International Simulation Football League
Introduction to Opportunity Cost - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Off Topic (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=100)
+---- Thread: Introduction to Opportunity Cost (/showthread.php?tid=1938)

Pages: 1 2

Introduction to Opportunity Cost - adam2552 - 07-09-2017

Opportunity cost is the loss of potential gains by selecting an alternative option.

Let's say you want to go out for some drinks. You have two options:

Option A
Go to the sports bar. You will get drinks, you almost certainly will not get laid.

Option B
Go to the club. You will get drinks, but your odds of getting laid are significantly higher.

The opportunity cost of going to the sports bar over the club is losing your chance (albeit however small) to get laid.

Questions?

Introduction to Opportunity Cost - Stormblessed - 07-09-2017

You're making too many assumptions for this to have any relevance man.

You're assuming there's an infinite number of girls. There isn't.

You're assuming that you actually WANT to sleep with the available girls. Not all of them.

You're assuming no competition over these girls from anyone else. There is.

You're also assuming the cost isn't worth paying. It is. Just because you have another option, doesn't mean it's the right option.

At any rate, I'm bored of this now. Pleasure doing battle with you. Excited to see what Linc can do this year.

Introduction to Opportunity Cost - Jogn - 07-09-2017

Friend, you're mad posting on a roleplay football forum. Assuming you have a chance of getting laid anywhere you go is adorable.

Introduction to Opportunity Cost - ADwyer87 - 07-09-2017

bro, you're my (former) teammate and i like ya, but you're taking this way too far haha

(07-09-2017, 02:55 PM)Jogn Wrote:Friend, you're mad posting on a roleplay football forum. Assuming you have a chance of getting laid anywhere you go is adorable.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks I'm mad, couldn't be further from the truth. Frustrated, yes, but certainly not mad, I just forget it's generally kids playing this. Who gets mad when playing a game?

Introduction to Opportunity Cost - Jogn - 07-09-2017

(07-09-2017, 11:00 AM)adam2552 Wrote:I'm not sure why anyone thinks I'm mad, couldn't be further from the truth.  Frustrated, yes, but certainly not mad, I just forget it's generally kids playing this.  Who gets mad when playing a game?

Counterpoint: this is the 2nd thread and about the 15th post you've made about how another team is making dumb decisions, which seems like a thing that most GMs would go "huh" about and move on with their day

also if you really understood opportunity costs you'd have posted this in the Media section, where at least you'd get money for your opinions.

Introduction to Opportunity Cost - Noble - 07-09-2017

(07-09-2017, 12:03 PM)Jogn Wrote:Counterpoint: this is the 2nd thread and about the 15th post you've made about how another team is making dumb decisions, which seems like a thing that most GMs would go "huh" about and move on with their day

also if you really understood opportunity costs you'd have posted this in the Media section, where at least you'd get money for your opinions.

Point One - I agree, I've gone huh.
Point Two - Fucking savage.

(07-09-2017, 03:03 PM)Jogn Wrote:Counterpoint: this is the 2nd thread and about the 15th post you've made about how another team is making dumb decisions, which seems like a thing that most GMs would go "huh" about and move on with their day

I don't know man, I believe in standing up for your team. When an opposing team attacks my team, im going to launch a counter-attack. A little overboard, probably.

Also the part about it being posted in Off-Topic flew completely over your head.

Introduction to Opportunity Cost - Roshambo - 07-09-2017

I almost feel like I have *less* of a chance going to a club, because it's not my scene at all.

I am 100% a dive bar kind of guy, where I feel comfortable, and if I was at a club I feel like I'd just stick out or be grumpy af.

Introduction to Opportunity Cost - ADwyer87 - 07-09-2017

(07-09-2017, 01:10 PM)Roshambo Wrote:I almost feel like I have *less* of a chance going to a club, because it's not my scene at all.

I am 100% a dive bar kind of guy, where I feel comfortable, and if I was at a club I feel like I'd just stick out or be grumpy af.
same, I can't dance. But I can start conversations with chicks easily when i'm buzzed