International Simulation Football League
*Michael Magic's S21 NSFL Mock First Round Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Michael Magic's S21 NSFL Mock First Round Draft (/showthread.php?tid=19523)

*Michael Magic's S21 NSFL Mock First Round Draft - thevoicelesscreator - 02-28-2020

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]S21 NSFL Mock First Round Draft
Written by Michael Magic[/div]

*DISCLAIMER* This is assuming there are no trades. I will talk about trade possibilities, but I’m going to assume nothing sticks and draft pick remains

#1 Orange County Otters OCO – Dax Frost (RB)
This is an interesting one for me. I had Dax rated as the 8th best player in the draft based on his experience and attitude towards the game. However, you cannot deny the pure skill of the man. The Otters have an alright running back on their roster right now, but adding Dax would really help create a one-two punch, as well as give them a dynamic player for a fanbase that could really use a facelift right now.

#2 San Jose Sabrecats SJS – Douglas Quaid (LB)
The Sabrecats have done well to put themselves in the position of #2 and #4 BEFORE draft day. They have a couple of big needs, and with Brackenridge retiring, linebacker is one of them. Douglas Quaid is an excellent pick here, and I have him ranked #3 overall on my talent list. Why he goes first is because the team picking after them (Philadelphia Liberty) also need a linebacker, and Quaid wouldn’t last until #4.

#3 Philadelphia Liberty PHI - Otis Allen (DT)
With the Sabrecats swiping Douglas Quaid, the Liberty address their other area of need (DT) with Otis Allen. Defensive tackle is a big need in this draft for a lot of teams. Allen was #10 on my player rankings, and is by far the best prospect at the position.

#4 San Jose Sabrecats SJS - HeHateMe PickSix (CB)
The Sabrecats need a cornerback something fierce. HateMe PickSix is the best prospect at the position by a country mile. While #4 might seem a little high to some for PickSix (I had him ranked as #5 on my player rankings), the Sabrecats cannot afford to miss this guy.

#5 Baltimore Hawks BAL - Immanuel Blackwell (DE)
It surprising to see Blackwell fall to #5 (I have him at the second-best player at this draft), but the needs of other teams ensures he falls a little bit before getting picked up by the Baltimore Hawks. With D’Pez Poopsie hanging them up this offseason, DE has become a need for the Hawks. One that Blackwell can fill immediately, and quite well in fact.

#6 Chicago Butchers CHI – Osiris Firestorm-Fjord (TE)
The Butchers need a tight end. One of the two teams that need one in fact. Considering the other team that needs a tight end picks right after them, Osiris Fire-Storm Fjord will be the pick for the Chicago Butchers, and a good one at that (I had him as #9 on my players list).

#7 Colorado Yeti COL – Leon McDavid (TE)
The Yeti are the second team that need a tight end badly. Leon McDavid is the second-best tight end on the draft board (TPE wise), and in my opinion, the best tight end in the draft (#7 on my players list). McDavid will be the Yeti’s man for a couple reasons – need being the primary, and the second being that if they miss, it will be a long way down until they find another tight end close in skill. The Yeti cannot afford to pass McDavid up, so they take him here

#8 New Orleans Second Line NOLA – Prince Vegeta (S)
Prince Vegeta is the best player coming into the draft, there is no doubt of that in my mind. However, safety is not a position any other team needs to fill so badly as to miss out on the prospects listed above. Vegeta will fall to the Second Line, and they will steal the best player in this year’s draft at #8

#9 Yellowknife Wraiths YKW - Rapid Eagle (DT)
This is a reach pick, but the Wraiths need a DT. That was the big glaring point in their run to the Ultimus this year. Rapid Eagle might not be the next best in line in terms of TPE, but the man is a very hard worker, and is very active. I can see him going here to the Wraiths
But I can also see the Wraiths trading back with the Outlaws, who have a lot of picks, but big needs coming up.

#10 Austin Copperheads AUS - Riles McTackle (DT)
It’s hard to say that the Ultimus winning team needs for anything after the season they’ve had, but they do have a need at DT. If any team can afford to reach, it’s the Ultimus champions. McTackle is by no means the best talent available at the pick, but it’s DT slanted draft, so they’ll take him here rather than risk losing out of Eagle or McTackle at #20.