International Simulation Football League
*Darrel Williams Pre-Draft Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Darrel Williams Pre-Draft Presser (/showthread.php?tid=17479)

*Darrel Williams Pre-Draft Presser - Ry_ - 01-05-2020

Closed, ready to be graded

Darrel Williams, NSFL prospect here. Ask any questions(within reason) you'd like. I'll be answering these up until the draft.

(01-05-2020, 10:32 PM)Get_Right Wrote:1.Do you believe you could have the same immediate impact as you had in the DSFL?
2.If you had to choose anyone in your draft class who would you say is your rival?

1. It's definitely going to be a lot tougher once I go up to the NSFL; everyone there is so much faster, there are no "bot" teams to beat up on, and running isn't as effective up in the NSFL as it is down here in the DSFL. I think I can still have a strong impact for any team right out of the gate; there have been plenty of RBs near my TPE range who have still been able to be key contributors on their team, either as a lead back or otherwise.

2. At the beginning of my career I would have had to say Venus Powers, as Venus was my main competition when it came to the top of the TPE rankings for the S20 draft class. As I've gained a bit of ground on Venus, and it's tough to say to the media that your main rival is a kicker, I would argue more that Randy Vuxta is my rival, at least on the field. He's a good guy and all, but he plays for the Evil Empire in Tijuana, which is tough to overlook. He's also been really, really active since Vuxta joined the league and is going to be a big threat for Offensive Rookie of the Year, wherever he ends up.

(01-05-2020, 10:59 PM)AdamS Wrote:What do you think about the vast majority of mock drafts sending you to Austin at #1?

It would truly be an honor to join the select few who have been #1 overall in the NSFL Draft. But my whole journey to this point was to prove myself as the best prospect in the draft class, and I think these mocks have proven my point. People have recognized my large TPE lead over all non-kickers in this class, and I have proven I can truly lead a team to greatness through the incredible Ultimini win over Tijuana. Obviously teams draft by position a lot of the time in the NSFL, so being an incredible earner in the class doesn't guarantee you a top 3 pick or even a first round selection(example Venus Powers). I hope I've earned the right to be the #1 overall pick. The choice in your hands, AdamS. Don't let all of these people miss out on that sweet .5 TPE!

(01-05-2020, 11:03 PM)CLG Rampage Wrote:What team would you like to be a part of most?

I am a (relative) newcomer to this league, so I haven't had the time to build relationships with all of the teams yet in this class. I truly would not oppose being drafted by any of the ten teams in the NSFL and would be happy to join their team and try my best to contribute as much as I can throughout my career to them. I'm fine working with rebuilding teams, retooling teams, and contending teams as long as they eventually give me a chance to show the impact I can have in the NSFL. I truly have no preference right now, but if I absolutely had to pick a team that I'd prefer to join the most, it'd be either NOLA or OCO. Both of these teams have reached out to me and I'd like to say we've had good conversations; even though it's unlikely I'll join either of those teams I'm impressed with their dedication to scout each and every prospect even if they aren't likely to join them.

(01-05-2020, 11:04 PM)RainDelay Wrote:Does being projected as the number one pick change the way you go about your offseason?

I'd like to say it hasn't, but being projected that high does really motivate me to keep working and improving my player. I just wrote 4300 words not that long ago over the Ultimini and I opened up my first ever presser since I joined any sim league, so I've definitely been trying my best to prove that I deserve to be selected #1 overall. S20 Equipment opens up soon and I had to make sure I'd get Tier 6 right away; nothing less would be acceptable for a top tier prospect. It's also been pretty hectic through the scouting teams have gone through and all of the questions I've answered; being a first round prospect makes teams very careful and thorough during their scouting. Then again, some teams haven't reached out at all, so the projection can push away some teams who don't think I'll fall to them.

(01-06-2020, 07:35 PM)MSombrero Wrote:1. You've been the main element of the Grey Ducks offense this season. With you being drafted, do you see a successor in Minnesota who can take over your role or someone in the DSFL draft the Grey Ducks should target? Or do you think Minnesota should change up their scheme to take into account the lose of a such a prominent player?

2. What do you think would be a good year for you in terms of yards, efficiency, touchdowns, etc. for your first year in the NSFL?

Great questions!
1. To start, there's no guarantee that I'll even leave the Grey Ducks next season. Multiple teams that have contacted me ahead of this draft have expressed interest in keeping me down for another season so I can build my TPE up. If I end up being called up following the draft, the Grey Ducks would probably need to fill the hole that I leave. Even before the re-brand to the Grey Ducks, the Marshals used their running backs extensively and with the main GM still remaining the same I don't expect anything different. The passing game in the DSFL is awful and using the run game as much as possible is pretty useful. Since there isn't anyone on the Grey Ducks roster who could fill my role and is guaranteed to still be on the team after the DSFL Draft, it's likely that they will focus finding another running back if I'm not sent down. With such a large class this year, I doubt they won't be able to find one.

2. That depends more on what role I will be playing when I take my first snaps on a NSFL offense. If I'm the starting RB, I'd think I should get close to 900 or 1000 yards and add 5 or more touchdowns on 4 YPC or better. If I'm playing backup or lining out wide every now and then, that would change what I want out of my first season.

*Darrel Williams Pre-Draft Presser - Get_Right - 01-05-2020

1.Do you believe you could have the same immediate impact as you had in the DSFL?
2.If you had to choose anyone in your draft class who would you say is your rival?

*Darrel Williams Pre-Draft Presser - AdamS - 01-05-2020

What do you think about the vast majority of mock drafts sending you to Austin at #1?

*Darrel Williams Pre-Draft Presser - CLG Rampage - 01-05-2020

What team would you like to be a part of most?

*Darrel Williams Pre-Draft Presser - RainDelay - 01-05-2020

Does being projected as the number one pick change the way you go about your offseason?

*Darrel Williams Pre-Draft Presser - Ry_ - 01-06-2020

All questions have been answered above and I'm ready to answer more. Ask away!

*Darrel Williams Pre-Draft Presser - MSombrero - 01-06-2020

1. You've been the main element of the Grey Ducks offense this season. With you being drafted, do you see a successor in Minnesota who can take over your role or someone in the DSFL draft the Grey Ducks should target? Or do you think Minnesota should change up their scheme to take into account the lose of a such a prominent player?

2. What do you think would be a good year for you in terms of yards, efficiency, touchdowns, etc. for your first year in the NSFL?