International Simulation Football League
*A few graphs about nothing - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *A few graphs about nothing (/showthread.php?tid=17920)

*A few graphs about nothing - Duilio05 - 01-21-2020

I have compiled data from the TPE Tracker and the league Team Budgets. After using some cool and nifty excel formulas (like this one =AVERAGE(ArrayFormula(if(K2 = $C30:$C, if($D30:$D > 49, if($D30:$D < 200, $J30:$J,""),""),""))) ) I made these nice graphs. All data is NSFL related only. No DSFL players or contracts, including send downs were included. This data is for S20 only. does not include any future or past contracts. All TPE values are from this most recent weekend. Does not include current free agents.

[Image: League_Contract_Averages_by_TPE_Level_per_Position.png]

The first thing that should be noted is that the Y-axis goes to $12M. For those who are math smart have noticed that that is 2x the value of the highest data point. For everyone else that is just observant, you noticed its odd because it looks silly to leave that much space. I set the Y-axis at $12M because in some of the graphs below we have contract values as high as $10M. While it looks silly now, it will help you understand later on just how over the top those contracts are compared to the rest of the league.

The second thing to note is the data set 'Minimum'. It is kinda hard to see in the middle of all that mess, which is why in the graphs below I have filter the data set into 'Offense and Kickers', 'Defense', and then a graph for each individual position. Concerning the Minimum you'll notice that its a straight line which is not consistent to how contract minimums actually work in our league, but sheets doesn't allow for 'combo' graphs of line graphs and scatter plots. So all the data has to be lines or scatter plots, can't mix the two. The Minimum data set value is at each TPE increase, this becomes more important in the individual position graphs, (ie 1000 tpe is $5M, 800 tpe is $4M, etc.) To allow the position data to stand out, the circles of the minimum data are also decreased, making it impossible to see them if you can't squint hard enough.

The final thing to note is the Contract 'Value' of the first three graphs vs the individual position graphs. In the first three the Contract is the average value of all contracts of that positiion at that TPE tier. In the remaining graphs the Contract value is the acutal value of all contracts of that individual position that the graph is for.

Some interesting things to take away from this first graph is that despite a lot of positions having ups and downs through their lines, only the OL has a overall negative linear trendline. Maybe be difficult to see in all the clutter, but it becomes more obvious in the 'Offense and Kickers' Graph.

The other fun thing of interest is the breaks in a few lines. Again, a tad difficult to tell on a few in all that mess, but if you notice the light blue QB line, it begins at the 400-599 TPE tier. That is because there are no QBs at the NSFL level below 400 TPE.

Every position at the >1000 tier is At or Below the $5M minimum. Can only speculate that those who get that far in their career have figured out a seasonal sustainable income to by equipment while helping their team balance the budget sheet.

Finally the three positions with the highest average are 1. 600-799 TPE WRs 2. 800-999 TPE Ss and 3. 600-799 TPE QBs.

Offense and Kickers only graph
[Image: League_Contract_Averages_by_TPE_Level_pe...ion_OK.png]

Note the difference in Color for the Minimum data set. just how it is.

As mentioned previously the OL negatie trend becomes a lot easier to see compared to the other positios.

Up Until the > 1000 TPE Tier, TEs follow the Minimum contract amount the closest while WRs appear to be considered the most valuable Offense position in the league this season.

Note that Both OL and KP don't reach the higher TPE tiers. OL stops in the 600-799 tpe tier. KP stops at the 400-599 tpe tier. And again QBs start at the 400-599 tier while every other positions has players at 399 TPE or less.

Defense Only Graph

[Image: League_Contract_Averages_by_TPE_Level_pe...efense.png]

Note the difference in Color for the Minimum data set. just how it is.

On defense every position follows the Minimum a lot closer than the offense positions. As mentioned before S at the 800-999 tpe tier are one of the highest paid positions.

Make note of the DE and LB lines. They stop at 400-599 and 600-799 tier respectively and then pick up again at >1000 tier as Dots. I think the DE >1000 dot is covered by the dot for S.

We now go into the individual postion graphs. These graphs are all scatter plots. again can't combo a line graph with a scatter plot in sheets. So you gotta imagine the Minimum line now, got dots at 50, 200, 400, 600, 800 and 1000 tpe to help track that.

QBs
[Image: Contracts_vs_TPE_for_QB.png]

QBs are pretty even with regards to getting paid either above, below or at minimum. Not a lot to take away from this.

