International Simulation Football League
*Rod Tidwell Looks at the league... - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Rod Tidwell Looks at the league... (/showthread.php?tid=17657)

*Rod Tidwell Looks at the league... - SDCore - 01-11-2020

Hello everyone out there in the National Simulation Football League, this is Rod Tidwell here. Most of you might not know me or remember me, because after drafted to Austin, I decided to shun the media and live in our Locker Room. Well today, I have been forced back into the spotlight to address some things. First off, Austin is the best team in the league, our records might not show it, but it is true. Here’s the thing about records, they are out there for everyone to see and judge teams on, but let’s be honest that’s not a true barometer of how good a team is. Austin has the best locker room culture in the entire league. I will stake my reputation on it, plus all my Kwan. Oh, you don’t know about Kwan, that’s a shocker, since you don’t think Austin deserves any respect, this league has proven that time and time again. Here let me relearn you a thing or two about Kwan.

Kwan is a way of life, it is a life force. You cannot just simply earn Kwan or receive Kwan. You must gain Kwan and Kwan is not easy to gain. You can only gain Kwan by being who you are, by being original. Kwan isn’t about being the best or having the nicest things, no not simply just those things, though they don’t hurt. Kwan is the center of Rod Tidwell’s existence. Kwan is a way of life, it is as much about money as it is about respect. How does one achieve the Kwan, well that is fairly simple if I’m being honest? You achieve Kwan by gaining the respect and you gain respect by working hard and showing you care. So here’s the thing about Kwan, once you know about Kwan you will spend the rest of your life trying to achieve Kwan, but you can’t achieve Kwan greedily. See that results in the anti-kwan or negative energy. See Rod Tidwell baby is the master of all that is Kwan. When he moved to Austin, he realized he would be able to buy nice things, provide for his family, gain the respect of his peers, and do all the things that Rod Tidwell do. Now this was perfect, because it allowed him to achieve a good level of Kwan. See with Rod Tidwell out there working every day to get better and to improve himself to gain that respect, he knew he was earning the Kwan.

Now this is where the story gets interesting. You see Rod Tidwell has always been a patient and loving man. He loves his wife, his kids, his family, his little dog Boomer. Rod Tidwell loves his team, his agent, everything that is Austin, and he will continue to do those things, but Rod Tidwell feels disrespected. You see Rod Tidwell does everything for this game of football and he does everything for the Austin Copperheads. They ask him to go out there and run drills, hang out with rookies, teach them the ropes, catch balls, and try to win. AND WHAT DOES ROD TIDWELL DO??? Everything, that’s what he does. Rod Tidwell has done everything that people have asked of him. No complaints, no issues, nothing to fight or whine, because Rod Tidwell knows that in order to get and earn respect you do what you on the field. You earn that Kwan by being a good citizen and player and member of the community. This is all Rod Tidwell asks for, but right now Rod Tidwell is upset.

See here’s the thing. Rod Tidwell normally doesn’t complain, he doesn’t bitch, he doesn’t moan about things he cannot control. The problem is that Rod Tidwell has been in Austin since the beginning, he played most of his career with a young quarterback. Rod Tidwell loves Easton Cole, that’s his quarterback. Rod Tidwell did this knowing that in his prime he was going to do great things with this man. Oh boy was Rod Tidwell right, the long game has paid off these last two season, but here’s the thing. Austin is now SOO disrespected that it doesn’t matter what Rod Tidwell does. Because this league the National Simulation Football League has a serious problem. Austin was drafted initially for an immediate rebuild and the league laughed and joked about them. This has now appeared to carry over into a vendetta against some Austin players.
Let’s talk about the awards a bit this year. It took 3 solid seasons for an Austin player to win an award. This is simply because he is on Austin, I don’t care what stance everyone else is going to take here. Also, for Rod Tidwell to not even be nominated for wide receiver of the year is blasphemy. It is complete and utter shit. This is not even advocating that Rod Tidwell should have won and that the winner of the award didn’t deserve it but to not even have been mentioned is some serious bias. Rod Tidwell led the league in yards, yard per catch, and longest single reception this year. Rod Tidwell didn’t score a lot of touchdowns was probably the biggest argument against him this year. You know what? That is complete and utter luck. Let’s not forget about the resim this season, which screwed Austin, which took award 75+ yards and 2 touchdowns from him. Rod Tidwell, if you watch the sims was dominate in the first half of every game. The sim then decided to take him out of games, therefore he wasn’t getting targeted in times where he could have scored more. Also, Rod Tidwell is built as a speed and yardage receiver on a team that has goal line touchdown threats. It appears to me that whoever votes for these awards is looking and weighing things like touchdowns for receivers WAY too much. Rod Tidwell drove Austin’s offense and was a real threat anytime he was on the field. This should be taken into account more than it was and for that I feel like the league as a whole has failed Rod Tidwell and he was robbed. What more do you want Rod Tidwell to do? Rod Tidwell already had 75+ more yards, caught balls for longer per reception, and was the leader in his team’s offensive cats. This was a train robbery at the highest degree.

Let’s look forward, Rod Tidwell is going to go out and do what he can again next season. We got some nice new draftees in Austin who are going to help us do big things. Getting another receiver is going to help us as well as some young defensive players. Hopefully this upcoming season the sim and league won’t shit on Austin and Rod Tidwell can get the respect he deserves. Rod Tidwell has been the best receiver in the league for a few years and the anti-Austin bias is starting to wane. Rod Tidwell deserves your respect, but he will continue to go out and play no matter if you give him it or not. Rod Tidwell is Austin and Austin is Rod Tidwell, they have continued to SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! So good luck league.

Tidwell OUT.

*Rod Tidwell Looks at the league... - moonlight - 01-12-2020

Gotta make sure I get you on my fantasy team