International Simulation Football League
*S21 NSFL Draft, Top 13, A Rookie Perspective - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S21 NSFL Draft, Top 13, A Rookie Perspective (/showthread.php?tid=19416)

Pages: 1 2

*S21 NSFL Draft, Top 13, A Rookie Perspective - Forty Jordy - 02-25-2020

There might be some of you out there thinking why are we having rooks submitting mock drafts for the NSFL? Not only do they not know what it takes to be a prominent player in this league, they don’t even have an idea what the DSFL is like! Truth be told there is a lot I will learn over this upcoming season and my hypothesis may be wrong, but this is the start of my journey to at becoming a seasoned analyst for this league. I analyzed many different aspects of teams’ needs by evaluating talent of each roster and looking how each team performed the prior year and used that to inform and back up my mock draft. So here is my take.

Team Needs

OCO Orange County Otters
DE: The Otters are in need of edge rushers. Their aging 9 year veteran, Kwame Abayomi Mbanefo, who is well past his peak and been on a slow decline since S18 has declined to 362 TPE. On the other side of the D-line, the Otters have Max Lovote who never seemed to live up to expectations.
DT: With no tackles under contract, this is another glaring hole in their roster.
S: The Otters can rely on Jaylen Storm before he starts his regression, but the Otters can look to improve their secondary by bringing in a rookie as Gary Lazer-Eyes has not developed.
LB: David Ginsburg, a solid player for many seasons has started to see some regression. Using a draft pick in this position could be used to train up a rookie for season 22.

SJS San Jose SaberCats
CB: While the SaberCats have six players under contract in their secondary, it is filled with veterans, Trey Staley, Tyler Swift, and Jorel Tuck who are nearing the end of their careers as well as players from drafts over the past 2-3 years that have not panned out. Caleb Beck is the SaberCats only rising star.
RB: Quindarius Tyerucker has stalled in his progress this past season and his potential seems to be low from inactivity. SaberCats can benefit from a rookie willing to progress.
LB: With Kolby Deringer riding into the sunset after an amazing 12 seasons, the SaberCats only have one linebacker that they can rely on.
K: Stuck at 128 TPE, Kicky Bobby has not increased his TPE for the past couple of seasons and the SaberCats will need to look to replace him. Don’t expect the SaberCats to pick up a kicker early in the draft though.

PHI Philadelphia Liberty
LB: The Liberty have 1 linebacker on their roster, Wayne Howyanow, who is low in TPE with 261, but has slowly improved over the past couple of seasons. Drafting a talented rookie will have an immediate impact to their front 7.
DT: The interior line can also be improved with only one DT on the roster who’s growth has been stunted at 308 for the last 1 or 2 seasons.

BAL Baltimore Hawks
DE: After a long 11 season career, D’Pez Poopsie, has decided to retire. This leaves a gap in the roster that the still young Fabricio Baldari is filling on one side of the line leaving an opportunity for a new rookie to follow in Poopsie’s footsteps
DT: The Hawks have no tackles under contract and the interior could use improvement with rookie talent.
LB: The story continues for the Hawks front seven. With Raymond Vans regressing for the past couple of seasons and Guy Nikko being inactive and staying put at 422. There are plenty of opportunities for a rookie to make an impact.

CHI Chicago Butchers
TE: No tight-ends under contract, plain and simple.
S: Ten-year vet and former superstar, Dan Schneider, is well past his prime opening leaving a large opening for a rookie to mentor and grow into a top safety. The Butchers have two additional safeties, but Jack Rambo’s progress has been slowing and is currently sitting at 575 TPE and their third safety, Beat, is still young and unproven.
DE: Stevie Vassallo is the Butchers only Defensive end. He disappeared early December when he decided to take a spur of the moment hike up Mount Denali in Alaska. Little did he know that December in Alaska is not to be taken lightly. Fortunately for Vassallo, his lone fan in Alaska knowing about his hiking adventure was worried no word came from Vassallo by the end of January. Vassallo’s fan hiked Denali by himself and found him frozen in a fetal position buried in 3 feet of snow. His fan strapped all 280 pounds to his hiking backpack and brought him back to civilization. Vassallo froze so quickly that doctors were able to defrost him and bring him back. Vassallo is recovering fine and was able to claim 12 TPE 2 weeks ago.

