International Simulation Football League
Philadelphia Liberty Introductory Press Conference - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Philadelphia Liberty Introductory Press Conference (/showthread.php?tid=1751)

Pages: 1 2 3

Philadelphia Liberty Introductory Press Conference - adam2552 - 07-05-2017

First of all, I'd like to thank the league office for giving me this opportunity. I certainly plan to make the most of it and bring Philadelphia its first football championship in over 50 years.

I'd also like to introduce our updated logo, now featuring better shadows and bigger fonts!:
[Image: 9izhirz.png]

If there are any questions, please ask away.

---

What position will you put a premium on in your search this off season? Are there any positions you feel like you need to fill before the S2 draft?

Obviously we have a need at every position. Once we can see which players are available in the expansion draft, then we'll have a better idea of what we can build around. The quarterback is the cornerstone of most teams' offenses and I expect it to be no different for us in Philly.

---

I'd like to be the first to welcome you to the league.

1: Of all the places for an expansion team, why do you think Philadelphia was a preferred destination?
The city has a rich history, especially relevant this time of year. Philadelphia is known for their passionate fans. We look forward to winning the fans over through the excellent product we will put on the field.

2: Are you planning on challenging immediately in your first season?
In a league of this size, I think it is possible for expansion teams to come right in and compete. I'd like to temper expectations though, there are a lot of great teams in the league and we haven't even gone through our expansion draft yet.

3: Regarding the S2 draft, has there been any players you've got you eye on or have been impressed by?
Without revealing too much, of course we've been scouting all the top prospects. However some of the newer guys like Brokk Lee, Paul DiMirio, and North Fox have also caught our eye.

4: With all the buzz surrounding the S1 free agency, could we see some acquisitions?
There are several S1 free agents that we are looking at. It's to early to speculate at what could happen, but we would like to compete in our inaugural season and acquiring free agents is a key part of that.

5: Regarding the other expansion team, the Legion, what are your thoughts on the expansion to what many see as a "tourist" destination?
You summed up my thoughts perfectly, it's a "tourist town" and a "tourist team". The fans here in Philadelphia will love this team, they will bleed for it. We don't have any fair weather fans here. I doubt the Legion will have trouble selling tickets, but they won't have the same rabid fan base that we will.

6: What is your make on the recent antics surrounding S2 prospects demands regarding draft destinations?
We will draft the top player on our board regardless of what they have said publicly. Playing in this league is a privilege, playing for this team is a privilege.

Thank you. That's all the questions I have.

---
Why the recolored Taco Bell Logo?
It's the Liberty Bell...are you Canadian?

Philly has a "reputation" for rowdy fans, how does the team plan to keep the rowdiness to a manageable level and keep it about the game, and not drunken debauchery
We hope for the rowdiness. We want a passionate fan base that will instill fear in our opponents. We expect to have one of the best home field advantages in the league with our fan base.

---

Philadelphia Liberty Introductory Press Conference - PoloPro - 07-05-2017

What position will you put a premium on in your search this off season? Are there any positions you feel like you need to fill before the S2 draft?

Philadelphia Liberty Introductory Press Conference - White Cornerback - 07-05-2017

I'd like to be the first to welcome you to the league.

1: Of all the places for an expansion team, why do you think Philadelphia was a preferred destination?

2: Are you planning on challenging immediately in your first season?

3: Regarding the S2 draft, has there been any players you've got you eye on or have been impressed by?

4: With all the buzz surrounding the S1 free agency, could we see some acquisitions?

5: Regarding the other expansion team, the Legion, what are your thoughts on the expansion to what many see as a "tourist" destination?

6: What is your make on the recent antics surrounding S2 prospects demands regarding draft destinations?

Thank you. That's all the questions I have.

All answered. @PoloPro @`Dermot`

Who else has questions?!

Philadelphia Liberty Introductory Press Conference - timeconsumer - 07-05-2017

Is it true your team has already landed a sponsorship with Taco Bell?

(07-05-2017, 10:51 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:Is it true your team has already landed a sponsorship with Taco Bell?

I can neither confirm nor deny that. Live mas. But we are certainly exploring all sponsorship opportunities. Yo quiero Taco Bell. As soon as we have any a formal announcement will be made. Think outside the bun.

Philadelphia Liberty Introductory Press Conference - RavensFanFromOntario - 07-05-2017

What kind of relationship do you plan to have with fellow expansion GM Tyler Varga?

Philadelphia Liberty Introductory Press Conference - Aenir - 07-05-2017

Why the recolored Taco Bell Logo?

Philly has a "reputation" for rowdy fans, how does the team plan to keep the rowdiness to a manageable level and keep it about the game, and not drunken debauchery?

Philadelphia Liberty Introductory Press Conference - adam2552 - 07-06-2017

(07-06-2017, 12:23 AM)RavensFanFromOntario Wrote:What kind of relationship do you plan to have with fellow expansion GM Tyler Varga?

None at all. Not even sure how that guy got a GM spot, he's the worst. I guess the good news for the rest of the league is now every team has a new doormat to walk all over. :blink:

Philadelphia Liberty Introductory Press Conference - adam2552 - 07-06-2017

(07-06-2017, 12:46 AM)Aenir Wrote:Why the recolored Taco Bell Logo?

Philly has a "reputation" for rowdy fans, how does the team plan to keep the rowdiness to a manageable level and keep it about the game, and not drunken debauchery?

Answered.