International Simulation Football League
*QB Prospects Evaluations and Rankings - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *QB Prospects Evaluations and Rankings (/showthread.php?tid=19527)

*QB Prospects Evaluations and Rankings - J0EB - 02-28-2020

QB Prospect Evaluation and Ranking

Alas, the ranking we’ve all been waiting for, the QB’s. We have 15 total prospects this year, and a few stand out above the rest, while others fall behind due to inactivity. Today, we’ll see who stands out on top as I declare who I believe is the top QB prospect in the draft, and why others sink past him.

For this evaluation I’ll be looking at several factors including activity in the forums and discord, total TPE and written media. I’ll try to remain as unbiased as possible, as it is true that I have conversed with some of these prospects more than others. It is noteworthy as well that of the 15 prospects, 8 have not created an update page and remain at the default 50 TPE. Due to this, I will not be evaluating their players. Therefore, the 7 prospects who have made updates will be the focus of my evaluation.

Disclaimer: The following order is not indicative of who is the best or worse prospect, it is merely ordered by most to least TPE. After the evaluation will be my ordered ranking from 1-7.

Active Prospects Evaluation

Colby Jack - Current TPE 82 - Pending TPE 60 - Combined 142

Highest Attributes - Arm (75), Intelligence (75), Throwing Accuracy (76)
With a head start on the other prospects, the leader of TPE for QB’s Colby Jack has put forth outstanding effort in being active on the forums. From completing trivia, purchasing equipment and completing the Ultimus Week TPE, Colby has done everything apart from making a wiki to improve his stats. He has made a few good media posts, but despite his activity on the forums, he is seemingly inactive in the discord chats. As for his talents, Colby is a mobile passer who has the capabilities of evading the pass rush and can be dangerous if he slips out of the pocket. With good speed and agility, Colby is a true dual threat quarterback.

Montery “Monty” Jack - Current TPE 72 - Pending TPE 59 - Combined 131

Highest Attributes - Arm (80), Intelligence (74), Throwing Accuracy (76)
Much like his brother Colby, Monty has a pretty good build. With a stronger arm, at the sacrifice of speed and agility, Monty is a true pocket passer. He’s right behind his brother in terms of TPE but only has one media post and it was only a presser. Much like his brother, Monty is also inactive in the discord channels. Rating the two brothers one over the other is really tough because it truly comes down to what you want your quarterback to be able to do. If you want a guy who will stand in the pocket and drill passes downfield to receivers then Monty checks that box. His arm is seriously a cannon and tops the list of the qb prospects.

Jim Waters - Current TPE 50 - Pending TPE 56 - Combined 106

Highest Attributes - Arm (70), Intelligence (75), Accuracy (74)
Now here’s a guy who’s active on the forums and in discord. He’s posted his own mock draft and presser as media, completed his wiki and has even evaluated fellow rookie prospects. In the discord he is constantly helping out the rookies, and is a great person to interact with. Jim’s agility and speed are identical to Colby’s and he is equally as dangerous when it comes to avoiding sacks and running the ball. Jim does have a bit of a weaker arm, but with the constant training he’ll be going through, it shouldn’t be a problem.

Luke Skywalker - Current TPE 50 - Pending TPE 56 - Combined 106

Highest Attributes - Arm (70), Intelligence (70), Throwing Accuracy ( 72)
Luke Skywalker is an interesting prospect. He’s a pocket passer with a good arm but not the best arm. And while he definitely shows more speed and pocket awareness than some of the other prospects, he’s not fast enough to really be a serious threat running the ball. He’s a solid prospect who has been very active on the forums and twitter, but his presence in discord is slightly lacking much like that Jack brothers. Skywalker is a jack of all spades prospect, who won’t let you down, but he may not provide that exciting factor like some of the more mobile qb’s on the list, or those who have a rocket arm.

