International Simulation Football League
*The Eternal Debate - Reignited and Solved. - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The Eternal Debate - Reignited and Solved. (/showthread.php?tid=17889)

Pages: 1 2 3

*The Eternal Debate - Reignited and Solved. - juniped - 01-19-2020

Earlier this week in the NSFL rookie discord server a question was asked. A question that has been asked many times over the centuries but yet still poses a very real and very serious debate that we should all ponder our own answers to.

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Now I'm not going to pick sides... Yet…. First I think this debate comes from the same mindset where we pretend QBs are the star of the show as well (We all the know the running backs are the stars). However, with the widespread use of social media it's something that we all have come to realize has as many answers to it as there are people. Often this question will be replied to with screams and shouts of yes or no and how dare you, or will kill you if you say that again. So why does this question make us so furious?
I think perhaps it goes back to our days as young children. Sandwiches are the meal that our parents make for us for school. Or when we order a 6 foot long sub for the Superbowl. they're simple they're portable and you can have a customized any way you like. There are more sandwich types in the world than you can shake a finger at. Therefore we get emotional over how many different variations there are but perhaps in fact some of those variations and definitions start to become so borderline that it's very easy to find yourself on either side of the debate. Now it also could just be because it's the internet and we're petty but I'm not going to get words out of that so I'm going to keep talking.
Now these emotions are so ingrained in us that by the time we are adults we know we are right. In fact you will even trade players away from your team if they disagree with you because how can somebody just be so wrong about this topic. How dare you think something I don't. I think everybody has their own definition in their head and because of that we all obviously come to different conclusions. Some of our conclusions are so out there that they might shock you. Like a quote from pAtlas Quinn who said there are only three categories of food soup, salad and sandwich. Now you might be thinking sitting there thinking "Wow, this man is a lunatic there's no way he could be right!" However, I want you to keep thinking about it, like REALLY ponder it.
What if he is right? What if there are only three categories of food, that makes a pizza a sandwich, that makes a pop tart a sandwich, and yes even a hot dog a sandwich. Now you might be thinking "no no no that's crazy those food can be sandwiches" but what else would you describe them as? One is filling surrounded by dough sounds like a sandwich to me. The other one is toppings on top of bread that sounds like an open face sandwich.
Now let's say you're more sandwich conservative, like a DE who thinks he's going to stop my running game. And you have a traditional view on sandwiches. How can any same mortal deny that technically a hot dog is meat in between two slices of bread, ergo a sandwich.
Merriam-Webster even has stated publicly: "We know: the idea that a hot dog is a sandwich is heresy to some of you. But given that the definition of a sandwich is 'two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between,' there is no sensible way around it."
Now there are two possible reactions you can be having to this article right now your mind could be blown wide open as you now experience the great enlightenment that is to understand that in fact almost everything you eat is a sandwich. Or you could be wrong, so stop debating and accept that your long held belief is factually incorrect. Don't @ me. Peace out.

*The Eternal Debate - Reignited and Solved. - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 01-19-2020

I'm sorry but a controversial article like this violates the NSFL Media Code of Ethics and needs to be removed

*The Eternal Debate - Reignited and Solved. - Raven - 01-19-2020

Easily the most offensive article this week

*The Eternal Debate - Reignited and Solved. - juniped - 01-19-2020

I'm doing my part

*The Eternal Debate - Reignited and Solved. - rubachikin - 01-19-2020

at first I was told “NSFL does not actually have any NSFL content despite the name” and then I saw this and now I’m mad and ready to sue someone for being a big liar

*The Eternal Debate - Reignited and Solved. - ScorpXCracker - 01-19-2020

hot dog has 1 piece or bread

*The Eternal Debate - Reignited and Solved. - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 01-19-2020

(01-19-2020, 08:30 PM)ScorpXCracker Wrote:hot dog has 1 piece or bread

It's a split roll which according to whatever definition makes it a sandwich. But I know in my heart a hot dog is not a sandwich.

Just like a chihuahua is technically a dog but I know in my heart it's not.

*The Eternal Debate - Reignited and Solved. - run_CMC - 01-20-2020

(01-19-2020, 10:48 PM)HalfEatenOnionBagel Wrote:It's a split roll which according to whatever definition makes it a sandwich. But I know in my heart a hot dog is not a sandwich.

Just like a chihuahua is technically a dog but I know in my heart it's not.
srtufucialcsecton

*The Eternal Debate - Reignited and Solved. - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 01-20-2020

(01-20-2020, 03:06 AM)run_CMC Wrote:srtufucialcsecton
gesundheit?

*The Eternal Debate - Reignited and Solved. - ScorpXCracker - 01-20-2020

(01-20-2020, 03:06 AM)run_CMC Wrote:srtufucialcsecton