Needless to say, the Butchers could use another defensive end.
DT: Veteren tackle, Thorian Skarsgard, is the Butchers lone tackle. While still formidable only has a couple, more seasons left in the tank. A rookie flying under Skarsgard’s wing would be a great addition.
K: While there are kickers known to play until they are 47 years old sporting a completely white beard that if grown would give Gandalf a run for his money, Kulture Fulture is not that guy.

COL Colorado Yeti
TE: Same story as the butchers, no tight-ends on the roster
S: The young Pete Parker has made a lot of progress in his 3 seasons and has lots of room to grow. However, the Yeti only have one safety on the roster and would benefit from picking up someone in the draft.
DT: While Bubba Thumber could take the entire interior offensive line of any team by himself, an addition to this position would wreck offensive lines.

NOLA New Orleans Second Line
DE: Ben Tu’inukuafe is the Second Lines only defensive end. While Tu’inukuafe has made moderate progress, the Second Line needs a top-tier edge rusher.
S: At only two seasons in, Safety Mason Blaylock already sits at 519 TPE. In addition to Deon Taylor, Xavien Adams, and Jordan Andrews adding a safety to this star-studded secondary would make them unstoppable.

YKW Yellowknife Wraiths
DT: The Wraiths have no tackles on their roster and would benefit from picking someone up.
LB: With Alex Selich nearing retirement, it will leave Nero Alexander as the only leader of the front seven when that time comes. This season would be a good time to pick up a top tier rookie at the linebacker position that can grow under these two veterans.
WR: The Wraiths have two veteran wide receivers, Nate Swift and Tommy Helanen. The Wraiths should consider a receiver in the draft before these veterans decide to retire.
K: Neo Donaldson has been inactive for some time and has already regressed to 155 TPE. A kicker should help the Wraiths in those critical moments.

AUS Austin Copperheads
CB: The Copperheads look to have the most complete roster pre-draft with only a few needs and CB is one that stands out. Dermot Lavelle Jr. can’t cover two wide receivers by himself as the lone CB. Picking up a CB in this draft would help fill this gaping hole.
DT: John-Caleb Bradberton has not shown any improvement since his first season. Picking up one or two draft picks could make the Copperheads very formidable in season 21.

ARI Arizona Outlaws
DE: The Outlaws roster only includes 1 defensive end, Joseph Henry a S14 player, who has shown little improvement in his years in the league. There are plenty middle of the road defensive ends in this draft. If no top defensive ends are available at pick 16, I can wager that the outlaws may wait until the third round to pick up talent.
TE: Jammerson Irving was very promising when he entered the league in season 15. He dramatically improved his first few seasons but flatlined at 800 TPE when his user, contacts, went inactive. We should see the Outlaws picking up a tight end this draft to start building up a rookie for when Irving starts to regress. Keep an eye out for Reynaud Haugland or Rainier Wolfcastle if either of these are available at pick 16.
S: Jamie Nkiah struggled has first season as he only accumulated 246 TPE. Depending on what type of formations the Outlaws are looking to scheme this upcoming year, don’t be surprised if you see the Outlaws expand their safety roster.
WR: The Outlaws have a very similar story at wide receiver, two recent picks from recent years, Jah Bur’Berry and Willie B. Hardagain, have had a difficult time adjust to the NSFL. We could see a move at this position again this year.

