International Simulation Football League
*The Future is Now! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The Future is Now! (/showthread.php?tid=19927)

*The Future is Now! - Blasoon - 03-07-2020

The Future is Now!

Looking Back at the Draft and Looking Forward to the Next Generation of the DSFL

With the conclusion of the Season Twenty Developmental Simulation Football League Draft, I find myself optimistic about the future of my fledgling career. For some context, as a Brit watching the draft, I found myself staying up, waiting until the wee hours of the morn to learn where my career would be taking me. At the ever so slightly, ungodly hour of two thirty in the morning, I found out that I was being drafted by the Norfolk Seawolves. Whilst of course, disappointment had been brewing inside me as I watched pick after pick go before me. As I wrote about in a previous article, I understand that I entered into a stacked draft class, and this was to be expected, nevertheless, I must admit that I felt the sting of waiting, as time continued and I continuously hoped that I would see my name and face pop up on screen. I don’t mean to come off as sappy, but all the hurt and disappointment dissipated as I saw my name pop up at number one hundred and eighteen. For that, I have to shout out Bex, in particular for having such nice remarks about me and for making me feel welcome in the Seawolves from the moment I was selected by them.

I would also like to congratulate some other friends who ended up in different teams. We may be opponents now, but I wish you nothing but the best in your careers. So, to Zamir Kehla (Pick #12, Portland), Susan Cash JR (Pick #50, London), Fawn Dillmiballs (Pick #69, Kansas City) and Haha Mango-Panda (Pick #74, Dallas) I wish you guys well and look forward to playing against you in the future.

Here is a breakdown of Norfolk’s picks over the night.

Pick Position Player
6 CB Thubba Bumper
10 DT Magnus Rikiya
14 S Matt Cross
30 WR Kevin Koh
38 S Wesley Eriksen
54 QB Luke Skywalker
62 K Sam Sidekick
70 LB Jack Banks
78 LB Spike Suzuki
86 DT Godrick Fallstrum
110 DE Loin Stake
118 QB Suleiman Ramza
126 DE Buster Brownce
134 WR Ronan Briscoe
142 S Michael Lee
150 DT Lucas Faucher
158 DE Slim Pickens
166 S Calum Auron
174 DE Frank Ngyuen
182 CB Valor Gilmore
190 DT Tony Baloney
198 RB Sulu Candles
206 TE Brent Blackmon
214 DE Rainman Legends
222 S Zakary Duke
230 LB Ronnie Schultz
238 WR Nathan Bigelow
246 TE Cameron Tova
254 TE Colin Miller
262 S Joshua Vagner
270 QB Allen Spooner

Now of course, I couldn’t possibly go through this entire list and detail what makes everyone special and useful to the franchise; for crying out loud, there are thirty-one picks up there! But what I can say about this team is that they are without a doubt one of the biggest threats in the Developmental Simulation Football League. And so, for all other teams out there, get ready, because we all want rings. I got big hands, so I’ll let you know now that I’m a size large.

I will say, after reflecting on this draft, I am filled with optimism and excitement. Optimism for the coming future, the upcoming season and the potential to win, as the kids put it, ‘hella’ rings and titles. But in all seriousness, after reading about all the different, incredible players I will be sharing the field with, I feel an immense amount of optimism about the next couple seasons. I hope that all other discord locker rooms can be as welcoming and cohesive as the Norfolk Seawolves locker room has felt to me. I feel such an excitement whenever I am around my teammates and I believe it has given me a drive and a desire to win. Not just for myself, but for every single other person on the team, each of whom put a lot of effort into their roles, this league, and most importantly to me, every single one of the have put an incredible amount of effort into making the Seawolves locker room one of the most fun places to be in the lead up to this next season.

I think I only really have one last sentiment left, and that’s that this draft, whilst providing me with a lot of fear, self-doubt and inner tribulation, it has filled me with hope, excitement and optimism. Arguably more that I deserve. I don’t know. But What I do know is that from this point forward, the Norfolk Seawolves will scratch and claw their way into becoming Ultimini champions. And pick 118 will do everything he can to help the team achieve that goal.
And if I can leave with one final sentiment.

Suleiman Ramza – Pick 118, Ultimini Champion.

Oh yeah. That sounds good.

Thanks everyone, take care and have a great day.
824 Words.

*The Future is Now! - Tesla - 03-07-2020

Rooting for you in more ways than one!

Good work!

*The Future is Now! - J0EB - 03-07-2020

Awesome article Blasoon! I agree that the Locker Room had been incredibly welcoming so far. We've got a lot going for us and this season is going to be exciting!

#FearTheFleet
NOR

- Matt "Son of Havoc" Cross - Pick 14, Ultimini Champion

You're right, that does sound good

*The Future is Now! - 2Burkeulosis - 03-07-2020

Congrats Sully. While 118 might not look that impressive. Just remember that the greatest QB to ever play the game was drafted 199.