International Simulation Football League
*Notable S22 Prospects - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Notable S22 Prospects (/showthread.php?tid=19371)

Pages: 1 2 3

*Notable S22 Prospects - AdamS - 02-23-2020

Hello there everyone, everywhere. There are just so damned many S22 prospects. As the DSFL GM’s start drinking heavily to prepare for their draft, I think we could stand to break down this class a bit. Who better than me? I don’t know but I’m doing it anyway. I’m gonna go position by position and break down both recreates and any super notable new players. And if you’re a new player and I don’t mention you...well...prove me wrong.

Quarterback-14
QB is always a highly competitive and very narrowly filled position. Currently, 4 NSFL QBs are due to hit regression right now with more to follow soon, plus potential regression. Some of those are taken care of here and some are a bit more open for potential. Meanwhile the DSFL is bound to get some of these guys for several seasons in the meantime.

Recreates:
Monterey Jack
Rradum, San Jose GM
The Sabercats QB of the future as Dan Wright gets older than Gangnam Style.

Swift Willy
Vander Jones, former Philadelphia GM
Jones hasn’t done anything yet with the player but I wouldn’t count him out just yet.

Ben Slothlisberger
Slothfacekilla, Media Grader
Jophnny Slothface was a S15 LB who made it over 1k in TPE before Sloth decided to hang it up and recreate as a QB. A very viable potential non-GM at the position.

Colby Jack
Flyeaglesfly29, Yellowknife GM
Apparently the brother to Rradum’s QB which is a enat thing. With Cooter Bigsby in regression, this will be the Wraith’s eventual replacement in roughly S23 or so IMO. .

Jim Waters
Siddhus, Updater
Retired and recreated just before the draft (but probably late enough that a GM is grumbling somewhere about their pre-draft selection). Siddhus is a fairly active person though so this COULD work out. Siddhus has expressed knowing that it might not work out however so if it doesn’t it’ll be a high profile position switch down the line.

Notable Newcomers:
Luke Skywalker
Muse316
Joined just a week ago and has been very active since then. No matter what happens, this will be one to watch.

Running Back-20
Running Back is always a popular position and one that changes in demand frequently as teams change offensive philosophy. Also a position that tends to be a tad undervalued in draft terms, as they usually get pushed a bit further down into the 2nd round and beyond.

Recreates:
White Goodman
Gucci, Dallas Birddogs GM
The new DSFL franchise will be nabbing their RB in the 2nd round with this pick but the real question will be what happens afterwards.

Jamar Lackson
BenDover
The former semi-active Ronald Watkins is taking another go at the league with his new RB. Watkins did not reach 300 TPE so it will be interesting to see how it changes.

Notable Newcomers:
Kavin Fakon
Toastydata
Has been visible and engaged ons ite and on discord since creation. One to watch for sure.

Acura Skyline
Skyline
Very active right away. It'll be interesting to see if they can maintain this.

Wide Reciever-26
Wide Receiver is one of the money positions in the league for creation because there are quite simply a lot of available spots. Which also means they tend to stay down a shorter amount, meaning DSFL is even hungrier for them.

Recreates:
Mike Lee
Youngcricket, former Hall of Fame, LB
Jaylon lee was a Hall of Famer who once held the tackles record. Leighton Lee was a solid defender. Now Cricket moves to the offense with his usual gusto. I predict a future first in one if not both of his drafts if he stays active.

Terrel Brister Jr
Tbone415, former Colorado GM
Could this finally be the long awaited return of one of NSFL’s most notable handlers? We shall see. Brister garnered numerous awards and Tbone was a very prominent member who held more than one league job so this is a big one.

Thomas Pressmann
Stamkosfan, former Pro Bowler
RIP Tommy Helanan and Hail Satan! Because when else is that ever gonna be in context for me to say? An active member returns with an interesting backstory at a position they thrived in before.

Garfield Despacito Jr.
Gwdjohnson
Previously had the Sr version of this player last summer but left after one update. Has already surpassed the previous player so we’ll see where it goes from here, as they have not signed on in 10+ days.

Notable Newcomers:
William Alexander
Morsey
Active and updating thus far.

William Lim
Yonggarius
We’ve got updates and a backstory already. Keep an eye out.

Susan Cash Jr
2Burkeulosis
As noted elsewhere, my favorite screenname of the new class. Also one of the most active of the entire S22 class.

Kevin Koh
Coterminity
Very active. Has already completed a mock draft, Ultimus Week, and other things.

Eddie Jeeta
QuirkyTurtle
Has done enough tasks to be over 100 TPE.

