International Simulation Football League
Ricky Maddox Post Season Media Session - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Ricky Maddox Post Season Media Session (/showthread.php?tid=1865)

Ricky Maddox Post Season Media Session - SimmerDownBruhh - 07-08-2017

Ricky Maddox enters the conference room and takes a seat behind the mic, stretching a bit

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for coming by. It's been a great season filled with ups and downs but overall, even without the chance of winning the Ultimus, it has been a great start to my career. I'm ready to take questions involving this past season, the upcoming offseason, next year or anything you wish.

R1: Sammy Harrison of the Yellowknife Times. Good evening. I wanted to see if I can get your outlook of the season as a whole after the Yeti cut it short of your preseason expectations?

#85: Overall, I feel like we had a great year. We got close to give ourselves a shot at the Ultimus but we couldn't capitalize when we needed to. Just shows that we got to get better and we need to make sure this doesn't happen again. We're much better than we showed these past couple of games.

SH: What do you believe was holding Yellowknife back this year, the Wraiths were favorites when this league got started?

Eh, it can be a multitude of things, one of those things isn't chemistry, that's for sure. I'd say that the more we get some continuity and we brush up on the details, we'll be a bigger force than we was this year. I'm proud of my guys and I'll fight for them and with them until the end.

R2: Uriah Bailey from ESPN Atlanta over here!

#85: What's up, brotha?! Family's good?

UB: Yessir! Momma said to come by now that you're free for some home cookin'. As far as your team goes, you've gotten word that there's been a few players from Yellowknife that will be taking their talents elsewhere. Any words you'll have to say to them?

#85: Haha I can't get enough of home cookin'! Yes, I've read the reports. It really is a shame but some moves had to be made, it's a business after all. A revolving door of talent, so to speak. I've talked to them already and said my goodbyes. Nothing too crazy. They will be missed in the locker room and on the field, that's for sure. I wish each and every one of them the best. The last thing I gotta say about this subject is, don't be surprised when you take your Ls from Yellowknife.

R3: Michelle Jackson; NSFL Network. As you've heard, the first Expansion Draft is coming soon and the teams have to select twelve players that are deemed "untouchable." Do you believe that you've made a big enough case to be one of those twelve? Also, what is your stance on staying in Yellowknife?

#85: I sure did peep the breaking news. Without a shadow of a doubt. I've shown my commitment from day one to this team and I went on the field and gave 100% since the day I got drafted. I love the environment, the locker room, the coaches, the fan base and everything else that is a part of the Wraiths. If I can make this a NSFL career in Yellowknife, I'd do so in a heartbeat.

MJ: Very well said. You've also had reports earlier in the offseason about you becoming a part of the Jordan Brand. Any words on how you've lived up to the Jordan name? It's a very big accomplishment coming out of college.

#85: Long story short, I did my 100% best and I put my heart into the game of football every day. From game day, to the prep work, the practice, etc. That was one of the reasons why Jordan said that he wanted me to represent him and the Jordan Family. He knows greatness when he sees it. I'm not one to tell one of the greatest athletes in sports history that he's wrong. Haha

Hooowww.. about you.

Points to the left back area

R4: Alright, let's get down to some of the nitty gritty.

#85: Ohh Lordt. Shoot.

R4: Kenny Alpha from ESPN Denver. Ricky, you went from breaking records in a Bulldogs uniform to finding yourself where you couldn't break your habit of donuts. In the Touchdown stat, that is. What happened this year?

#85: If I had an answer for that, I'd tell you. Stars didn't align and I didn't capitalize on all of the opportunities presented to me. Just means I gotta work harder than I did before. That's the nature of the league, I just need to do better, individually and by my teammates.
I have big responsibilities and I need to continue to set the example and build on the blueprint.

KA: Riiiiight. Do you think you could have used more opportunities in the red zone like previous QBs have done in the past? I mean, you are 6'6, you gotta be looking down on some linebackers. 'Mismatch City' was your motto in Georgia, did you guys get rid of that when you turned professional? Shoot, even LeClair managed to find the endzone three times in one game!

#85: I look down at most linebackers. Lol As far as the opportunities goes, I've worked out with (Chris) Orosz last offseason and I plan on doing it again this offseason. Our chemistry has been awesome so far. Having said that, it's not going to be a reoccurring thing with me. My time will come. You guys just have to be as patient as I am. I even got my own TD celebration dance ready for the future to pay homage to one of my favorite receivers of all time.