Round 1, Pick 1, OCO Orange County Otters
Immanuel Blackstone, S

The Otters have needs at both the defensive line and safety positions. Given that there are four very active safeties in this draft class, the Otters will opt for an edge rusher. The first overall pick of the 21st season of the NSFL will be Immanuel Blackstone DE from Tiajuana Luchadores. While Blackstone is 13 TPE less than Bobby Boucher, Boucher’s, who just finished his second season, latest comments on the forums such as:

Quote:good to know that no one likes me, and i am selfish. This league gives me more and more reason to leave every week

has made GMs question whether or not he could develop into anything more and wonder if having a loose cannon would be too much of a liability in the locker room

Round 1, Pick 2, SJS San Jose SaberCats
Victor Moreno, CB

Victor Moreno CB from the Tiajuana Luchadores. There was no doubt that Victor Moreno would go in the first round. At the top of his class for both season and position, the SaberCats will pick up Moreno to fill in their aging secondary.

Round 1, Pick 3, PHI Philadelphia Liberty
Inspectah Deck, LB

The Liberty have struggled with their front seven, ranking 7th in the league in rush defense averaging 134 rushing yards per game. Expect the Liberty to focus on this group. Expect the Liberty to draft Deck who is at the top of his position with 275 TPE, he has 20 more TPE than the next available line-backer, Douglas Quaid.

Round 1, Pick 4, SJS San Jose SaberCats
Baby Yoda, RB

With the SaberCats second pick, expect them to pick up Baby Yoda RB, a recreate from the Minnesota Grey Ducks, who is played by SwagSloth who is on their 3 player. SwagSloth has played Andrew Reese QB and Eric Kennedy WR. This is a safe bet and the SaberCats can expect Baby Yoda to consistently produce output.

Round 1, Pick 5, BAL Baltimore Hawks

The Hawks have needs all around their front seven. Expect the Hawks to pick up Immanuel Blackstone DE from the Tiajuana Luchadores played by nunccoepi who played as Verso L'Alto who happened to also play for the Hawks. Nunccoepi is very active in the community and the Hawks can place a safe bet here.

Round 1, Pick 6, CHI Chicago Butchers
Osiris Firestorm-Fjord, TE

Considering the Butchers have no tight ends on their roster and top talent, Osiris Firestorm-Fjord TE from the Portland Pythons looks like the perfect pick for the Butchers. Played by HalfEatenOnion, an active community member, who has been here since season 2 with Micah Hendrix LB and Achilles Hondo in season 10. Firestorm-Fjord will be a safe pick and will lead to consistent production.

Round 1, Pick 7, COL Colorado Yeti
Leon McDavid, TE

As the Yeti are on the prowl to fill their TE opening, expect the Yeti to pick up Leon McDavid TE from the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers. McDavid only sits 9 TPE from Firestorm-Fjord, but it played by MN_Moosey whose NSFL aspirations are questioned due to his Hockey background. While McDavid may be untested, he looks suitable to grow into the role

Round 1, Pick 8, NOLA New Orleans Second Line
Warren Stephen, S

I originally had Immanuel Blackstone going at pick 8 before the Bobby Boucher debacle. The Second line will instead have to pick up a safety. Expect them to draft Warren Stephens S from the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers as their pick. I could have seen Matt Murphy filling this spot as he already accumulated 241 TPE as a season 21 safety, but has decided not to pursue the NSFL due to personal matters. While this is Stephens second DSFL season and is sitting at only 151 TPE per season, Stephens has shown continuous engagement on the forums and should be a solid pick for the Second Line.

Round 1, Pick 9, YKW Yellowknife Wraiths
Otis Allen, DT

To fill in for the Wraiths’ opening at DT, you can expect to the Wraiths pick up Otis Allen DT, a S21 player from the Portland Pythons, played by KoltClassic who has already made a name for himself by posting quality graphics and scouting reports for players. Otis Allen has already picked up 273 TPE in his first season and should be a solid pickup.