Tight End-22

Tight End is a position that walks the line between heavily needed and oversaturated in a blink. There is a huge swath of them in this class and some very simply will end up finding new positions.

Recreates:
Jeffrey Phillips
DrunkenTeddy, former Pro Bowl WR
Arguable Hall of Fame candidate Robert Phelps is back with another pass catcher. This should surely catch the eyes of a lot of people in drafting positions.

Notable Newcomers:
Daniel George
Dk87gaming
A massively active fresh face who’s already been seen frequently in the media. And for a brief 90 second period in the league's Cards Against Humanity server.

Heath Evans
Feeler
Has done a number of things toward updating including an Ultimus Week.

Offensive Line-10
O-line still looking for fair rubs out here. No recreates in this group but several active new folks. The oft maligned position is the elast active and has the lowest retention so it's a nice change to see some excited O-Line players here. To the point that most have literally be on site today. I’m just gonna give them general shout outs here. TommyThaMan (Tommy Sacamano), fcruz (Fernando Cruz), NicholasTheGreat (Bruce Buckley), Benthicc_Biomancer (Joey McCabe), and Epitaxi (Sylvester Berlin) especially. Keep up the work gang!

Defensive End-28
One of the coveted positions due to the low end retention and general lack of sexy stats. You can hope to achieve some sacks and a ton of TFLs at your peak but also you don't need to put in nearly as much effort as a number of positions and you get twice as much love. It’s also one of the deepest positions in this draft.

Recreates:
Danielle Hunter
Jaskins811, former grader
The lone recreate here is also one who had success in the past with defensive players.

Notable Newcomers:
Ismael Sanchez
Ismael8907
Completed an Ultimus Week amongst other activities.

Mario VonPebbles
Jangorhino
Technically a recreate as the initial player they created had to retire due to anal fissures. You had me at anal fissures. Also active which is important or whatever. Anal fissures.

Troen Egghands
Troen
Is literally developing a system to account for how active people are. Our next $100 million media entity?

James Cho
Cho1325
Updates, media, the whole 9 yards. This is gonna be a popular draft pick.

Defensive Tackle-28
DT, like DE is a lower end position in terms of creation and retention but has seen an explosion of creates for the S22 draft. I don’t see any obvious recreates though so that’s itneresting given the 1 for DE. Also like DE you can have a more casual experience and still be very good. You do get a lot more sacks though. GMs will bend over backwards to basically kiss your ass if you’re a decent d-line player with any sort of positive LR presence.

Recreate:
Kade Hines
Tesoroano7
Well it looks like we did have a recreate after all. The previous player I don’t remember and they only got to 69 TPE (Nice). We shall see if this player fares better.

Notable Newcomers:
Phat Boi
BadLck
Got to spend some time playing CAH with BadLck and liked what I saw in our interaction. Is planning a podcast and has been an A+ for activity. This is a potential Top 5 NSFL pick, and in the DSFL is likely to be one of the first 3 off the board who aren’t QB.

Denarius Krackle
EarsoftheWolf
Has been busy doing rookie tasks, media, and utilizing the great catchphrase Snap, Krackle, Pop.

Octavio Clemente
Billybolo53
Has a full update, Ultimus Week, and other activities under their belt.

Mo Magic
Thevoicelesscreator
Has been cranking out scouting reports and being generally active since creation. Has a good media niche to work from there.

Linebacker-36

A recently revitalized position now that SLB has been returned to its rightful group and teams can’t spam secondary players into it for stats anymore. RIP to any past wannabe DPOYs who built their entire resume off this. The days of prad’atorrial stats collection are over.

Recreates:
Stanislaw Koniecpolski
Majesiu, former Hall of Fame WR
One of the biggest names in this class in both value and also actual name size. Maj is a very well known league entity who just celebrated his two year anniversary last week. On a personal level I’ve shared multiple LRs with him and he’s one of my favorite people.

Notable Newcomers:
Derre de Ville
Exilizer
Pleased to meet you. Hope you guess my name. An interesting backstory and a lot of activity lead this to be an intriguing prospect. Plus I got to make that sweet Stones reference.

George Fisher
AL_GRINGO
An active new player who I have interacted with in PBE as well. Look out for this one gang.

Sean O’Donohue
Senaod123
Active in media and making updates. Also has been active on Twitter.

Cornerback-31

Cornerbacks are always in high demand and there’s plenty of space for them as most NSFL teams utilize 5 Secondary positions. In DSFL they probably don’t get as much of their due and it’s still a bit of a hit and miss position as well.