Suleiman Ramza - Current TPE 50 - Pending TPE 17 - Combined 67

Highest Attributes - Arm (70), Intelligence (70), Speed (65)
Our first prospect under 100 TPE, Ramza has been active on the forums, but only on some of the simple stuff. He hasn’t written any media, nor completed his wiki or the ultimus week pt which are both worth a good chunk of TPE. As a mobile QB, Ramza has good speed and agility, but my biggest concern is his accuracy. At only 60 points, he could see issues with hitting his receivers perfectly. As far as discord goes I have not encountered him.

Ben Slothlisberger - Current TPE 50 - Pending TPE 14 - Combined 64

Highest Attributes - Arm (72), Intelligence (71), Throwing Accuracy (71)
This QB loves to talk. Debatably one of the most active rookie prospects in the whole draft, Slothlisberger is on the discord daily. On top of this, Sloth is currently working on producing a podcast in order to earn money in the league. This is a substantial factor in Sloth’s stock, and the sooner he can start pumping out those podcasts the better. As for his attributes, Sloth has a pretty average build, only gaining TPE through training and activity checks. If he really wants to raise his stock then he needs to start pursuing other methods of gaining TPE like making a wiki or doing the Ultimus week challenges.

Haha Mango-Panda - Current TPE 50 - Pending TPE 7 - Combined 57

Highest Attributes - Arm (77), Intelligence (70), Throwing Accuracy (65)
Another Gunslinger in Mango-Panda who has a great arm but is limited by his accuracy. He hasn’t been active in the forums nor the discord besides making his own signature and the wiki which has yet to be approved. Still, Haha shows promise since he has tackled a few of the more difficult tasks. The biggest issue I see with Haha is that he is incredibly slow. With his speed and agility stats at 40 and 45 respectively, this guy is not going to be evading sacks in the pocket. His talent lies purely in his arm, and even that could use improvement. However, if he is able to keep active in the forums then he’ll soon be right up there with some of these other prospects.

Default 50
Tom Sofa - Current TPE 50 - Incomplete update page

Sim SnowBow - Current TPE 50 - No update page

Allen Spooner - Current TPE 50 - No update page

Dude Doggo - Current TPE 50 - No update page

Colin Vance - Current TPE 50 - No update page

Cavalier Craighorn - Current TPE 50 - No update page

Evan Riley - Current TPE 50 - No update page

Swift Willy - Current TPE 50 - No update page

The Ranking

1. Jim Waters - Ranking number one on my list, Waters has proven his dedication to this league through his constant activity on the forums and in the discord. His agility and speed will prove threatening to defences across the DSFL, and as he continues to train he’ll only get better.

2. Colby Jack - Despite his head start, Colby is only able to lock up the number two spot, while barely outshining his brother. Similar to Waters, Colby will threaten the league with his mobility, but due to his inactivity in discord, he falls to the number 2 spot.

3. Monty Jack - Although the third off the board, Monty is still a steal to whoever drafts him. With the most powerful arm in his class, Monty will be able to shine when it comes to deep passes and his overall throwing measurables are extremely promising. The only thing preventing both him or his brother from being the top pick is their activity around the league in discord.

4. Luke Skywalker - With Skywalker’s jack of all spades style of attributes, he ranks right in the middle of the prospects. He’s been really active on the forums which is why he ranks above the rest.

5. Ben Slothlisberger - Sloth has been the pinnacle of activity around the NSFL, but since he hasn’t completed many point tasks, he can’t be ranked any higher than number 5.

6. Haha Mango-Panda - Haha has made some good progress in point tasks, they just haven’t been formally published. Since his player is pretty slow, avoiding pressure could be something he’ll have to work on in training. But because he hasn’t published his more advanced PT’s like the wiki, he falls to number 6.

7. Suleiman Ramza - And finally, we have Ramza coming in at number 7. Ramza has only completed some of the simpler PTE’s and his biggest detriment is his low accuracy.

1481 Words

RE: *QB Prospects Evaluations and Rankings - Blasoon - 11-30-2020

@J0EB being an absolute squid to me.