International Simulation Football League
*Luchadores S22 Draft Review - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Luchadores S22 Draft Review (/showthread.php?tid=19892)

*Luchadores S22 Draft Review - AL_GRINGO - 03-07-2020

Luchadores S22 Draft Review

First off since this is my first media post I just want to say what's up to everyone in the National Simulation Football league. I have started to slowly meet more people in the league and was recently drafted by the Tijuana Luchadores which was my DSFL team of choice since their General Manager was one of the first people to reach out to me when I joined the league. Also since I am half Mexican and been to TJ many times it seemed like a natural fit.

This is my first season ever in the National Simulation Football League and I am still learning the teams and players so forgive me for any blatant rookie mistakes by me. I do have sim league experience in the NSFL affiliated league the Professional Baseball League and I am one of the top earners in my draft class in PBE. I enjoy writing about my teams and their players so be on the lookout for weekly reports for me if time is willing.

I am heavily involved in the scouting process for my team in PBE so I do know how to spot talent in a draft class but our draft pools are much smaller than the NSFL so there is a lot less work. Hats off to all the gms and scouts in this league because I know the hard work you have to put in to draft well.

Enough about me and let's get to the Tijuana Luchadores and the players they were able to pick up in the first 100 picks of the Season 22 DSFL Draft. When I am evaluating a draft in a sim league I found the best practice is to identify a few key needs for your roster and target those positions. At that point, I only focus on the forum users of that position and their activity because that is one of the best indicators for a high earning player.

When looking over the team stats from last season I can tell that the Luchadores value defense. They lead the league in sacks, total tackles and tackles for a loss. The biggest need for their defense is in the defensive backfield as they had the least amount of pass deflections in the league but overall their defense is the best part of the Tijuana team.

Their biggest on the offensive end is at quarterback where they had the worst quarterback play in the DSFL last season with only 5 touchdowns and 18 interceptions. They do seem to have good wide receivers on the roster as they finished second in total receiving yards but failed to score those crucial touchdowns when needed.

4: QB Ben Slothlisberger - @slothfacekilla
This pick was great for Tijuana because not only did they get their greatest position needed but I am confident Slothlisberger will be a top earner and beast at the quarterback spot. His gunslinging mentality and amazing arm strength will have its ups and downs but his play will be a welcome relief to the Luchadores

20: Traded to KC for 29 & 45
When it comes to draft day teams that do well are the ones that have a plan and are not afraid to take chances. I am a big fan of trading down if you know a guy you like will most likely be available. Having more assets is very valuable on draft day and I see this as the Luchadores general managers taking a risk that their guy will slide a few spots.

28: CB Andrew Witten - @mithrandir
The second greatest need on the team was a defensive back and Tijuana was able to get two high potential corners thanks to trading the 20th pick earlier in the draft. Witten is a zone corner with high speed, intelligence, and agility. He will get a chance right away to help this Luchadores team. With 36 total posts on the forum and a huge amount of written media Mithrandir looks to be a solid user.

29: CB Ozamataz Buckshank - @Ozamataz
The second of the two corners taken Ozamataz Buckshank is also a zone corner who will rely on his speed and agility to cover wide receivers in the DSFL. It will be fun to watch him and Witten clamp down on an offense. He has an update page done and seems to understand the flow and process of the league quickly which is a great sign of a high earner.

36: WR Thomas Passmann - @StamkosFan
The Luchadores picked up a great speedy wide receiver in the 36 spots This guy paired up with Slothlisberger could be a deadly duo. The user seems to be recreating since they joined the league almost two years ago. Recreates are usually valuable because they are familiar with the forum and league.

44: Traded to MINN for 48 & 96
See my comments for the 20 pick trade. This is another example of how trading down can actually get you more in return. The Tijuana GMs have a very similar draft philosophy as me.

45: LB Devaunte Sackpieder - @devaunte
I love this pick up for the Luchadores as they get a lineback to add to their great defense. This guy has almost the same build as me and looks to be a top earner in the league. The user has been pumping out a ton of media so you know they are excited to be here. Can't wait to terrorize offenses in the DSFL with this guy.

48: LB George Fisher - @AL_GRINGO
I was not expecting to go in the top end of the draft so I was pleasantly surprised to see me to Tijuana at 48. Like I stated earlier I plan on being a top earner in this league and wanted to be a Luchadore so this a match made in heaven for me.

60: OL Calvin Golladay - @CalvinGolladay
Another great find for the Luchadores at pick 60 with Calvin Golladay. He will help to protect the young Ben Slothlisberger in the pocket and this guy looks to be a star in the making. The user has been very active on the forum.

68: WR Friedrich Vequain - @Sutj
Another wide receiver to pair with Ben Slothlisberger, Vequain is a speed receiver that can blow the top off of a defense. His speed will be needed to set up the underneath routes for other receivers.

76: TE Max McClure - @GreenBayWatty
A blocking tight end this guy could be a sneaky pick for Tijuana at 76. His big frame will help to set up the running game and in the red zone. He has an update page and lots of TPE to claim which is great to see.

84: OL Sylvester Berlin - @Epitaxi
Berlin is another offensive lineman to protect the young quarterback and a great pick at the 84 spot. Their pass blocking skills will be needed if this team wants to improve its passing attack. This user has an update page TPE to claim which is always good.

96: RB Richard Gilbert - @SwankyPants31
With their last pick in the top 100, the Luchadores took power back in Gilbert. He can be a big part of the running attack this upcoming season and his strength will be valuable in goal-line and short-yardage situations. This user has an update page, TPE to claim and media.

Code:
1207 words

*Luchadores S22 Draft Review - Jay_Doctor - 03-07-2020

Great stuff! I look forward to reading more from you

*Luchadores S22 Draft Review - slothfacekilla - 03-07-2020

Great article! Have to say I’m loving our draft and talking with y’all in the locker room.