Round 1, Pick 10, AUS Austin Copperheads
Dax Frost, CB

To fill the Copperheads second CB slot, the Copperheads will pick up Dax Frost CB from Myrtle Beach Buccaneers, a recreate, played by Frost Bite who has been around since season 18. Frost Bite initially played Baxter Frost, a kicker who played for the Philadelphia Liberty. Frost, who played only one year in the DSFL has already accumulated 291 TPE. Frost is a strong athlete and played by a known community member, making this pick a solid one for the Copperheads.

Round 2, Pick 11 Overall, CHI Chicago Butchers
Pete "Plop" Miller, DT

With an aging Thorian Skarsgard and no one to help him on the interior line, the Butchers will pick Pete "Plop" Miller DT from the Norfolk Seawolves. Miller is played by BRNXB0MBERS, who is new to the league but has been making consistant gains. Miller recently picked up 51 TPE putting him at 240 TPE, a formidable amount for a S21 player. Miller is a good pickup for the Butchers and should strengthen their line.

Round 2 Pick 12 Overall, SJS San Jose SaberCats
Douglas Quaid, LB

The SaberCats have 3 picks in the top 12 picks. With the right picks, this could catapult the SaberCats to be a formidable opponent in the Ultimus in S21. The SaberCats will have already picked up a RB and CB from their previous picks. The SaberCats need to start looking at a QB to train up before Dan Wright starts to regress in a couple of years. With no standout quarterbacks in the draft this year, expect the SaberCats to fill other roles. With their third pick of the draft the SaberCats will pick up Douglas Quaid who is sitting at 255 TPE, played by HENDRIX 2.0 who has decent activity on the forums and has some quality media posts.

Round 2 Pick 13 Overall, OCO Orange County Otters
Hold Summers, LB

With the pickup of an edge rusher in the first round, the Otters will pick up Holden Summers, a S21 player who has accumulated 196 TPE. Played by josh30601, who only has moderate activity on the forums may be a risky pick. But if josh30601 can maintain some consistency, Summers would be a great addition to their roster.

Code:
WC: 2517

*S21 NSFL Draft, Top 13, A Rookie Perspective - Vorshayla - 02-25-2020

Just so you know, Dax is no longer a CB

But good mock nonetheless

*S21 NSFL Draft, Top 13, A Rookie Perspective - caltroit_red_flames - 02-25-2020

Where's the offensive linemen?

(02-25-2020, 08:03 PM)Vorshayla Wrote:Just so you know, Dax is no longer a CB

But good mock nonetheless

Thanks. I didn't catch that on his post history.

(02-25-2020, 08:14 PM)caltroit_red_flames Wrote:Where's the offensive linemen?

From my ignorant POV, I assumed OL aren’t worth grabbing at top picks since players have to compete with bots.

(02-25-2020, 08:14 PM)caltroit_red_flames Wrote:Where's the offensive linemen?

From my ignorant POV, I assumed OL aren’t worth grabbing at top picks since players have to compete with bots.

*S21 NSFL Draft, Top 13, A Rookie Perspective - caltroit_red_flames - 02-26-2020

(02-25-2020, 04:23 PM)Forty Jordy Wrote:From my ignorant POV, I assumed OL aren’t worth grabbing at top picks since players have to compete with bots.

What the fucking fuck

*S21 NSFL Draft, Top 13, A Rookie Perspective - Jay_Doctor - 02-26-2020

Just so you know, Warren Stephens was already drafted into the NSFL (S20)

*S21 NSFL Draft, Top 13, A Rookie Perspective - KoltClassic - 02-26-2020

Looks like you've got Blackstone going 1st and 5th overall? Great mock though!

*S21 NSFL Draft, Top 13, A Rookie Perspective - Forty Jordy - 02-26-2020

(02-26-2020, 06:20 PM)caltroit_red_flames Wrote:What the fucking fuck

I wasn't trying to undervalue them and I admit that I overlooked them. I think my perspective is changing. I was initially thinking Freshman OL won't perform as well as bots because I heard bot OL were around 500 TPE. But because there is such high demand for OL personnel that if you drafted a solid player on the OL, they would start to kick ass by season 2 or 3.