only encourage quality content but it would also encourage more people to read the TPE task stuff.

As of now, the only person I know that reads everything is me...

I like this. Definitely think some gems are being lost in the mix as everyone gets in on the free TPE