Recreates:
Jonathon Altidor
ralams123, former Pro Bowl WR
Ralams’ former player Sam hardwick was an original Copperhead via the Expansion Draft in S16 and so I got to interact with him a bit. There’s more than a few teams looking to pick him up if he stays active.

Thubba Bumper
baueranthony9, sexy beast
Bromance Activated. My MilPBE GM and fellow former Minnesota State Gopher Marching Band alum is going to be a great addition to whatever locker room he’s in.

Thunder Cat
Mmfootball, former player
A player from long ago returns. His original player, S5’s Michael Tillman, got to 238 TPE before life seemingly got in the way. A year passed before this unexpected recreate.

Notable Newcomers:
Cadillac Harris
Tractorcito_grande
Another person out there writing scouting reports and just generally being all over the media section in addition to their updating.

Ozamataz Buckshank
WNK
The running joke is that people with Key and Peele names never last but WNK’s player is off to a hot start. They even did a graphic so things are getting serious.

Andrew Witten
Mithrandir
Another fat bank account incoming if they keep up the kind of writing they’ve been doing in terms of analysis.

Alexander Hamilton II
Alexander Hamilton II
With a backstory that is one part history and one part heavy utilization of the “Andrew luck Civil War” meme style of writing, this could be an extremely interesting player to look out for. Also if someone makes a player named Aaron Burr it could get ugly.

Safety-34
A money position in the NSFL (says the current Safety) and always popular. In this class it comes in thus far at #2 for overall number of created players. The lack of notable recreates is actually sort of baffling to me, even with the now existing inability to phill up on Safeties and play them at LB. I guess it’s strictly newbies for this class.

Notable Newcomers:
Matt Cross
J0EB
A character based on a real professional wrestler is an interesting choice but they seem to be fleshing it out while updating.

Quinn Hughes
Isidore94
They've been busy cranking out TPE tasks and made themselves a sweet little graphic to boot.

Johnny Hellzapoppin
Colabear
Has written a very popular media piece already “So You Want to Get Drafted” and looks to be a very active handler going forward.

Buck Thornton
FurFurFurson
They’ve been pretty busy thus far building up a backstory to go along with the updates.

Shawn Dawkins
Number 82
Graphics and updates so far for 82.

Kicker/Punter-11
Kicker...the unheralded position. Except when they gather together to enjoy their misery or something to that effect. They’re more important than in real life but also hard to predict so GMs don’t like the position but love when they get an active one.

Recreates:
Sam Sidekick
Evok, former Pro Bowl QB
Evok has kicked around the league for a while and history says she’ll be relatively active with this player as she was with previous ones. The pick of K/P was probably to keep it casual.

And there we have it. 262 players as of when I wrote this in this stupidly huge draft class. Now I focused on notable people for several reasons including activity and personal knowledge but obviously there’s every chance that you’re reading this as a S22 prospect and I didn’t mention you. That’s okay. Feel free to comment below and let me hear about it. And presumably also the DSFL GMs who might glance at this in order to help break down who is who. Til then I'm gonna go lay down because you all are exhausting right now.

*Notable S22 Prospects - AdamS - 02-23-2020

This was made using the Prospects section so anyone who isn't there will have been missed.

*Notable S22 Prospects - Duilio05 - 02-23-2020

(02-23-2020, 07:55 PM)AdamS Wrote:This was made using the Prospects section so anyone who isn't there will have been missed.

You missed recreate @Ayyylmao forgot his login info for his Anti-Hype account.

*Notable S22 Prospects - RainDelay - 02-23-2020

This class is awesome so far and there are plenty of great ones who haven’t been talked about yet. Gonna be more than a handful of diamonds in the rough!

*Notable S22 Prospects - Ben - 02-23-2020

(02-24-2020, 01:49 PM)AdamS Wrote:Tbone415, former Colorado GM

:thinking: NOLA

*Notable S22 Prospects - Evok - 02-23-2020

Look mom im on TV!

Hi Adam Smile

*Notable S22 Prospects - .Laser - 02-23-2020

Quote:262 players
Cries in GM

*Notable S22 Prospects - Oles - 02-23-2020

(02-23-2020, 08:55 PM)AdamS Wrote:This was made using the Prospects section so anyone who isn't there will have been missed.

I was about to be mad about the Tyler Oles JR disrespect, but I'll allow it since that's the case

*Notable S22 Prospects - Isidore94 - 02-24-2020

Thanks for including me in your write-up! Great post too for giving some info on my competition!

*Notable S22 Prospects - Ayyylmao - 02-24-2020

(02-23-2020, 07:55 PM)Duilio05 Wrote:You missed recreate @Ayyylmao forgot his login info for his Anti-Hype account.

good looks ty!