RBs
[Image: Contracts_vs_TPE_for_RB.png]

Oh boy there are a lot more Runningbacks than QBs. I count 21 dots on that graph. That's enough for each NSFL team to have 2.1 RBs. With so many clusted in the 200-700 tpe range, can note that team's aren't willing to over pay for a RB. The highest paid is Sam Torenson, he's the dot at 981 tpe getting $6M. The dot at 1130 tpe is Tom Hanks who is on his last season of a 3 season $2M contract.

WRs
[Image: Contracts_vs_TPE_for_WR.png]

Here we go now we see who is pushing the WR market up. Got three dots at $8M or more. Can you appreciate why I set the Y-axis at $12M? Those three dots are Saba Donut, RESPECT and Dexter Banks II.

Including those three, there are over 8 wide receivers in the league making 2x or even 3x their minimum value. Only 30 dots on there, good enough for 3 per team, yet only 4 are over 1000 tpe. And make note of the gap at 600 to 800 tpe, only 3 players in that tier. The wide receiver position is wide open for some active max earners to come in. No surprise the postion has one of the highest contract averages across the board.

TEs
[Image: Contracts_vs_TPE_for_TE.png]
How about that, the first position group to have every player at or under their minimum; a NSFL GM's wet dream.

OLs
[Image: Contracts_vs_TPE_for_OL.png]
As mentioned before OL is the only postion this season with a negative linear trendline, and those three dots at the right of the group are why. NSFL GMs #jizzinmypants

Again note that the best OL is only 658 tpe. If you think you want to be part of this group then DM @caltroit_red_flames #fairrubs

DEs
[Image: Contracts_vs_TPE_for_DE.png]
And we come crashing back to reality with this graphic. Look at that huge gap from 532 tpe to Mr. Shady at 1187 tpe!! #FabVBrother There is a need, and someone should fill it please!!!!

DTs
[Image: Contracts_vs_TPE_for_DT.png]

DTs are more spread out, but are just as in high of demand. Only 17 dots on that screen. Half of them are below 400 tpe. Only enough DTs for each team to have 1.7.

LBs
[Image: Contracts_vs_TPE_for_LB.png]
Oof third defense position in a row that has large gaps at various tpe tiers. LBs have a large gap at the 800-100 tpe tier. The last few rookie classes must have been pretty good for there not to be a major spike in the market for LBs, like we saw with WRs.

CBs
[Image: Contracts_vs_TPE_for_CB.png]
Ss
[Image: Contracts_vs_TPE_for_S.png]
As with the rest of the defense positions most of the dots are either at or below minimum, and comparing CBs to Ss, both DB postions have a nice spread of tpe among players, yet teams thought it worth paying two individuals 2x as much as the next highest played safety at the same tpe level. Congrats to those two players. Uchiha and Brackenridge.

KPs
[Image: Contracts_vs_TPE_for_KP.png]
As you can see this group has the lowest tpe of any postion that actually scores points, regularly. Of this group only four have updated their player within the last month. There is suddenly a pluthera of Kickers made in the S21 class(6) and only 3 Kickers will deal with regression in the next offseason.

And I think that's a wrap.
Hopefully i can do this every season start and keep track of positional trends. Sorry if my analysis was not as in depth as some of you nerds would like, but considering I have nothing to compare it to... well there's not much for it. Maybe @[infinite] will do something with this. He seems to like data crunching stuff.

*A few graphs about nothing - ScorpXCracker - 01-21-2020

this is really cool

*A few graphs about nothing - Buttersqauch101 - 01-21-2020

Hella nice Duilio

*A few graphs about nothing - run_CMC - 01-21-2020

okay two things

1. these graphs seem like they're about something

2. wtf guys @ my fellow RBs, get yourselves paid so I can get myself paid please

*A few graphs about nothing - CalvinP - 01-21-2020

This is dope. Hopefully I bring a championship with how much the hawks gave me. Thanks guys

*A few graphs about nothing - caltroit_red_flames - 01-21-2020

Yes please hit me up if you want to be OL. We out here doing the real work on the field.

*A few graphs about nothing - Jay_Doctor - 01-21-2020

Very cool!

*A few graphs about nothing - SabaDonutMan - 01-21-2020

#BigMoniesGang

*A few graphs about nothing - HENDRIX 2.0 - 01-21-2020

Great work

*A few graphs about nothing - TropicaliaCC - 01-21-2020

im rich biotch