[iframe width=\\\"560\\\" height=\\\"315\\\" src=\\\"https://www.youtube.com/embed/B5GV-KpitSc\\\" frameborder=\\\"0\\\" allowfullscreen][/iframe]

KA: I dunno, it looks like you was pretty locked up on that field, besides that one big gain you had earlier today. How do you think you performed against the Yeti in the first NSFC Championship Game?

#85: I'll give the Yeti some credit, their game plan was phenomenal on both sides of the field. I did okay. Besides that good gain I had on that one pass from Chris, I was fairly non existent. I know I knocked some lineman on his ass once too. I expect better though. That game, the better team won. We'll be back to take the crown, I know we got the juice.

KA: ..The juice?

#85: You know what I meant! The fortitude. The will to win. Next question please!

R5: Gregory Helmsley: Yellowknife Sports. Looking into these stats, your season ended up making you the second leading receiver in receptions on the Wraiths behind Josh Garden. Third in receiving yards on the Wraiths behind Garden and former teammate Alexandre Leclair. Accumulated the most receiving yards for a TE (422) and the second most receptions for a TE (63) behind Gabriel Tenzini (67). Do you think that you have done enough to be a Pro Bowler despite being held scoreless?

#85: To be honest, if I'm not on the Pro Bowl list, I'm gonna be very upset. Not even from a statistical standpoint. Just from an overall community one. Yeah, you can say "Damn, this guy didn't make any TDs," but I DAMN sure did everything else. If not a starter, at least at backup status, I suppose. Even then, I still proved my worth to the league, so that's what really matters at the end of the day.

GH: Has not scoring a TD took a little bit of the wind from you? You did just come from scoring 13 in your Junior year at Georgia alone.

#85: Not at all, it made my wind stronger, now I got something to fight for even more next year. And I know how much I've improved this year, from week 1 in the preseason to this loss against the Yeti, it's been two different players on the field. More confident, more humble and plenty of chicken wings.

GH: Speaking of the chicken wings, why do you have a counter for them on your dropdown?

#85: Why the f*ck not?

S*it!

Welp, there goes my first f*cking fine. *shrugs* But yeah, I just been feeling wings recently, thought it would be cool to track. I eat them during the game. Please don't tell Coach. I don't wanna lose my chicken wing plug.

KA: Are you gonna blame the chicken wing grease as to why you dropped so many passes?!

#85: *stares blankly at the reporter* You're a funny guy, huh? Haha Nah, I don't eat my wings with my gloves on. As far as my mini dropping issue goes, I don't make excuses. Just gotta set up more dates with Jugs.

..Speaking of dates, on the record, Michelle can get this work. I see you with the X-Ray vision staring me down. I got plenty of interview time for you, love.
*winks in her direction*

R6: Sidney Almanza; Also from ESPN Atlanta. Is there any S2 prospects that need to return to Yellowknife?

#85: Honestly, they're all family to me, you already seen the trade that went down today after the game. One of them appears to definitely be heading back to Yellowknife. If there was a way for them all to make their way here, I say go ahead and do it, but with the loss of so many players, we got holes to fill so Free Agency and this Expansion Draft will be very interesting to see. I'll be keeping my eyes on it.

SA: Speaking of Garden, is the grass always greener on the other side? Do you expect Josh Garden to return to Yellowknife? Any thoughts on the new Expansion teams making their way to the NSFL?

#85: He knows where home is. That's all I gotta say about that. ???? As far as the new teams go, they look awesome logo wise. That and they're gonna be ran by some great guys. I expect to see them both to compete early. It'll be great to see them grow from day 1.

One last question please, almost time to prepare for this offseason.

KA: It's Kenny again! Are you REALLY the GOAT TE?

You better believe it! The fans know what's up, the crew knows what's up, the family, the friends, the women, the kids that pick up the newest copy of NSFL Madden 18, and play as the Wraiths all know that I'm the best thing since sliced bread in the Tight End position.

My credentials speak for themselves. I put the work in and it showed on the field this year. Over a span of a career, Ricky Maddox WILL be the top name on the list for years to come. It not a rant but I just recognize greatness when I see it and the mirror tells all imperfections. And mine tells me that my future looks very bright.

I'm gonna leave it at that, that's for your time and see you in Season number two!

*stands up with a salute and departs the conference room, hitting the team banner as I depart, as he leaves, Ricky feels a tug on his arm, looks back and Michelle places a piece of paper in his hand*

MJ: Off the record.. Your place or mine?

Code:
1824 Words, ready to be graded

Ricky Maddox Post Season Media Session - RavensFanFromOntario - 07-08-2017

MICHELLE, MY MAN!

Ricky Maddox Post Season Media Session - Jiggly_333 - 07-12-2017

Graded

Word Count: 1824
Bonus Tier: $600k

Total Payout: $2.424M