International Simulation Football League
*Tatsu Nakamura - DSFL Pre-Draft Presser (S22) - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Tatsu Nakamura - DSFL Pre-Draft Presser (S22) (/showthread.php?tid=19593)

*Tatsu Nakamura - DSFL Pre-Draft Presser (S22) - qWest - 02-29-2020

Promising young running back prospect Tatsu Nakamura has changed out of his workout uniform after going through his pro day metric assessments and exercises along with the rest of his University of Washington teammates that have declared for the DSFL draft. Here at his table, wearing a smart black suit with a purple and gold tie, Nakamura is looking cool and calm ready to take questions from scouts and the media.

Nakamura is available for any and all questions for the next couple of hours.

(02-29-2020, 04:23 PM)Billybolo53 Wrote:What have you done to differentiate yourself in a deep class? Why should a gm draft you and what can they expect from you going?

Thanks for the first question of the presser Billybolo53! It's a really, really deep class right? That r/NFL post really blew up, and there have been a lot of us coming in and trying to get a hang of the league and show what we can do. I think for me, I've just been dedicating myself to a focus on my training. I just want to play my game and tell my story, and I know that between the media articles that I've been able to put up and the athleticism I've shown to the scouts, I've given GMs a lot of great examples to see the kind of character, enthusiasm, and effort that I'll bring to the locker room. Whoever drafts me is going to be thrilled to be getting the most passionate and athletic player in this draft class.

Thanks for the questions Tesla, I'll go through my answers to each of them one by one here.

(02-29-2020, 05:34 PM)Tesla Wrote:What would you say is your area of expertise at the moment and what would you say will be your area of expertise in the league?

On the field, I'm going to be all about speed and anticipation. Not only do I want to be the fastest guy in the DSFL, I am really looking forward to working with my new coaches to progress towards increasing and expanding my game IQ so that I know as much as I can about when and how to let my speed and athleticism really shine in this league. Ultimately, my work in the DSFL is aimed towards showing NSFL scouts and GMs my raw talent, potential, and willingness to work harder than anyone else.
Off the field, I still want to be a leader in the community and for other players and fans. I'm working hard and thinking a lot about how I can share my story as a Japanese immigrant and American that has fought through bigotry, injury, depression, and anxiety putting everything I can into being a good example for the next generation. My dad played baseball professionally in Yokohama and here in Seattle for the Mariners, so I've seen all my life how much professional athletes mean to our culture and to all of the kids out there that look up to us and I want to share as much as I can about myself and my story so that they can see and hear the kind of positivity and hard work that it's taken to get me this far.
I'm also definitely considering opening up more into the comedy and commentary space in the league, a la Pat McAfee after his time in the NFL. I've been talking recently to some other players about bringing that kind of energy and fun to the podcast space, but I'm keeping that idea open for now before I commit too hard.

(02-29-2020, 05:34 PM)Tesla Wrote:What can a team expect from you in the locker room?

I am all about team spirit and bringing enthusiasm to the locker room. If our whole team is able to have a good time in the locker room and to feel free and safe being themselves with their teammates, that kind of team bonding and kinship is infectious and it does so much more than I think most people realize to improve performance when it gets to game time. I think people forget sometimes that professional football is a job, it's hard work and when you feel happy and excited to go to work and you genuinely like the people that you work with, it makes it so much easier to want to put in the effort it takes to perform. So, above all, I really want to build the team environment and be the kind of team leader that makes people excited to go to work every day.

(02-29-2020, 05:34 PM)Tesla Wrote:Thoughts on the process so far?

Man there are so many people in this draft class it's been straight up overwhelming for me. I don't feel like I've gotten the chance to really know any of of my fellow rookies. I have gotten to have a few longer conversations with some of the more experienced players and GMs, which has been really been great for me learning about the league and being able to get answers to any kind of questions that I've had. I've relied so much on my senior peers to help me so far, but I am so excited to get into the locker room and meet all of my new teammates.

(02-29-2020, 10:08 PM)revuhlution Wrote:What other draftees would you like on your team? Favorite post game meal?

Ayyy! Candy! Thanks for stopping by the presser, you know I want you on my team for sure! I've heard you've got one hell of a football IQ, and the tape definitely makes it look that way.
Even more than I love my defensive teammates, you know when I'm thinking about the other S22 prospects the people that I'm crossing my fingers to get onto the same team with are the offensive lineman, those guys make my job possible. I've been watching a little tape and I've seen a couple of beasts out there that I think will be dominating the line of scrimmage in the DSFL. I like Bruce Buckley from Australia, he is a crazy, huge, physical guy that I'd love to get to know more and I've seen a lot of good tape on Tommy Sacameno from the University of Louisiana Monroe, he seems like a really complete player. Also, I haven't seen any tape from him, but I've heard there is another Japanese guy coming into the league playing O-Line, Toshihide Matsumoto I think it was. I'd love to get to know that guy more.

It's really nice going to school here at UW, my family lives here in Seattle and one of my favorite things after a cold winter game at home is going back and visiting my parents after the game and getting to enjoy a big, warm bowl of my haha's udon soup. That would definitely be my favorite post game meal and I'm really going to miss it. Also, my mom would sometimes make me onigiri to take before the game and I'd eat them for an energy boost at halftime.

A huge thank you to everyone who came out to ask questions and hear more of my story! I had a really great time getting to answer questions, but I'm not going to finish this thread here. Make sure you all stay tuned for the DSFL Draft Presentation being streamed live this Thursday, March 5th at 8 PM Eastern. I can't wait to see where I get to start the next chapter of my football career and I especially can't wait to meet my new teammates and get to work on going after that Ultimini trophy! Follow me on Twitter @SenpaiTatsu and look out for my number on the field.

Tatsu Nakamura signing off.

*Tatsu Nakamura - DSFL Pre-Draft Presser (S22) - Billybolo53 - 02-29-2020

What have you done to differentiate yourself in a deep class? Why should a gm draft you and what can they expect from you going?

*Tatsu Nakamura - DSFL Pre-Draft Presser (S22) - Tesla - 02-29-2020

What would you say is your area of expertise at the moment and what would you say will be your area of expertise in the league?

What can a team expect from you in the locker room?

Thoughts on the process so far?

Also best of luck from the agent of one of your former teammates!

*Tatsu Nakamura - DSFL Pre-Draft Presser (S22) - revuhlution - 02-29-2020

What other draftees would you like on your team?

Favorite post game meal?