International Simulation Football League
*Matt Cross - My New Home - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Matt Cross - My New Home (/showthread.php?tid=19861)

*Matt Cross - My New Home - J0EB - 03-06-2020

Matt Cross - NOR - My New Home

“Here for Pick 14 for the Seawolves, we will be taking Matt Cross… super high earner, cranking out the media… perfect storm for Norfolk here” -Bex

When I heard my name called in the DSFL Draft, I was so pumped. I leapt out of my seat, 14th overall?! While I had hoped to be a top pick based on my abilities, character and efforts, I tried to keep my expectations low so I wouldn’t be disappointed. This class had unbelievable depth at the Safety position, and while I considered myself a Top-5 caliber prospect, I didn’t know if GM’s saw me in the same light. But at Pick number 14, I heard my name and knew that the effort I had put in throughout college and highschool was finally paying off. I was going to be a Norfolk Seawolf. Wow. I’m still in awe and feel so lucky to be in the position I’m in. I was the third safety off the board! What an incredible honor, the GM’s in Norfolk believe in me, and I can’t let them down. I seriously can’t thank Bex, Juniped and Scorp enough for bringing me to Norfolk.

I’ve now had the chance to enter the Norfolk Locker Room and I absolutely love it. Everyone is so friendly and supportive. The veterans are always willing to help, and my fellow rookies are super talkative and nice. I’ve had the chance to talk with a lot of the team by now and I feel like I’m truly where I belong.

My fellow rookies are all incredible people. Thubba (Bauer) is nice on the inside, even though he may appear a bit confrontational at times. He’s definitely a character, demanding monies constantly, but I can tell he’s a good guy and means the best. There’s Wes (Lightnoir) who has quickly become a guy I really enjoy talking to. We share a lot of similar interests and have bonded over My Hero Academia specifically. Since we’re both safeties, it’s important that we share a tight bond so that we can dominate in the secondary and always be synced up during the games. I can already tell that connection won’t be hard to form and that our defense is gonna be hard to overcome.

Other than those drafted beside me in the secondary, DT Magnus (Tesla), WR Kevin Koh (Coterminity), LB Jack Banks (TheRocheLimit), and K Sam Sidekick (Evok), have all made a splash right out the gate as well. Agent Tesla is unbelievably friendly, almost like a mom or older sister. Koh is a genuine guy and looking to light up the league. Banks is still getting used to the system, but he is putting in a lot of effort to learn and improve, and I can already tell that his dedication is going to be strong. Finally, last but absolutely not least is kicker Sam Sidekick. There’s so much to say about this guy I could write an entire article about him. But I’m not going to do that, so I’ll just use one word to describe him instead. Hilarious. There are a lot of funny guys in the locker room for sure, but Sidekick takes the cake. There are still a lot of players I haven’t mentioned, and I haven’t forgotten about you all, I just haven’t had the chance to get to know everyone. I look forward to playing alongside all of you though.

Looking at my fellow rookies coming to Norfolk, and at the excellent leadership and veterans already here, I can’t help but have high hopes for our season. I know that there were a lot of talented prospects who went to other teams, but I think the group of guys and gals we have in Norfolk are special. Monday is the start of the year and we’re ready to go out there and whip up a storm. No matter the outcome of the season, I’m glad to have been drafted here in Norfolk and become a Seawolf, because after all, Norfolk Best Folk.

words 675

*Matt Cross - My New Home - IsaStarcrossed - 03-06-2020

So hyped to have you in the locker room, man! You've been incredible so far. I am so excited to see how all of you guys develop as the season plays out.

*Matt Cross - My New Home - Lightnoir - 03-06-2020

We're gonna accomplish great things here in Norfolk!

*Matt Cross - My New Home - ScorpXCracker - 03-06-2020

NOR NOR NOR

*Matt Cross - My New Home - MasterCashier - 03-06-2020

Great to have you in the locker room, and keep up the good work.

NORFOLK BEST FOLK.