International Simulation Football League
Going out with a murmur - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Going out with a murmur (/showthread.php?tid=17148)

Going out with a murmur - goodvsevil1275 - 12-23-2019

During my first season as co-GM of the Liberty, we had many successes and many failures. I had many grand ideas for the future of the Liberty, yet I found myself dreading logging in most days. This league became less of a hobby and more of a chore. Since this is a league just for fun, and since I have not had fun over the last season and change, I am deciding to take a large step back from this league.

I am officially resigning as GM of the Philadelphia Liberty. I am officially resigning as a media grader. I am officially resigning as a data slave for the events team. Above all, I am more or less resigning as a member of the NSFL.

Keeping up with the demands of the team and the demands of upgrading a player became too much for me. I have been largely inactive for the last few weeks of the season. Some members of this league rub me the wrong way and keep me out of the public chats. Some decisions made and unexpected events have caused me to lose faith in the league. All of my passion for this league has been sucked out of me.

My stay in the league was short and mostly uneventful. I did a couple of cool things and Dropson had a few decent moments so that is neat. I wish the Philadelphia Liberty well and know that they are set up for success. Hall is an absolute machine and has been the most impressive person I've known in the league. He's a real one for sure.

Jake has dropped his last pass.

East Cobras > POR > PHI

Going out with a murmur - SwagSloth - 12-24-2019

Sorry to hear that, man. Unfortunately, GMing can be a mixed bag. But when it's no longer fun, it's time to pass the torch. Best of luck to you and thank you for all of your hard work.

Going out with a murmur - SabaDonutMan - 12-24-2019

We're gonna miss your great prescience all around the league
POR POR POR POR POR

Going out with a murmur - Hallmonitor_20 - 12-24-2019

[Image: sdSxSRF.jpg]

You may have been my friend but more importantly you were my rival. From my time as a TE dropping passes against you to my days as your teammate and coGM you always sucked and you sucked with so much love. The league is losing a great one and you'll definitely be missed not only in Philly but by all of S18. You may have been our outcast who finally came back but you were a hero to us all and an even better friend. Good Bye Jake and you suck lmao.

PHI PHI PHI

Going out with a murmur - Opera_Phantom - 12-24-2019

Legend.

Going out with a murmur - bex - 12-24-2019

We love you, GvE. Wishing you all the best in all your future endeavors

s18 forever

Going out with a murmur - Murtsi - 12-24-2019

Thank you for everything Jake. You picked up media slack when no one asked for it, created great rivalries, took over GMing, tested so much and most importantly were an awesome dude and fellow S18er. As I said to you hopefully everything works out and you can one day come back to this league

Going out with a murmur - IsaStarcrossed - 12-24-2019

Oh man, this is heartbreaking. I'd noticed you'd gone mostly IA and there had been whispers of this being your last season, but I was holding out hope. You were one of the best of us. The way you took to this league and what you did for it was nothing less than incredible and its a shame to see you make your exit. At the end of the day though, your happiness is what is most important. I hope everything works out for you and wish you all the luck.