International Simulation Football League
*The New Norfolk Seawolves - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The New Norfolk Seawolves (/showthread.php?tid=17930)

*The New Norfolk Seawolves - MasterCashier - 01-21-2020

The Norfolk Seawolves

So, draft day is over and everyone is like a little kid on Christmas. Passed out in the corner surrounded by all their gifts after not wanting to let them go. It’s exciting to be here in the Norfolk Seawolves locker room as all of the new players are getting settled in and meeting their new teammates. For Norfolk, this was an exciting draft as the team has been resurrected from the evil robot overlords that used to control the team. Scorp had the tough task of breathing life back into this team and so far it looks like he has done a fantastic job.

Players as they file in and grab their lockers have been seen chatting each other up and there has been some good chatter going around. I had a chance to sit down with GM ScorpXCracker and get his feelings on the draft and how his new locker room is going.

I first asked what the mindset was going into the draft. His response was simple: “Going into the draft it was a priority to build a good locker room for our guys to hang out. We wanted people to stay active and get some good TPE, so we thought it best to grab people that already knew each other. We targeted a lot of the MLR players who had that previous chemistry and so far I think it’s been great building out and creating this culture.”

That’s a strong sentiment from the GM of the team and the excitement could be heard in his voice as he was talking about it.

I moved next to ask him on how he thought things were going as players got settled. “The locker room so far has been outstanding. There are a lot of great players out there contributing to the conversation and bringing life to the team. It’s great to see so many people come together and work towards a goal.

Speaking of goals, what are your expectations for this first season after bringing this team together? “ I’m super excited for the upcoming season. Watching all the guys get on the field and play is going to be a real treat. As for expectations for the new season, making the playoffs and competing there would be amazing.”

I thanked him for the time, I know being a new GM can be crazy busy and didn’t want to delay him too much.

I started to walk around the locker room and the chemistry is apparent. Players are familiar with each other and talking about the upcoming season. There is plenty of laughter going around, but the best thing to see is players already getting together and talking about strategy, drills, practice, and of course games.

After taking in some of the environment, I was stopped by Ryan Scott the 4th round pick for the Seawolves. I asked him what it was like coming to revived franchise and he was quick to respond. “ I love that I was drafted by Norfolk. I had some really good conversations with ScorpXCracker before the draft and his vision was right where I wanted to be. All the successful teams that I have been a part of have had this close locker room where the guys play for each other. We know the type of team we have here, and as long as everyone does their job, we have a dangerous team that can make plays on both sides of the ball.”

I stopped by Jeff Personsacker’s locker and he had great words: “We all came in ready to build the team, and to be able to do it with people that we already knew is even more special.” I asked him to clarify and all he could say was “ SACK SACK SACK SACK SACK SACK” so I’ll just take it as him being excited to bring this franchise back to life with some close friends.

Another person I talked to was Cal Lidous, the number 1 pick in the Season 20 DSFL draft. He had this to say about his new team: “The locker room has been nothing short of fantastic. This room is full of guys who already knew each other and the team has been clicking from the start. It’s an absolute delight to be on a team that has this much chemistry before the first game, and no matter what happens this season, we are going to have some fun.”

There is doubt around the league about the franchise since it has just been revived, but you couldn’t tell that from in here. This is a group of players that looks like they want to make an impression on the league (obviously everyone is trying to do the same thing) but to make the playoffs or win a championship with a brand new franchise would be a statement. They may be an underdog but that just makes them even more hungry to make a point to the league.

Only time will tell how this team performs on the field, and whether or not all of this chemistry can translate into good things on a football field. All I can offer you is this advice (from a journalist that has no football talent in the slightest). Don’t sleep on the Norfolk Seawolves, they are here to take the league by storm and show the NSFL what they are made of. They aren’t going to let anyone stand in their way, and they are hungry to prove who they are.

*The New Norfolk Seawolves - ScorpXCracker - 01-21-2020

NOR NOR NOR

*The New Norfolk Seawolves - Frostbite - 01-21-2020

well MB is clearly better. You can be second though

BBB BBB BBB BBB BBB BBB BBB BBB BBB BBB BBB BBB BBB BBB BBB BBB BBB BBB BBB BBB BBB

*The New Norfolk Seawolves - bex - 01-21-2020

NOR NOR NOR NOR NOR NOR NOR NOR NOR

*The New Norfolk Seawolves - Cal Lidous - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 07:00 PM)Frostbite Wrote:well MB is clearly better. You can be second though

BBB  BBB  BBB  BBB  BBB  BBB  BBB  BBB  BBB  BBB  BBB  BBB  BBB  BBB  BBB  BBB  BBB  BBB  BBB  BBB  BBB

It almost physically hurts me to see someone be so wrong.

*The New Norfolk Seawolves - ScorpXCracker - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 02:03 PM)Cal Lidous Wrote:It almost physically hurts me to see someone be so wrong.

*The New Norfolk Seawolves - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 02:03 PM)Cal Lidous Wrote:It physically hurts me to see someone.